Should this guy get reported to ebay??? Illegal?

[quote name='blevesque']http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtknosolutions[/quote]

i'm wondering too... if it doesn't say anywhere in the auction that these are roms, doesn't that mean he's liable to send out actual nintendo cartridges?

That seller is an ass hat.

I just reported one of the auctions. (Didn't feel like copying all of the item numbers.)

Nintendo may get on eBay's ass to take these down quick if somebody e-mails them about this.

Update: I sent an e-mail to [email protected] about this as well.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']wow. $60 for a damn cd (or two... gasp). This terd deserves to be assraped in jail.[/quote]

no no... the cd is free, the 60 dollars is just the cost of shipping!

[quote name='blevesque']http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtknosolutions[/quote]

Definitely report. Help get rid of the parasites.

[quote name='wubb']That seller is an ass hat.

I just reported one of the auctions. (Didn't feel like copying all of the item numbers.)

Nintendo may get on eBay's ass to take these down quick if somebody e-mails them about this.

Update: I sent an e-mail to [email protected] about this as well.[/quote]

Same here. Just sent the emails a second ago.

Even were what he was selling totally legal you could get him on avoiding fees. It's against eBay policy to jack up the shipping like that to avoid paying their fees since they get no % of the shipping fee.

I was just thinking it might be a good idea if Cheapy created a sticky listing where to report piracy in the auction forum.

Well, I'd like to report him to ebay. How do I do that, I check the help section on ebay and I keep going around in circles...ARRGHHH!

I'll also follow wubb and send another email to nintendo!

I'm sure the seller is all smug and confident, thinking he beat the system or something. We'll see if the heat actually comes down on him or not.

Someone should email him a question asking what size box will all the cartriges be shipped in or something like that...

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='zionoverfire']Anyone notice his $59.99 shipping charge? :rofl:[/quote]

you should read the auction[/quote]

Yes and its hilarous that the games are free but shipping is $60.

eBay's system for reporting violations is pretty crappy IMO.

Click Help at the top
Click 'Contact Us' on the left side.

Choose the proper options and click next.

It will give you some links for more info, click the E-mail link which takes you to a form to enter the item numbers that are the problem and submit.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='javeryh']Someone should email him a question asking what size box will all the cartriges be shipped in or something like that...[/quote]

If he listed his actual location I was going to e-mail him saying I have a buddy who lives in his town and ask if he would be willing to do a local pick up ;) But since he just says USA I didn't bother.

Someone should e-mail him asking for the condition of the cartridges' labels and if the manuals and boxes are included or not.

[quote name='wubb'][quote name='javeryh']Someone should email him a question asking what size box will all the cartriges be shipped in or something like that...[/quote]

If he listed his actual location I was going to e-mail him saying I have a buddy who lives in his town and he would be willing to do a local pick up ;) But since he just says USA I didn't bother.

Someone should e-mail him asking for the condition of the cartridges' labels and if the manuals and boxes are included or not.[/quote]

OK, I'll do it.... :D

Someone should e-mail him asking for the condition of the cartridges' labels and if the manuals and boxes are included or not.[/quote]

LOL, I just emailed him and asked him just that!

I just sent him this:

Hi. I am a collector of old NES games and I'm curious as to whether any of these games still come with their original boxes and instructions. Also, are all of the cartriges still in good condition - labels not peeling, no scuff marks, etc.?

Finally, is there any possibility that I can pick the games up instead of paying the shipping cost?

Thanks!!

You what I think is funny? He's got 20 of these auctions going on. That 12,360 'cartridges' he's giving away for free!!

Well put javery. I imagine he'll just ignore it. Could be good for a laugh if he tries to craft some sort of cleverly evasive answer...

He could say something like

"Sorry no boxes or manuals, but the labels are in great condition" (meaning he labeled the CDs) :lol:

I imagine Nintendo will jump on eBay to shut these down like a hobo on a ham sandwich, so hopefully they won't be up much longer.

yeah, I doubt I'll get a response but you never know. I am curious as to how he thinks this is going to sell. Wouldn't people looking for NES games kind of recognize this as a scam or at least think it is a little suspicious? When a deal is too good to be true it usually is (except around here, of course - CAG is like fantasy land when it comes to deals)...

[quote name='screwkick']Let's just suppose this is legit for a sec...it's a damn good deal then![/quote]

Good point. BTW, would you be interested in buying a bridge in Brooklyn? Priced to move my good man.

Funny on one of his feedbacks HE actually bought an old Zelda NES cartridge. He probably just needed that last one to complete one of the full sets. :p

Wow, I got a response already - and a fast one too! Here it is:

Dear javeryh,

You asked:
"Hi. I am a collector of old NES games and I'm curious as to whether any of these games still come with their original boxes and instructions. Also, are all of the cartriges still in good condition - labels not peeling, no scuff marks, etc.? Finally, is there any possibility that I can pick the games up instead of paying the shipping cost? Thanks!!"

The games all work no boxes manuals. The games are on a custom compilation cd that will work on any computer with a cd rom. The benefit to this CD is it saves alot of space... Thank you for looking at my auction. No the shipping is neccessary.

So um, yeah, it's illegal...

[quote name='javeryh']Wow, I got a response already - and a fast one too! Here it is:

Dear javeryh,

You asked:
"Hi. I am a collector of old NES games and I'm curious as to whether any of these games still come with their original boxes and instructions. Also, are all of the cartriges still in good condition - labels not peeling, no scuff marks, etc.? Finally, is there any possibility that I can pick the games up instead of paying the shipping cost? Thanks!!"

The games all work no boxes manuals. The games are on a custom compilation cd that will work on any computer with a cd rom. The benefit to this CD is it saves alot of space... Thank you for looking at my auction. No the shipping is neccessary.

So um, yeah, it's illegal...[/quote]

Didn't expect him to be so honest with his answer.

[quote name='javeryh']Wow, I got a response already - and a fast one too! Here it is:

Dear javeryh,

You asked:

So um, yeah, it's illegal...[/quote]
Good Work!! Thanks for clearing that up for a lot of people!

I got my response from him too:

Dear blevesque,

You asked:
"What are the condition of the cartridges' labels, are the manuals and boxes included or not?"

The games all work no boxes no manuals. The games are on a custom compilation cd that will work on any computer with a cd rom. The benefit to this CD is it saves alot of space... Thank you for looking at my auction.

[quote name='javeryh']
You asked:

[/quote]

Ah, now I understand...

My cousin picked up somthing very similar in Thailand. What your getting are Asian cartridges containing donzens of games. Note that these games do not have internal battery saves, and these cartridges are pirated (making them illegal).

[quote name='oddjob93']My cousin picked up somthing very similar in Thailand. What your getting are Asian cartridges containing donzens of games. Note that these games do not have internal battery saves, and these cartridges are pirated (making them illegal).[/quote]

Did you ignore the previous posts or just not read them? The seller replied to emails stating they were on a "compilation cd". Its ROMS, its illegal.

I reported all 20 auctions for both illegal copies of video games, as well as excessive shipping charges to avoid eBay fees.

I also forwarded both my emails to eBay, plus javeryh's email response (minus his name) to the auctionpiracy email address at Nintendo.

I hate people that screw Ebay over on the let's sell it for next to nothing but have gigantic shipping costs. But this guy is obviously ripping just about everyone off.

I just got this email from him. Take notice of the "(Our Lawyer made us do this!)" part.

[quote name='Nintendo eBay Pirate']Hi my auction had gotten taken down, but the auction was for 618 nintendo games on a compilation cd rom that will play in any pc. The games are FREE, the shipping is 25 dollars.

If you are wondering why the shipping is soo much it is because the games are free, and i spent over 60 hours putting this together. They all work, every game. If you are intrested my email is [email protected] Thanks Please remember I am not selling the games, if you live in southern florida feel free to email me and we can arrange for you to come pick them up for FREE!

This is not a scam or scheme, the games are free.... If you don't want to pay the shipping charge then i am sorry but you will have to find other resources to get this cd.

For those of you that will pay 25 dollars for shipping.....This will be mailed first class, thru the united states postal service, registered return reciept mail.

(Our Lawyer made us do this!)

TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Compilation Copyrights. Compilation copyrights are a special breed of copyrightable work. They are defined by the Copyright Act as a work that is formed by the "collection and assembling of preexisting materials or of data that are selected in such a way that resulting work as a whole constitutes an original work of authorship." An example of a compilation would be a collection of the most influential plays of the Eighteenth century. The plays themselves would not be subject to copyright protection. However, the selection of the plays, as well as their order, involve enough original, creative expression to be protected by copyright. Therefore, the grouping of plays is protected by copyright, but not each individual play.
This CD is Copyright (c) 2003-2004 ISPA. This CD is protected under international and U.S. Copyright Laws. THIS CD MAY NOT BE COPIED, REPRODUCED OR REDISTRIBUTED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PERMISSION OF ISPA.
For more information on copyright and trademark please visit the following sites:
Official U.S. Government Copyright Office > http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/
Official U.S. Trademark and Patent Office > http://www.uspto.gov/
What is Copyright? > http://www.whatiscopyright.org/
All software on this CD is either copyrighted ISPA and / or distributed under the legal guidelines of shareware and freeware. Images not copyrighted by ISPA are freely distributable and are believed to be public domain. [/quote]

He actually just today (Friday) responded to my question from when the auction was up.

You asked:
"Are these the actual cartridges or ROMs. If they are ROMs I suggest you mention that, some people try to exploit that."

Roms with an emulation unit on a cd with instructions that auto starts when entered into your cd rom drive. If people want to know they can ask me like you did. By the way i have over 60 hrs into making the first cd... The cd is free but the shipping is what it is to cover my time i put into getting all of the roms and putting a auto start cd package together. Thanks for viewing my auction..

bread's done
Back