Puzzle Quest Galactrix DS $19.99 @ Amazon (Universal?)

This game is horrible btw. Don't buy it just because it has "puzzle quest" in the title. The original PQ is a 9, this "sequel" is a 4.

I'm thinking skip this one and possibly try out Puzzle Kingdoms (also $19.99 MSRP) instead.

I didn't like this one as much as the original. That stupid hacking minigame that they make you play over and over again haunts my dreams.:roll:

[quote name='JCDenton']This game is horrible btw. Don't buy it just because it has "puzzle quest" in the title. The original PQ is a 9, this "sequel" is a 4.[/QUOTE]

It's not THAT bad. It WAS ridiculously easy though, especially if you equip your ships with the right tech. Anyway, it's definitely worth 20 bones!

[quote name='Kerig']I'm thinking skip this one and possibly try out Puzzle Kingdoms (also $19.99 MSRP) instead.[/QUOTE]

picked up puzzle kingdoms recently and have to say its quite addicting. you'll get your moneys worth with this one.

[quote name='keithp']It's not THAT bad. It WAS ridiculously easy though, especially if you equip your ships with the right tech. Anyway, it's definitely worth 20 bones![/QUOTE]

No, it's not even worth playing if you get it free because your time has value. I actually overrated it earlier because I forgot just how bad it was since a few months have passed.

Here's my review:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/review/R132438.html

[quote name='keithp']It's not THAT bad. It WAS ridiculously easy though, especially if you equip your ships with the right tech. Anyway, it's definitely worth 20 bones![/QUOTE] Yeah, it's rocking a 76% average on Game Rankings & Metacritic. That's just below the 81% the original one on DS got. Can't be too bad.

[quote name='JCDenton']No, it's not even worth playing if you get it free because your time has value. I actually overrated it earlier because I forgot just how bad it was since a few months have passed.

Here's my review:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/review/R132438.html[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. I read your review, and while I don't entirely disagree with it, to say it's not worth playing at all and it's a P.O.S. is just unfair. I had zero crashes during the time I played, unlike you. Also I did not use Bola Mines at all, although I found a strategy that wasn't quite as easy but still made the battles lopsided in my favor...usually. Third, your review states that hacking leapgates depended entirely on luck. Not so. You had to match clocks on the harder gates to gain some extra time, and if you didn't have the skill to see which way the gems were going to clear and get those clocks to line up in time, well, then you just didn't have the skill for it. Don't blame it on luck.

Now, the story WAS pretty forgettable (as was the first one), money was never a problem for me after getting the ship I wanted, and the level cap of 50 was ridiculous, but I still maintain it was worth $20.

To me anyway.

bread's done
Back