- - - - -

Star Wars Force Unleashed X360 and PS3 $14.99 new/$12.99 used at GameCrazy

#31 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:16 AM

It was probably the LAST copy and the employee found out it was $12.99 from checking it for Nephilim and either wanted it for themselves or a friend.

#32 BigDaddyElk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

BigDaddyElk

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:19 AM

Great game pick it up if u can

#33 JohnLa101   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

JohnLa101

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:44 AM

Just called a gamecrazy near my house and the employee says its $24.99 used, and I quote, "It's way too popular a game to be selling for 12.99" I never have any luck at GCs

#34 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:20 AM

Just called a gamecrazy near my house and the employee says its $24.99 used, and I quote, "It's way too popular a game to be selling for 12.99" I never have any luck at GCs

This is why you're NOT supposed to CALL the store. If you want the deal, you have to be willing to expend the gas/time and go into the store to get the deals.

If it's listed on here and it's not listed as YMMV, then it should be a 100% correct deal, but you have to get off your butt to get it.

Calling for a deal only alerts employees to the deals and some of them may clean out a store of said deals.

You not only hurt yourself, but any other CAG's who may be in your area by calling.

#35 themidnighter23   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   816 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

themidnighter23

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:42 AM

im confused, is this new or used cause someone mentioned new copies being sold for cheap

#36 JohnLa101   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

JohnLa101

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:44 AM

This is why you're NOT supposed to CALL the store. If you want the deal, you have to be willing to expend the gas/time and go into the store to get the deals.

If it's listed on here and it's not listed as YMMV, then it should be a 100% correct deal, but you have to get off your butt to get it.

Calling for a deal only alerts employees to the deals and some of them may clean out a store of said deals.

You not only hurt yourself, but any other CAG's who may be in your area by calling.

Dude, I think you're taking this a little too seriously. But maybe you're right, and for that, I wholeheartedly apologize to my local CAG community for ruining this deal for them. I'm gonna go wallow in my self-loathing now...

#37 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:52 AM

Dude, I think you're taking this a little too seriously. But maybe you're right, and for that, I wholeheartedly apologize to my local CAG community for ruining this deal for them. I'm gonna go wallow in my self-loathing now...

There's no need to be a smartass, but I DO take finding deals seriously and why should I let some employee who had all the opportunity in the world to find and buy these deals grab a deal that I may want by calling them?

I mean, I could possibly understand it if the store is like an hour's drive and you don't wanna waste THAT much gas. But if it's like the stores here, where I have two HWV stores within 20-25 minutes EASY drive, then it's a no brainer to NOT call and maybe have that last copy of X game disappear that I remembered seeing there last week or whenever.

#38 BLAZETIGER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:18 AM

New version at Game Crazy was $49.99. Got the last used one for $12.99 no questions asked. Was even marked for that price. Didn't get a case, but I think the salesclerk made up for it by pulling out a disk from the new stack as my disc was flawless. :applause:

#39 Ronin317   The Yinzer Slayer CAGiversary!   1534 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:25 AM

I can't wait for Gamestop to drop this sucker. <$20 is my breaking point for this one.

#40 spider24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

spider24

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:26 AM

Thanx Scorch!! :applause: been looking for this game on the cheap for a while. Just grabed a used copy, asked for a price check, at first the saleperson said "its right on the game". I then repiled "can you just price check please (in a nice tone of course), the look on her face when she said " wait it say's $12.99" was priceless. I with a smirk on my face said "ill take it ,thank you":bouncy::bouncy: Thanx OP again!!:lol:

#41 CAG 79   CAG for 14 years CAGiversary!   2328 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:41 AM

Is this a temporary or permanent price drop?

#42 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3548 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:44 AM

how are the TIV's at GC (generally speaking)? My closest one is about 25 minutes away so I have no frame of reference. Thanks in advance.

#43 emg28   esteeohpee CAGiversary!   3051 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:39 AM

Nice. I missed out on the Gamefly deal so i'll be picking this up. I'll try to get it new since there is a HWV one block away from me. The nearest GC is 15 min away.

#44 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:35 AM

It was probably the LAST copy and the employee found out it was $12.99 from checking it for Nephilim and either wanted it for themselves or a friend.

This. There was no such memo.

He looked at the sticker. It scans at $12.99. It was $24.99 earlier this week. My co-workers didn't even know about it until I showed them.

im confused, is this new or used cause someone mentioned new copies being sold for cheap

Hollywood Video stores that sell the game possibly have it for $14.99, but GameCrazy sells it for $49.99 new.

Thanx Scorch!! :applause: been looking for this game on the cheap for a while. Just grabed a used copy, asked for a price check, at first the saleperson said "its right on the game". I then repiled "can you just price check please (in a nice tone of course), the look on her face when she said " wait it say's $12.99" was priceless. I with a smirk on my face said "ill take it ,thank you":bouncy::bouncy: Thanx OP again!!:lol:

That's what I love to hear. No problem!

Is this a temporary or permanent price drop?

I'm thinking temporary, but I will post if it changes.

how are the TIV's at GC (generally speaking)? My closest one is about 25 minutes away so I have no frame of reference. Thanks in advance.

GENERALLY speaking, lower than average, but GS price matches any TIV and beats it by 5%.. so you couple that factor in with lower used prices than GS.. it's awesome when you find a store with competent employees.

#45 AceSXE   They Hate Logic CAGiversary!   1238 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:54 AM

no game crazys within like 100 miles of me........sad i am

#46 yuyak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:01 AM

If they hadn't totally botched the Star Destroyer scene, I'd be down to pick it up for good. It was one of the worst rentals I played last summer.

Hm.. I actually didn't mind that part that much. Yeah, it was tricky, but I wouldn't say it was botched. I actually had a harder time with the very first and very last boss fight than I did with that one. Maybe I read too many negative reviews of that section before hand that once I actually go to it, my reaction was "huh, that wasn't that bad." Anyway, I think it's a pretty fun game and well worth $15. I especially liked playing through the second time after most of the force powers were maxed out - there's just really something very satisfying about smashing down a tie fighter onto a squad or stormtroopers. If you missed it, check out this out: http://www.penny-arc...omic/2008/8/20/

#47 destro4eva   Banned Banned   1210 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

destro4eva

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:14 AM

"they hadn't totally botched the Star Destroyer scene, I'd be down to pick it up for good. It was one of the worst rentals I played last summer."

I will second this, made me actually stop playing the game, a shame cause I had a blast up until that part. Cut scenes alone are worth it,light years better than the last 3 films combined. Might be willing to go back at this price, thanks OP.

#48 RiCeBo1   NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:23 AM

Not worth playing 2nd time without trophy support...thanks tho OP

#49 io   ... Super Moderators   24653 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:23 AM

See, now this is why I don't get too excited over Gamestop B2G1 sales. My last big B2G1 haul was a bunch of recent releases and came out to about $99 total: SW Force Unleashed, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia... At the time I thought that was a great deal for 3 near-mint $60 retail games. However, while I played Force Unleashed and IU a bit, I should have held off. I could have had this for $13, IU for $10 (new to boot) from Best Buy, and Vesperia for $30 or less. That'll teach me to ever buy stuff near retail again :bomb:.

#50 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:26 AM

See, now this is why I don't get too excited over Gamestop B2G1 sales. My last big B2G1 haul was a bunch of recent releases and came out to about $99 total: SW Force Unleashed, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia... At the time I thought that was a great deal for 3 near-mint $60 retail games. However, while I played Force Unleashed and IU a bit, I should have held off. I could have had this for $13, IU for $10 (new to boot) from Best Buy, and Vesperia for $30 or less. That'll teach me to ever buy stuff near retail again :bomb:.

That's why I'm annoyed at myself for having paid $40 after taxes for COD 4, since I KNOW I'll find it cheaper and be kicking myself in the ass that I didn't wait.

But i wanted to play it, so if you want to play(and the games aren't dropping in price) you gotta pay.

Here's to hoping my local HWV has this game for $15 sitting in the case NEW for PS3 when they open up around 10-11 this morning, since the closest GC is 45 minutes to an hour's drive and I don't feel like making that trek for ONE game.

#51 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7687 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:15 PM

I got it at full price and that it was mostly worth it. I had fun with it and it has a cool story. It was a little on the shortside but I enjoyed it.

#52 breakin2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

breakin2

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

I loved this game. Very fun, IMO.

#53 Brian9824   CAG-Obsessed CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

Can anyone snag me a complete copy since I have no gamecrazy's in my state? Can send paypal.

#54 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8491 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

I went to the GC near work on my way home yesterday, after deciding to get the PS3 version. When I got there, I saw that they didn't have any on the shelf, so I grabbed the only 360 version (with the old price still stickered on it), and brought it up to the counter. I said "you don't have any of this game for PS3, do you"? "Oh, yeah, we have tons". They were in the process of restickering, so they had taken them all off the shelf. After one of the slowest check out processes ever (including my lunchtime trip to Goodwill to get 2 cds), I left with a nice and minty one. Also, one of the employees (possibly the manager, since he was helping the guy trying to ring up my sale), was trying to get a customer to sell him a copy of the game, because he didn't want to pay the $13 :-s. Thanks Scorch.

GENERALLY speaking, lower than average, but GSGC price matches any TIV and beats it by 5%.. so you couple that factor in with lower used prices than GS.. it's awesome when you find a store with competent employees.

Fixed. Also, I think they will only match + beat up to a certain threshold, but I'm not sure what it is. I doubt they'd pay more for SW:TFU than they sell it for, for example. Also, I'm pretty sure they won't match trade-in promos, which is the only way we CAGs usually trade-in, anyway.

Can anyone snag me a complete copy since I have no gamecrazy's in my state? Can send paypal.

You need to state which version you want, or if it doesn't matter to you.

#55 plutoknight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   812 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

plutoknight

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

Wow, for 12.99 its hard to NOT recommend this purchase.

It's the best Star Wars game to come out since KOTOR. Which isn't saying TOO much, but its an enjoyable action game and, should you be a star wars fan, has an excellent story.

the Star Destroyer scene wasn't THAT bad. I was expecting a cluster**** of problems, but I only had to try it twice.
The lack of polish in the end-game levels (including lack of checkpoints) does get very annoying, however.

#56 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

price is good to go for saturday. new copies on x360 and ps 3just dropped to 14.99

#57 smarkbran   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1395 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:59 PM

Sucks there are no gamecrazys near me at all..Awesome deal!

#58 cdeener   Love Those Price Drops!!! CAGiversary!   4939 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:06 PM

price is good to go for saturday. new copies on x360 and ps 3just dropped to 14.99

Great to know. I haven't bought anything from GC in a looong time so I will definately be getting this today if they have any new. It is sad the PS3 version doesn't have trophies otherwise I would have got it for that instead of 360.

I wonder if Two Worlds is still $4.99 because I might pick it up, too.

#59 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1393 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

Just picked up the last and only copy at my GC . In near mint condition , very nice ! Guy at counter was like 37 and Whoa ! its only 12.99 I love that look !

#60 klashton84   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

klashton84

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Just got back from GC. Was going to buy the used version, but the new was newly on sale for X360 and PS3 for $14.99.