The Official CAG June pick ups thread!!! School's out for summer edition!

Pck21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Post your June pick ups here! Congrats to all graduates! :applause:

:360: Prototype ($48.99 @ Amazon new/sealed)
:360: Ninja Blade ($19.99 @ TRU new/sealed)
:360: Red Faction: Guerrilla ($46.xx @ Amazon new/sealed)
:360: Ghostbusters ($53.99 @ Amazon new/sealed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently he likes to be the OP of the "Pickup" threads, so he's been creating them before the new month hits for a couple months now.

Unless I suddenly find a used copy of Steel Battalion with controller for really cheap, I don't see myself grabbing ANYTHING this month. Hell, I don't see myself grabbing anything now until either I Am Alive or God Of War 3 comes out, unless Gamestop starts clearing out the Xbox system stuff soon.

[quote name='Furashu']ure living in the future![/QUOTE]

Jealous? ;)

[quote name='mguiddy']Apparently he likes to be the OP of the "Pickup" threads, so he's been creating them before the new month hits for a couple months now.[/QUOTE]

Well I felt like I needed to make them because the last person didn't do it for like a week. :D

[quote name='Pck21']

Well I felt like I needed to make them because the last person didn't do it for like a week. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember.
It would be well into the new month with people still posting in the old thread saying "Where's the new thread?":lol:

I bought so much last month i actually gave up trying to post it in mays thread, hopefull this month will be alot less ALOT less.....

Don't normally post in these threads but I'm going to try snagging some cheap stuff off craigslist this month.

So far:

Fat PS2; Console only - $10

Picked up some stuff in the wee hours of the morning while at walmart buying shipping materials.

:ps2:World Heroes Anthology - $10
Month of Gamefly - $5

I didn't really even want the month of Gamefly. Maybe I'll give it away here if anyone wants it.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']:ps2:

Megaman Anniversary Collection - $9.99
Dragon Quest VIII w/FF XII demo disc - $9.99[/QUOTE]

did u buy MM AC from a store? im trying to look for that to play it =/

edit nvm thats the other version...

Tekken Tag Tournament - $7
Metal Gear Solid 2 - $5
Hot Shots Tennis - $10 (New/Sealed)

Used to have copies of MGS and Tekken Tag, decided I wanted to pick them up again. Found HST at FYE, glad I picked it up at that price especially brand new considering I was debating picking it up at EB used for $5 more.

anyone have any thoughts on the new psp? im thinking bout trading my old one in for some credit and getting prototype and sacred 2.

Got myself a little birthday present and hit the Gamestop buy 2 get 1 sale. Snagged:

Resident Evil 4 :wii:
Manhunt 2 :wii:
Blastworks :wii:

I actually set up Gecko on the Homebrew channel to play Manhunt 2 uncensored, and boy was it worth it. I tried it without for a few minutes just to see the difference, and I can't imagine how anyone played it that way. That filter is a mess, and it's a shame that's how most people will experience the game.

Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast, complete) $5
Capcom vs. SNK2 (PS2, complete) $10
Ephemeral Fantasia (missing manual) $5
Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday (nes, sealed) $7
PS2 console with controller/hookups/memory card - Free
La Pucelle Tactics $9.99
Xenosaga Episode 2, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts $15
Shadow Hearts $25
PSP Sim with 3 games and a bunch of accessories $115
God of War $19.99
Dead Space $29.99
Patapon 2 - Free (Target's Buy two get one free sale)
Patapon $4.97
Iron Man (PS3) $5
Shadowrun $1.97
The Orange Box (PS3) $19.99
Mirrors Edge (PS3) $12
Singstar bundle $10.97
Fallout 3 (PS3) traded for
Logitech PlayGear Pocket for PSP slim $16

Spending total $306
Selling total $200

I got back to fye today as my dad ordered an Axe CD. I was thumbing through some stuff I looked over like Friday or Saturday and got into the new GBA games again that were 50% off. Final Fight One, which tempted me despite being marked $24.75 was lowered to $9.99 so I snatched it up for $5.29 after tax.

It looks like it's only $10-ish with shipping on ebay, but I'm definitely pleased. Now if I can find River City Ransom EX on the cheap, I'll be ecstatic.

Hope I keep the spending down this month but I probably won't

6/1
$5- :ps3: Enchanted Arms- complete (craigslist)

6/4
$15- :gc: Resident Evil Zero- complete, :gc: Starfox adventures- no manual, :gc: Enter the Matrix- complete, and :gc: Timesplitters 2- complete (craigslist)

6/5
$7.99- :ps2: Monster Rancher 4- complete (Game Crazy)
$100- :360: Resident Evil 5- complete, :360: Rainbow Six Vegas 2- complete, :360: Fable II- complete, :360: Fallout 3- complete, :360: Bioshock- complete, :360: Halo 3- case is a DVD case but it has the insert and instructions, :360: Gears of War 2 Limited Edition- complete in sleeve, :360: Rainbow 6 Vegas- complete, :xbox: Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition- complete in sleeve, :360: Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare- no instructions, :ps2: Max Payne- complete, :360: Gear of Wars- complete, :360: Halo Wars- complete (craigslist)

6/6
$19.99- :wii: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess- complete (pawn shop)
$71.81- all new and sealed, 2 x :ps3: BUZZ! Quiz TV, :ps3: Civilization Revolution, :360: Viva Pinata Party Animals, :360: Call of Duty 3, 2 x :ps2: Singstar Amped, :360: Civilization Revolution (Sears)
$87.38- all new and sealed :ps3: BUZZ! Quiz TV, :ps3: Singstar Vol. 2 bundle, :ps2: Singstar pop bundle, :ps2: Singstar rocks bundle, :ps2: Singstar 80s budle, :ps2: Singstar 90s bundle, :ps3: Singstar Bundle, :ps2: Singstar Country bundle, :ps2: Singstar Amped, 2 x :ps3: singstar Vol. 2, :ps2: Singstar Pop(Toys R Us)
16.34- all new and sealed 2 X :ps3: Singstar Vol. 2 bundle(Toys R Us)

6/9
$98- :360: Prince of Persia x 6 (Target)

6/10
$17.99- :360: Lego Batman- complete (Gamestop)

6/12
$25- :ps2: ICO- complete and amazing! and :gc: Chibi-Robo- complete (craigslist)
$30- :ps3: Cross Edge- complete (craigslist)

6/13
$54.58- :ps2: Shadow of the Colossus- complete, :ps2: Final Fantasy XII, :ps2: Resident Evil Outbreak- complete, :ps2: Resident Evil Code:Veronica X- complete, :gc: Metroid Prime- complete, :360: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare- complete, :360: Army of Two- complete (pawn shop)
$16.38- :ps2: Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1- complete, :xbox: Fable- no manual, :ps2: Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories- no manual, :xbox: Sonic Mega Collection Plus- complete (pawn shop)

6/16
$20- :ps2: fat console w/contoller and network adapter, mod chip, doesn't play ps1 games (craigslist)
$40- :gc: concole with chords. 2 wavebirds, :gc: Mario Kart Double Dash- complete, :gc: Star Wars Rebel Strike: Rogue Squadron III- complete, :gc: Super Smash Bros. Melee- complete, black memory card (craigslist)
$34.64- :ps3: Buzz Quiz TV x2- new and sealed, :360: Shadowrun- new and sealed (Sears)
$31.86- :ps3: Lost planet- new and sealed, :360: Stoked- new and sealed (Toys R Us)
$24.57- :360: Guitar Hero III x3- new and sealed (Target)

6/17
$120- :ps2: silver slim ps2 w/black memory card, one black analog contoller, one Interact Fight stick
Final Fantasy 7 (Playstation 1)
Beyond Good and Evil
Dark Cloud 2
Final Fantasy 10
God of War
God of War 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Ico
Killer 7
Kingdom Hearts 2
Manhunt
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Okami
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Psychonauts
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of the Colossus
Silent Hill 2
Viewtiful Joe
(craigslist)

6/20
$98.96- :ps2: Dot.hack GU- complete, :ps2: Dot.hack Part 2 Mutation- complete, :360: Spectral Force 3- complete, :360: Call of Duty: World at War- complete, :ps3: Disgaea 3 (x2)- complete (Gamestop)
$73.89- :ps3: Disgaea 3- complete, :ps2: Futurama: The Game- complete, :wii: Monopoly- complete (Gamestop)
$93.04- :ps2: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus- complete w/soundtrack, :ps2: Dot.hack GU vol 2- complete, :pS2: Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis Premium Box- No artbook, :ps2: Devil Summoner 2 LE- new and sealed (Gamestop)
$68.96- :ps3: Disgaea 3- complete, :360: Legends of Wrestlemaina- complete, :360: Warriors Orochi 2- complete (Gamestop)
$10.82- :360: Gears of War 2- complete (pawn shop)
$19.12- :wii: No More Heroes- new and sealed (Next Level Games)

6/25
$25- 2 :gc: Wavebird Contollers (craigslist)
$13.60- :360: Smackdown v Raw 2009 (Target)

Got some pretty neat deals today.
:ps2: Devil May Cry 3 $8
:gc: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes $4.99
n64 Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask $4.99

DMC was kind of a rip off, but the other two made up for it in spades.

I planned on laying low this month, after having a very large video game bill in May
But then I walked into the Game Crazy I work at and noticed our transfer, and I lost it.

Tales of the Abyss=$18
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1=$18
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2=$31.49
ALL BRAND NEW AND STILL SEALED!
Also had some gems like Shadow of the Colossus sealed, but I had that game and will pick it back up another time. I still plan on updating my 20GB hdd on my PS3 this month to a 320gb.
Add all this on to the download of Final Fantasy 7, and I've got a long month of RPG's ahead of me.

Pics of what I got so far this month
DSCI0039.jpg
DSCI0037.jpg
DSCI0036.jpg
Today's haul

Hulk Strategy guide: free from Best Buy
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon $1 from Meijer

Goodwill hauls:
Master Shake plush: 95 cents
DBZ Movie 10 fansub: $1
Nerf Gun: 50 cents
:pc: Activision Anthology (sealed) $2.92
Star Wars VideoNow $1.91
Genesis NBA Jam T.E. 50 cents
SNES Street Fighter Alpha 2 $4.99

[quote name='hiamiyumi']25 posts and still do not have a single picture.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't have a cam, but if I did I'd have more important stuff to wanna snap pics of than the meager 'hauls' I get around here.
[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Pics of what I got so far this month
DSCI0039.jpg
DSCI0037.jpg
DSCI0036.jpg
Today's haul

Hulk Strategy guide: free from Best Buy
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon $1 from Meijer

Goodwill hauls:
Master Shake plush: 95 cents
DBZ Movie 10 fansub: $1
Nerf Gun: 50 cents
:pc: Activision Anthology (sealed) $2.92
Star Wars VideoNow $1.91
Genesis NBA Jam T.E. 50 cents
SNES Street Fighter Alpha 2 $4.99[/QUOTE]

Damn. If I'm not mistaken, that Hulk guide is for the OLDER movie game and not even the current one. That thing must've been BURIED in the back room of that Best Buy pretty deep.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I actually don't have a cam, but if I did I'd have more important stuff to wanna snap pics of than the meager 'hauls' I get around here.
[/QUOTE]
*Just finishes reading the GTAIV thread*
Oh dear god...
cpfpyd2.gif

While only tangentially related to games, this was a sweet pickup. I'd been shopping for an external hard drive to back up programs, savegames, etc. Staples had a Seagate 1 TB drive on sale. Original price was $149.99, and there were a pair of instant rebates totaling $50. On top of that, one of my co-workers gave me a Staples Business coupon good for $25 off $75, and it stacked on this purchase. With tax and free shipping, total cost out the door was a few cents less than $80. Not bad if I do say so myself. :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Damn. If I'm not mistaken, that Hulk guide is for the OLDER movie game and not even the current one. That thing must've been BURIED in the back room of that Best Buy pretty deep.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I was as surprised as you are.

[quote name='saturnotaku']While only tangentially related to games, this was a sweet pickup. I'd been shopping for an external hard drive to back up programs, savegames, etc. Staples had a Seagate 1 TB drive on sale. Original price was $149.99, and there were a pair of instant rebates totaling $50. On top of that, one of my co-workers gave me a Staples Business coupon good for $25 off $75, and it stacked on this purchase. With tax and free shipping, total cost out the door was a few cents less than $80. Not bad if I do say so myself. :D[/QUOTE]

Nice score :applause:. I just picked one up an extrnal hard drive for about $105 and I thought i got a pretty decent deal.

[quote name='Saintevil']Nice score :applause:. I just picked one up an extrnal hard drive for about $105 and I thought i got a pretty decent deal.[/QUOTE]

If you got a 1 TB drive, $105 isn't bad. The best part about the Seagate deal was no mail-in rebate hassle. It's nice having a secondary backup outside my desktop machine for my programs and Steam apps.

I picked up Megaman X collection (PS2) on my way to FYE today. I was checking out what they had on clearance and I spotted Suidoken V but it was still full price. Everything was picked clean and all but 1 RPG was still full price.

Romancing Saga - $7.99
Megaman X collection - $19.99

(PS2)

all sealed for 360

All Pro Football 2k8 - $5
Arcade Hits disc 1 - $10
Spider-Man 3 - $5

Went to this city 45 minutes away to meet with this guy for that CIB NES I was trying to get. Said he had to go to the mall today. So I go to the mall, and it turns out he was a fucking dick head, didn't end up going to the mall and fucked me over. Claims he "never got my texts". Starts saying shit to me like "Next time tell someone to go to point a at time b, get yourself a car, and a new phone if your texts aren't going to work. Hopefully this will teach you how to communicate." Excuse me? I'm sitting here at the mall waiting for your bitch ass, and you're clearly responding to my texts. Oh well, fuck that guy. Got those games on sale at FYE though, so it wasn't a complete waste. I think I'm done with craigslist for a while though.

I was dissapointed with the FYE clearance because all the xbox games were 75% off and as I flip through them I see nothing but madden and NBA live ugh.....I saw raiden III used (ps2) for $9.99 and went to another part of the store to look around and when I came back it was gone.

Picked up that copy of Ghosts n' Goblins that I hid the other day at goodwill. I got ps2 Space Channel 5 and Grandia 2 at gamestop for $4.49 and $11.69 after discounts. I might take Grandia back, though, because it doesn't have the manual, and the disc and case are kind of chocolatey.

Picked up Rise of the Kasai at Game Crazy for $4 when I went in to renew my MVP membership.

I got another copy of No More Heroes because my last one was traded away. Kmart, $19.99.

I went to this little mom and pop game shop on my way to school and got a couple guides. Timesplitters, Dynasty Warriors 2, and Dino Crisis 2, $1.99 each. I wish I would have asked if all the guides were 1.99, cause they had a lot. Dino Crisis 2 is pretty beat up, and still has the sticker from when GameStop used to take back used guides, but the other two are in pretty good condition.

Non game related, I got:
:dvd: Twister - $5 at Target
:dvd: Radio Flyer - $4 at Kroger
Bongwater by Michael Hornburg - $1.01 at goodwill

Slow month so far, got the following guides

Tom Clancy Endwar
Afro Samurai
GTA Lost and the Damned
3 X Super Mario Galaxy
Madworld
Gears 2

Well, Hopefully I will pick up as much this month as I did last month, but sadly the ATF shut down the local pawnshop last weekend so that will kill some good deals.

so far this month

$15 - COD 4(360) - GOW(360) - C&C3:KW(360)

I got in Demon's Souls:ps3: yesterday afternoon and I played an hour or so of the tutorial last night. It's a fun game, though what is with action/action RPG games not having a JUMP button anymore?

I'm wondering if I should've waited until it's released in the US this fall by Atlus, since the manual is all in Chinese(but the voiceovers, menus and subtitles are all in English), though there is a 'cheat sheet' in with the game that details all of the game controls in English.

Fun game thus far though, even though I didn't get all the way through the tutorial yet.

EDIT: I also picked up the following(from Sears):

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Condemned 2
Folklore
Civ Rev

Also picked up the following from FYE:

Warhawk bundle(with unused headset)

all for PS2

Red Faction - $4
The Getaway - $4
Zone of the Enders - $5

Sega Genesis

NHL Hockey - $1
Mutant Leauge Hockey - $5

Red Faction is awesome. Picked up the genesis games at play-n-trade, didn't even know I had one of those within an 80 mile radius of me. Talk about a blast from the past. Almost picked up a CIB dreamcast for 50 bucks but I decided against it.

[quote name='Saintevil']Hope I keep the spending down this month but I probably won't

6/9
$98- :360: Prince of Persia x 6 (Target)[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's a lot of copies of PoP.

Wii system
Zelda: TP
House of the Dead 2&3 Return

All for the low low price of free. Sister's boyfriend didn't want them anymore. I've got no problem with taking a free Wii.

bread's done
Back