Star Wars Force Unleashed X360 and PS3 $14.99 new/$12.99 used at GameCrazy

Thanks. Damn mine is like 45 minutes away from me, I could just go to a family video which is 5 minutes away and save myself a trip for 7 bucks more. I'll keep it in mind if I some how wind up near it.

Excellent deal. I got my copy during the Gamefly sale for $15 I think. Definitely worth the price despite it's flaws. Especially if you are a Star Wars fan.

might actually put my mvp to use on this one. i already beat the game on 360, but might give it another go on the ps3 just to add it to my collection. thanks for the heads up OP.

If they hadn't totally botched the Star Destroyer scene, I'd be down to pick it up for good. It was one of the worst rentals I played last summer.

I got it a few months ago for $15 or whatever it was at Gamefly. That Star Destroyer scene was pretty bad and the targeting has issues but, for the price, I enjoyed it despite not being a Star Wars fan whatsoever.

It's a very short game so it is an easy one to beat then trade in for more than you paid at GameStop (particularly if you take advantage of the trade-in deals).

11.69 for mvp. i think its so cheap bc the company over-ordered new copies. also the gc elite system comes with a free copy of force unleashed.. so i imagine as a company, stores are swimming in used copies.

Damn, thats a great price. Rented it a couple of months ago but been meaning to pick it up again to finish it off. Gotta remember to stop by and pick it up next time I'm there. Thanks Scorch.

[quote name='Scorch']11.69 for mvp. i think its so cheap bc the company over-ordered new copies. also the gc elite system comes with a free copy of force unleashed.. so i imagine as a company, stores are swimming in used copies.[/QUOTE]

Even better. Yeah, I forgot GC was bundling it with the elite. Pretty cool that the PS3 version lowered, too. I almost always go for the 360 version of multiplatform games, but I just helped a friend get a PS3 (and actually just got this game in the b2g1 at GS, but only as a placeholder), and it might make more sense to get the PS3 version and share it, instead of getting him the PS3 and myself the 360. Seems like it is practically identical between the two systems.

I almost wonder if this was a price error or if it's a temporary sale because it was just $19.99 used in the Memorial Day sale. I'll let you guys know, as always, if it goes up again.

GameCrazy is right down the street from me, too bad I already bought this game.
151l1259.jpg

I was going to start a new thread, but then I saw this one. I just picked up Star Wars Force Unleashed for $14.99 brand new at Hollywood Video.

[quote name='steve967']I was going to start a new thread, but then I saw this one. I just picked up Star Wars Force Unleashed for $14.99 brand new at Hollywood Video.[/QUOTE]

I believe one of my local HWV stores that converted half to GameZone or whatever their 'game store' bullshit is had 2-3 copies of this in stock for the PS3 the last time I was there.

If it's $15 NEW there, I'll stop in and grab a copy. I've wanted to play this since it came out. My one buddy rented it soon after it released, but that was months before I got my own PS3.

I loved playing Psi-Ops on the PS2 and Xbox, so tossing around Storm Troopers ought to be just as much fun, even though I'm really a Star Trek fan.

Ugh...once again it's a case of "right price, wrong store" for me as we don't have any GC anywhere I know of in Atlanta. I'll have to try the HV and see if there's any joy there...:bomb:

this game is dope and i don't even like starwars like that!!! Buy this game at this price, beat it, then sale it for more than this at half.com make a profit people!!!

can't sell it at $12.99 until tomorrow? what the fuck? please tell me you called him an asshat and asked to speak to a manager. that's one of the dumbest excuses i've ever heard.

Scorch, that guy was the manager. Said something about some corp email stating it can' be sold until tomorrow or some crap.

I was totally let down. I drove out there all excited and then was like... tomorrow? I think I may go there at opening tomorrow and snag it. It better have a proper case and everything though. I may grab Burnout Paradise too, since I can't seem to trade for a copy on Swaptree anyway.

Just called a gamecrazy near my house and the employee says its $24.99 used, and I quote, "It's way too popular a game to be selling for 12.99" I never have any luck at GCs

[quote name='JohnLa101']Just called a gamecrazy near my house and the employee says its $24.99 used, and I quote, "It's way too popular a game to be selling for 12.99" I never have any luck at GCs[/QUOTE]

This is why you're NOT supposed to CALL the store. If you want the deal, you have to be willing to expend the gas/time and go into the store to get the deals.

If it's listed on here and it's not listed as YMMV, then it should be a 100% correct deal, but you have to get off your butt to get it.

Calling for a deal only alerts employees to the deals and some of them may clean out a store of said deals.

You not only hurt yourself, but any other CAG's who may be in your area by calling.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is why you're NOT supposed to CALL the store. If you want the deal, you have to be willing to expend the gas/time and go into the store to get the deals.

If it's listed on here and it's not listed as YMMV, then it should be a 100% correct deal, but you have to get off your butt to get it.

Calling for a deal only alerts employees to the deals and some of them may clean out a store of said deals.

You not only hurt yourself, but any other CAG's who may be in your area by calling.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I think you're taking this a little too seriously. But maybe you're right, and for that, I wholeheartedly apologize to my local CAG community for ruining this deal for them. I'm gonna go wallow in my self-loathing now...

[quote name='JohnLa101']Dude, I think you're taking this a little too seriously. But maybe you're right, and for that, I wholeheartedly apologize to my local CAG community for ruining this deal for them. I'm gonna go wallow in my self-loathing now...[/QUOTE]

There's no need to be a smartass, but I DO take finding deals seriously and why should I let some employee who had all the opportunity in the world to find and buy these deals grab a deal that I may want by calling them?

I mean, I could possibly understand it if the store is like an hour's drive and you don't wanna waste THAT much gas. But if it's like the stores here, where I have two HWV stores within 20-25 minutes EASY drive, then it's a no brainer to NOT call and maybe have that last copy of X game disappear that I remembered seeing there last week or whenever.

New version at Game Crazy was $49.99. Got the last used one for $12.99 no questions asked. Was even marked for that price. Didn't get a case, but I think the salesclerk made up for it by pulling out a disk from the new stack as my disc was flawless. :applause:

Thanx Scorch!! :applause: been looking for this game on the cheap for a while. Just grabed a used copy, asked for a price check, at first the saleperson said "its right on the game". I then repiled "can you just price check please (in a nice tone of course), the look on her face when she said " wait it say's $12.99" was priceless. I with a smirk on my face said "ill take it ,thank you":bouncy::bouncy: Thanx OP again!!:lol:

how are the TIV's at GC (generally speaking)? My closest one is about 25 minutes away so I have no frame of reference. Thanks in advance.

Nice. I missed out on the Gamefly deal so i'll be picking this up. I'll try to get it new since there is a HWV one block away from me. The nearest GC is 15 min away.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It was probably the LAST copy and the employee found out it was $12.99 from checking it for Nephilim and either wanted it for themselves or a friend.[/QUOTE]

This. There was no such memo.

Just called a gamecrazy near my house and the employee says its $24.99 used, and I quote, "It's way too popular a game to be selling for 12.99" I never have any luck at GCs

He looked at the sticker. It scans at $12.99. It was $24.99 earlier this week. My co-workers didn't even know about it until I showed them.

im confused, is this new or used cause someone mentioned new copies being sold for cheap

Hollywood Video stores that sell the game possibly have it for $14.99, but GameCrazy sells it for $49.99 new.

Thanx Scorch!! :applause: been looking for this game on the cheap for a while. Just grabed a used copy, asked for a price check, at first the saleperson said "its right on the game". I then repiled "can you just price check please (in a nice tone of course), the look on her face when she said " wait it say's $12.99" was priceless. I with a smirk on my face said "ill take it ,thank you":bouncy::bouncy: Thanx OP again!!:lol:

That's what I love to hear. No problem!

Is this a temporary or permanent price drop?

I'm thinking temporary, but I will post if it changes.

how are the TIV's at GC (generally speaking)? My closest one is about 25 minutes away so I have no frame of reference. Thanks in advance.

GENERALLY speaking, lower than average, but GS price matches any TIV and beats it by 5%.. so you couple that factor in with lower used prices than GS.. it's awesome when you find a store with competent employees.

[quote name='carpwrist']If they hadn't totally botched the Star Destroyer scene, I'd be down to pick it up for good. It was one of the worst rentals I played last summer.[/QUOTE]
Hm.. I actually didn't mind that part that much. Yeah, it was tricky, but I wouldn't say it was botched. I actually had a harder time with the very first and very last boss fight than I did with that one. Maybe I read too many negative reviews of that section before hand that once I actually go to it, my reaction was "huh, that wasn't that bad." Anyway, I think it's a pretty fun game and well worth $15. I especially liked playing through the second time after most of the force powers were maxed out - there's just really something very satisfying about smashing down a tie fighter onto a squad or stormtroopers. If you missed it, check out this out: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/8/20/

"they hadn't totally botched the Star Destroyer scene, I'd be down to pick it up for good. It was one of the worst rentals I played last summer."

I will second this, made me actually stop playing the game, a shame cause I had a blast up until that part. Cut scenes alone are worth it,light years better than the last 3 films combined. Might be willing to go back at this price, thanks OP.

See, now this is why I don't get too excited over Gamestop B2G1 sales. My last big B2G1 haul was a bunch of recent releases and came out to about $99 total: SW Force Unleashed, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia... At the time I thought that was a great deal for 3 near-mint $60 retail games. However, while I played Force Unleashed and IU a bit, I should have held off. I could have had this for $13, IU for $10 (new to boot) from Best Buy, and Vesperia for $30 or less. That'll teach me to ever buy stuff near retail again :bomb:.

bread's done
Back