Nintendo E3 2009 - Mario times 2! NSMB2, SMG2, Metroid OM, Golden Sun DS, and more!

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
Nintendo Press Conference - Tuesday, June 2nd, 9AM PDT (6am HST, 8am AKDT, 10am MDT, 11am CDT, 12PM EDT) World Clock

[size=+2]So what was revealed??[/size] (at Nintendo's conference and booth)
Before I start, I suggest checking out Nintendo's Press site (Username: golin Password: harris) for trailers, release lists, and artwork.
Alternatively, you could check out post #529 for Youtube'd versions of the trailers available on the Press site.

The Big Four
- Two of the "Big Four" announcements at the press conference were two very different Mario sequels. The first one shown was New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which, like the original NSMB, is a traditional Mario side-scroller with a few twists. Most notable about it is the new simultaneous two-to-four-player mode, in which players (As Mario, Luigi, and/or two Toads) are free to decide whether they want to work together, or compete for the highest score. Flying returns in the form of the Propeller Suit, the Penguin Suit allows Mario to freeze enemies with snowballs to use as platforms, and Yoshi is back as the players' faithful steed. Also, the Koopa Kids are apparently back. 80 levels in all (10 per world), no online play. Holiday 2009

- Super Mario Galaxy 2, the second of the Mario announcements, is the sequel to the critically-acclaimed original. Mario returns to space, with new galaxies to conquer, new power-ups and tools, and Yoshi, who once again serves as the faithful steed of Mario and Luigi. Miyamoto estimates that it will be "90-95%" new content, with the same amount of content as the original. 2010

- The third major announcement was a new Metroid game developed by Team Ninja, Metroid: Other M. The plotline seems to be a prequel to the rest of the Metroid series Metroid Fusion (Confirmed later to take place between Super Metroid and Fusion), when a young Samus still had Adam Malkovich as her commanding officer. The overall gameplay is a bit hard to peg down, as the video showed some side-scrolling gameplay, some Ninja Gaiden-style 3D arena brawling, and even some First-Person parts. We'll just call it Action for now. 2010

- The final major announcement was a sequel to Camelot's popular GBA RPG series, Golden Sun DS. The trailer is short, but it shows 3D graphics and some large summon attacks. 2010

Other Games at the Booth/conference
Wii
- Nintendo announced the final games list of Wii Sports Resort, making the sport list 12 in all: Frisbee Toss, Jet Skis, Swordplay, Golf, Bowling, Table Tennis, Basketball, Archery, Canoeing, Wakeboarding, Cycling, and Flying . At the beginning of Wii Sports Resort, your Miis will skydive to Wuhu Island, allowing you to get used to the MotionPlus. Miyamoto confirmed that it will have a "Stamp" system, with stamps serving as little trophies that highlight your achievements.
- Wii Fit Plus was officially announced. It will have more Yoga positions, along with a few new minigames, like a platformer and some sort of Birdman/Skydiving minigame. It also adds the ability to weigh your pets.
- Iwata announced the "Wii Vitality Sensor," a Wiimote peripheral that attaches to your finger. It tracks your pulse, "along with other internal signals." Nothing more was said about it.
- They also went over some third-party titles in the presser: Dead Space Extraction, FFCC: The Crystal Bearers, and Resident Evil The DarkSide Chronicles.

- Treasure's long-awaited shooter sequel, Sin and Punishment 2, was playable at Nintendo's booth. It is set for Q1 2010.
- Endless Ocean 2 was also at the show. This one seems to be a much more well-rounded playing experience, with a more focused but still largely optional storyline, more environments to swim around in (Artic, Alligator/Crocodile-infested River, Ruins, etc.), aggressive predators (Sharks, Alligators/Crocodiles), and the ability to help out sick fish. Online play is back, with Wii Speak support. Q1 2010
- Also at the press site: Monado: Beginning of the World (RPG from Monolith), Line Attack Heroes, Span Smasher (WM+ supported)
- Wii Third-Party Notables at the show: Little King's Story, Fragile: Farewell to the Moon, Ju-On: The Grudge (XSEED), Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Ignition Entertainment), Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Konami), Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Capcom), The Grinder, Gladiator A.D. (High Voltage), Shiren The Wanderer, Trauma Team (Atlus)

DS/DSi
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! was announced for DSiWare. Using the Mini-Mario-style gameplay from MvDK2, the level creator, along with the online sharing of the levels, has more of a focus this time around. June 8th, 2009
- Also announced for DSiWare was the US version of the animation creator Moving Memo Pad, now called Flipnote Studio. Summer 2009

- Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is playable at the show floor, so there should be some hands-on impressions and gameplay videos at the usual places. A trailer is at the Press site, showing some of the new tools at Link's disposal. He can control Phantoms to solve puzzles or serve as decoys, use a tornado-producing fan, and he can even use a whip to attack enemies or swing across chasms. Holiday 2009

- The English-language version of Mario & Luigi RPG 3 was shown, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Fall 2009
- Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (Layton 2) was on the Press site with an English-language trailer. August 24th, 2009
- Nintendo also announced on their Press site that they're bringing over the latest DS iteration of a long-running Greek-themed RPG series, The Glory of Heracles. 2010
- Warioware D.I.Y. (Made in Ore) was announced for the US/EU, though no release date has been given. In this iteration, you can create your own Microgames, upload them online, and download microgames that other folks have created.
- Picross 3D was announced on the Press Site. Already released in Japan, this puzzler gives you a cube, and you have to chip away the unneeded blocks to find the mystery 3D figure. This also has a create-and-share mechanic that allows you to create your own 3D Picross puzzles, share them online, and download puzzles that others have made.

- Other DS titles mentioned on the press site: Style Savvy, Fossil Fighters, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
- Some third-party mentions: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, C.O.P. The Rookie (From Ubi Soft, we think this is the mystery game that IGN compared to GTA in a tweet)
- DS Third-Party Notables at the show: Scribblenauts (5th Cell; IGN Game of the Show), Nostalgia (Ignition Entertainment), Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor (Atlus)

[size=+1]Miyamoto Roundtable/Interviews - Status of Zelda Wii and Pikmin 3![/size]
- Miyamoto confirmed that Nintendo is working on a new Zelda for the Wii, though he said that he does not plan to announce it until next year. He said that he's interested in using Wii MotionPlus in the game, possibly even making it WM+-exclusive, with the Archery and Swordfighting segments of WSR serving as his inspirations. He showed an illustration for Zelda that was later placed on Nintendo's Press site.
Wii_Zelda_e3.jpg

- In an interview with Kotaku, Miyamoto confirmed that Pikmin 3 is still in the works. However, due to the number of projects that Nintendo has, the development team for it is currently small, so it's moving along a little slowly right now.

Pertinent Information:
- There should be live videos of the press conferences from all of the major sites:
IGN's E3 Site

E3Insider/GameTrailers
* Strangely enough, it was the exact opposite for the UbiSoft conference. GameSpot's feed was choppy, and GameTrailer's feed was high-quality and silky smooth. My verdict for GameTrailers: When it works, it works beautifully.

GameSpot's E3 site
* Gamespot had poor video quality and so-so sound volume, but it's a reliable live feed at times.

G4tv (Online and TV)
* I watched the TV feed for the Microsoft presser, and as promised, it was commercial-free. May be a good choice if you catch G4. Haven't tried the online feed.

Last year, I went with IGN's live feed for the conferences, since it had a good video quality, but I'm sure that the other big sites will have something similar for this year.

Other press conferences that may be of interest:
- EA - 2:00pm PDT, Monday, June 1 FIN
* Nothing substantially new was announced, EA Active is getting an expansion pack, and Dead Space Extraction & Spore were no-shows,

- Ubi Soft - 5:00pm PDT, June 1 FIN
* Ubi Soft had playable demos of Red Steel 2 (IGN has preview and full videoes) and Rabbids Go Home at the show. Red Steel 2 will be bundled with WM+. They announced Your Shape, a fitness game that uses a motion-sensing/scanning camera, and Academy of Champions, a Soccer-meets-Hogwarts game featuring soccer player Pele. Loooong speech from James Cameron about his upcoming movie Avatar. Q? Entertainment is working on the mysterious "Project Eden." Ubi Soft confirmed that they will be publishing No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle.

- Square-Enix - 11:00am PDT, Wednesday, June 3
- Konami - 3:00pm PDT, June 3

-----------------------------------
Well, it's that time of the year again. Nintendo's conference is set to be the first Tuesday conference, a day after Microsoft's conference, and two hours before Sony's 11AM conference. So, I went through some past events, rumors, and articles to get an idea of potential game appearances, collected in the spoiler tree below.

From the Isle of Past Shows:
- Wii Sports Resort & Wii MotionPlus - For the former, we only know about 5 out of the 8 sports, and expect the rest to be revealed at the show. For the latter, there should be some playable games at the show, seeing as how some of them are releasing within the next few weeks.
- Pikmin 3 was announced by Miyamoto at last year's E3, though no information about it was given out.
- Miyamoto also mentioned that the team behind New Super Mario Bros. was working on something.
- Sin & Punishment 2, revealed at the Fall conference. There were also a bunch of other games that were in trailer "slideshows" at the Fall conference. NDS, Wii
- Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks should make an appearance, seeing as how it was only a short teaser trailer at GDC.
- DSi stuff: If they wanted to announce some of those Hybrid and DSi-exclusive cartridges, this would be the place.

From the "It came from Japan" File:
- Mario & Luigi RPG 3, released only a few weeks ago in Japan. Considering how popular Mario's RPGs tend to be, a US release seems inevitable.
- On that note, Professor Layton 2 was announced at GDC, seems like it would be likely candidate for an appearance, given the resurgence of sales for the first one.
- Capcom will be bringing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars and Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth to the show, along with their upcoming titles Resident Evil: DarkSide Chronicles and the beat-em-up Spyborgs.
- XSEED has quite a strong localization line-up heading into E3 (Little King's Story is a title to watch out for):
[hiddenlist]
* Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP)
* Half-Minute Hero (PSP)
* Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii)
* Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
* Flower, Sun and Rain (DS)
* JU-ON: The Grudge (Wii)
* Little King's Story (Wii)
* Ragnarok Online (DS)
* Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga (Wii)[/hiddenlist]
- Ignition Entertainment will show off Vanillaware's side-scroller Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and the Skies of Arcadia-esque DS RPG Nostalgia.
- Atlus has confirmed that they will be have Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor and Trauma Team at the show. However, they recently hinted that there will be some surprises at the show.
- Square-Enix will be showing off the recently released Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for the DS. Their main Nintendo attraction looks to be the new Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. It's unknown whether Dragon Quest VI/IX/Wars will be making an appearance.
- Still no official word about the Sega-published RPGs The 7th Dragon and Infinite Space, though Sega is confirmed to be bringing Sands of Destruction. Platinum Games lists IS on their English web site, so it seems like it will inevitably leave Japan, we just don't know who will be publishing it in the other regions.
- Also, there's been no official US word on Cing's Another Code R/Trace Memory 2, which is set for release in Europe.
- Two more Nintendo games, both already in Japan, that seem likely: Warioware Myself (Made in Ore; Create and upload your own microgames), Rittai Picross (3D Picross)

From the Rumor Aisle (Off-hand comments, teasers):
- "Another Side Story... From the Space Pirates' perspective" - A few months back, a teaser image appeared at the Japanese NPC Metroid Prime site. Now, three months later, the image is still there with a "coming soon" tag. It's one of those "could be something, could be nothing" situations.
- Wii Fit Plus is practically confirmed, what with all the registrations Nintendo has made. A Nikkei report also mentioned that a new Mario game would be coming in the second half of the year, though no details were given.
- An English-language trademark for the long-running Greek-themed RPG series The Glory of Heracles was registered. If something was to be announced, it would probably be the fairly recent DS version.
- An entry for Project Aces' (Developers of the Ace Combat series) Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces appeared on some Australian stores, with Atari listed as publisher. May turn out to just be an error.
- In a recent interview, Sean Brennan of Bethesda Europe said that Bethesda will be announcing a "really big Wii game" this year. He didn't say when the announcement would come, so it may be announced later on, probably during the Fall.
- Just a wild baseless guess on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Level-5's Ninokuni: Another World eventually make an appearance in the US. With Studio Ghibli doing the FMVs, this title, like Professor Layton, seems too big to stay in Japan.

From the Pearce Collection (Misc. stuff: Games that were recently announced/updated, announced for some time, etc.):
- Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, though they may hold off on talking about these until later, if March turns out to be the US/EU release date.
- Majesco has two platformers in the pipeline. The first is Wayforward's (Shantae, Contra 4) 2D remake of A Boy and His Blob, and the second is the recently revealed Flip's Twisted Adventure, a 3D platformer that involves a world twisting mechanic, sort of like Crush.
- Ubisoft will have the WM+ title Red Steel 2 at the show, it's set for a Holiday release, so it may be playable. Apparently, they plan to announce that they will be publishing No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. They also have the action title Rabbids Go Home planned, along with the brawler TMNT: Smash-Up!
- High Voltage will also be at the show with their soon-to-be-released FPS The Conduit. They also recently announced two more Wii titles, the WM+ fighter Gladiator A.D. and the online co-op FPS The Grinder.
- Konami will likely have a demo of the remake Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, which has generated some positive recent previews.
- Renegade Kid/SouthPeak Interactive revealed the sequel to their DS horror title, Dementium II. The original Dementium: The Ward was praised for its scary atmosphere, and looking at the reaction to the sequel's trailer, they say it's just as creepy as ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year I tried to watch G4tv's online coverage. It was completely unwatchable. The video feeds were too laggy to follow at all. IGN's was pretty good tho' so I will be going back to them again.

I am having a hard time getting into it this year, after that huge letdown last year. Hoping Big N has a good showing.

Hoping Bethesda announces their Wii game at E3.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']hmm anyone know of a place to catch the info that wouldnt be blocked by work because they have "gaming" websites blocked.[/QUOTE]

There tends to be independent users who start up channels on the Live Streaming websites. They probably won't appear until the conference days, and their quality may vary. Here are the streaming sites that I know about:
http://www.ustream.tv/ (1up usually puts their live feeds on this service)
http://www.justin.tv/
http://www.stickam.com/

I'll probably be watching it on G4, much as I loathe the 24-Hr Cops Channel my beloved TechTV has become. Although I do have a PC hooked up to my TV now, so anything with a good fullscreen feed would work.

Personally, I should be easy to please as I'm not expecting much. Pikmin Trilogy and some other AAA title before the holidays and I'm pretty much set.

[quote name='gaxur']I'll probably be watching it on G4, much as I loathe the 24-Hr Cops Channel my beloved TechTV has become. Although I do have a PC hooked up to my TV now, so anything with a good fullscreen feed would work.

Personally, I should be easy to please as I'm not expecting much. Pikmin Trilogy and some other AAA title before the holidays and I'm pretty much set.[/QUOTE]

Correction! I think you mean 24-Hr Cops/Cheaters Channel.

[quote name='Cao Cao']- Mario & Luigi RPG 3, released only a few weeks ago in Japan. Considering how popular Mario's RPGs tend to be, a US release seems inevitable.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they already announced it for US release back in the Fall.

Damn, Cao Cao beat me to the punch in making this thread.

Humm....about 27 hours to go. I can wait until then.

Wish we could keep all the fanboys out of here that are going to inevitably show up just to flame.

[quote name='Strell']
Wish we could keep all the fanboys out of here that are going to inevitably show up just to flame.[/QUOTE]

psh, you are just jealous because you don't get generic brown and gray shooter after generic brown and gray shooter.

I never understood why someone would troll rather than go about enjoying their "superior" games.

I forget what stream I watched last year - I think it was Gamespot - but it worked pretty well for me.

I do admit, it will be nice to keep the haters out, but last year's debacle deserved some hate with "OMG PUPPIES!!" and WiiMusic.

I suggest we put out troll bait for them. Start some additional threads with titles that will draw them like fly paper, and away from this thread. Examples (feel free to use these):

"My Wii is collecting dust. Should I sell it?"
"I have $400 to spend: Wii or 360?"
"Wii Fit Plus"
"Reputable source for penis pumps?"
"Nintendo E3 2009 Press Conference - Tuesday, 9am PDT"

[quote name='crunchewy']"My Wii is collecting dust. Should I sell it?"[/QUOTE]

C'mon now, that one is like sheep to the slaughter.

We should change this title to something that no one would consider visiting.

[quote name='Kaoz']psh, you are just jealous because you don't get generic brown and gray shooter after generic brown and gray shooter.

I never understood why someone would troll rather than go about enjoying their "superior" games.[/QUOTE]

Because none of the consoles this generation have a title that really defines the generation or at least the consoles life and meaning.

That makes more sense in my head. :lol:

[quote name='lilboo']I predict a Wii(s) with a new color(s) as the main event. :([/QUOTE]

That would be swell. I got pissy with Nintendo for their VC policy a bit back and sold my Wii but the siren song of NMH: DS and DQ X is too much to ignore. If I could pick up a red or black Wii I'd be super excited.

[quote name='crunchewy']I suggest we put out troll bait for them. Start some additional threads with titles that will draw them like fly paper, and away from this thread. Examples (feel free to use these):

"My Wii is collecting dust. Should I sell it?"
"I have $400 to spend: Wii or 360?"
"Wii Fit Plus"
"Reputable source for penis pumps?"
"Nintendo E3 2009 Press Conference - Tuesday, 9am PDT"[/QUOTE]

It's pathetic because it's a good idea. Combine all the Wii, 360, and PS3 fanboys together, and they still wouldn't be as pathetic as Wii trolls. What an absolute embarrassment of an industry this is. Wow.

Wish we could keep all the fanboys out of here that are going to inevitably show up and feign excitement no matter what happens.

You're kind of an idiot if you're implying that at me. And since you were doing that, I guess I have my answer.

I'm going to try to watch this at work on my lunch hour tomorrow. I'd really like to see if we get any big name sequels by year-end (Mario, Zelda, Metroid). So far, this Spring, I've been very happy with Excitebots and Punch-Out!!, so I hope the trend continues through the rest of the year.

I really hope Nintendo learned their lesson last year by the failure of Wii Music and the complete lack of enthusiasm for Animal Crossing as well. I imagine Wii Sports 2 will be featured prominently, although that will be old news since it was show last year as well. Another Zelda game is a possibility, but I doubt it will be a typical Zelda game, and probably be something more of a gimmicky novelty. I don't doubt that we'll see another Mario Party either, and another lousy Pokemon spin off that no one will buy.

I read a news story last week I think that industry insiders are projecting a downward trend for Nintendo at this point, since everyone who wants a Wii already has one, and that the average Wii owner doesn't buy too many games for it, as they are plenty happy with Wii Sports / Wii Play and maybe Mario Kart. If Nintendo doesn't have something to blow people away this year, they may find themselves in a lot of trouble.

To be absolutely honest with you, it wouldn't shock me to see Nintendo announce that they are getting a head start in the next gen console war, with them already being well in development with whatever their next gen console is going to be, with a possible launch date late this year or early next year. That's not to say they would abandon the Wii altogether, but it would be more of a situation like when they released the DS while simultaneously supporting the GBA at the same time.

[quote name='Strell']You're kind of an idiot if you're implying that at me. And since you were doing that, I guess I have my answer.[/QUOTE]
No. Isn't blind positivity just as annoying as blind negativity?

[quote name='spmahn']I really hope Nintendo learned their lesson last year by the failure of Wii Music and the complete lack of enthusiasm for Animal Crossing as well. I imagine Wii Sports 2 will be featured prominently, although that will be old news since it was show last year as well. Another Zelda game is a possibility, but I doubt it will be a typical Zelda game, and probably be something more of a gimmicky novelty. I don't doubt that we'll see another Mario Party either, and another lousy Pokemon spin off that no one will buy.

I read a news story last week I think that industry insiders are projecting a downward trend for Nintendo at this point, since everyone who wants a Wii already has one, and that the average Wii owner doesn't buy too many games for it, as they are plenty happy with Wii Sports / Wii Play and maybe Mario Kart. If Nintendo doesn't have something to blow people away this year, they may find themselves in a lot of trouble.

To be absolutely honest with you, it wouldn't shock me to see Nintendo announce that they are getting a head start in the next gen console war, with them already being well in development with whatever their next gen console is going to be, with a possible launch date late this year or early next year. That's not to say they would abandon the Wii altogether, but it would be more of a situation like when they released the DS while simultaneously supporting the GBA at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but most of your post in misinformation. Apparently the hundreds of millions in software mean that only the same two people are buying them? Listen to yourself.

Both Wii Music and Animal Crossing have sold six million or so together. I just don't understand where you are getting your info from.

There seems to be a huge disconnect between most gamers and reality when it comes to the Wii. I hate having to continually correct people about the Wii, but maybe if people weren't so ignorant, we wouldn't have so many Wii trolls passing off the same info as fact. :bouncy:

[quote name='pete5883']No. Isn't blind positivity just as annoying as blind negativity?[/QUOTE]

Blind negativity is the thing that usually shits up threads, so no. heh

Actually, I would LOVE a Mario Party 9 announcement with Motion Plus.
Or like.. a Mario Party 1-3 remake..again, with Motion Plus.

Going forward, I expect games should all have Motion Plus support.

[quote name='Strell']Ahhh good. We got our first one already. I'm sure there are plenty more to follow.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking to me? If so, post why.
Guess it makes it easier than refuting any points. Just try to discredit someone's post by calling them a fanboy.
I backed up my post with facts. Apparently, doing so makes you a fanboy, but posting fiction as fact doesn't.
I'm starting to think you're not very bright, Strell. That or really retarded. Take your pick or both.

I'd love to see more Gamecube Wiimakes.. Eternal Darkness :whee:

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Are you talking to me? If so, post why.
Guess it makes it easier than refuting any points. Just try to discredit someone's post by calling them a fanboy.
I backed up my post with facts. Apparently, doing so makes you a fanboy, but posting fiction as fact doesn't.
I'm starting to think you're not very bright, Strell. That or really retarded. Take your pick or both.[/QUOTE]

Considering Strell's a Nintendo supporter, I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking to you.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']I'm sorry, but most of your post in misinformation. Apparently the hundreds of millions in software mean that only the same two people are buying them? Listen to yourself.

Both Wii Music and Animal Crossing have sold six million or so together. I just don't understand where you are getting your info from.

There seems to be a huge disconnect between most gamers and reality when it comes to the Wii. I hate having to continually correct people about the Wii, but maybe if people weren't so ignorant, we wouldn't have so many Wii trolls passing off the same info as fact. :bouncy:

Blind negativity is the thing that usually shits up threads, so no. heh[/QUOTE]

but still you miss my overall point

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Wii#Wii_sales_figures

Once you get out of the Top 15, the sales figures drop off almost completely. Only about 3% of Wii owners are actually buying games for the console, most bought Wii Play, many bought Wii Fit and Mario Kart, and just about everything else can be attributed to the small hardcore fanbase left that on the Wii, and the inevitable Birthday / Christmas / other Holiday gifts that people buy. Wario Shake it sold only 150,000 copies, I don't see how that can be seen as anything more then a complete and total failure on Nintendo's part. Now that Nintendo has sold consoles, it's time to concentrate on the software.

[quote name='lilboo']Actually, I would LOVE a Mario Party 9 announcement with Motion Plus.
Or like.. a Mario Party 1-3 remake..again, with Motion Plus.

Going forward, I expect games should all have Motion Plus support.[/QUOTE]

i dunno, i don't think motion plus should be in for the sake of being in. If it can improve the gameplay sure, but not just because its there.

[quote name='spmahn']but still you miss my overall point

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Wii#Wii_sales_figures

Once you get out of the Top 15, the sales figures drop off almost completely. Only about 3% of Wii owners are actually buying games for the console, most bought Wii Play, many bought Wii Fit and Mario Kart, and just about everything else can be attributed to the small hardcore fanbase left that on the Wii, and the inevitable Birthday / Christmas / other Holiday gifts that people buy. Wario Shake it sold only 150,000 copies, I don't see how that can be seen as anything more then a complete and total failure on Nintendo's part. Now that Nintendo has sold consoles, it's time to concentrate on the software.[/QUOTE]

"Only about 3% of Wii owners are actually buying games for the console, most bought Wii Play, many bought Wii Fit and Mario Kart, and just about everything else can be attributed to the small hardcore fanbase left that on the Wii, and the inevitable Birthday / Christmas / other Holiday gifts that people buy"

You cannot assume that at all from the information provided, and it's an incredibly laughable claim considering the amount of million sellers and the monthly sales information we get from Media Create, PAL charts and NPD. Where are you coming up with that conclusion if you don't mind me asking?

Wario had no advertising aside from banner ads. If something like Excitebots has shown Nintendo, they can't just put out a game with little or no fanfare and expect it to light up the charts.

Edited to be clearer.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Sin and Punishment 2 is coming to the States.
[/QUOTE]

We've known that since NoA announced that it would back last fall.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i dunno, i don't think motion plus should be in for the sake of being in. If it can improve the gameplay sure, but not just because its there.[/QUOTE]

Considering most games on Wii seem to fail simply because of the controls--:lol:whistle2:-it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea.

This is one of those "I read it somewhere" posts :) but I know I read a short while back that Hudson was not going to develop another Mario Party game for the time being, that they were giving the series a rest. I think it was on Siliconera.com, but don't quote me.

How's that for hard facts?

Bundling the MotionPlus with Tiger Woods 10 is a good move by Nintendo. Hopefully it won't go the way of the Wii Speak, but $25-30 EACH for another accessory is really pushing it if you want 4-player Mario Party with MotionPlus. Plus it seems sort of niche: most casual gamers aren't terribly concerned with 1:1.

I'd like to see a wireless nunchuk by Nintendo.

Ravi Drums or BUST!! MS has a awesome new E3 gif of that girl jumping around like shes spazzing out playing the breakout game, nintendo will need to step up its game if it wants to take back the gif crown.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Bundling the MotionPlus with Tiger Woods 10 is a good move by Nintendo. Hopefully it won't go the way of the Wii Speak, but $25-30 EACH for another accessory is really pushing it if you want 4-player Mario Party with MotionPlus. Plus it seems sort of niche: most casual gamers aren't terribly concerned with 1:1.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious why you conclude that so-called "casual gamers" wouldn't be interested in 1:1. In fact I'd think they'd really be interested in it, as much or more so then traditional gamers. Also, the M+ has an MSRP for $19.99, not "25-30". Gamestop is pricing it at $24.99, but that's just Gamestop.

I will be happy if and ONLY if they announce one of the following new Kid Icarus, Zelda (Wii Zelda), Mario Platformer. If not one of the these is mentioned, they will need to pull some incredible shit to make me not pissed tomorrow, lol.

Chances are I will leave pissed at Nintendo tomorrow, thank god my parents are at work because I will be cursing like crazy, lol :lol:. Although I still love them.

A Metroid game on the DS would make me really happy, but it probably won't happen.

Is it sad that a huge announcement from Nintendo actually worries me now? I think they've just demonstrated over the past few years that their idea of a big announcement differs from mine quite a bit.

I want them to wow me, I really do. I just don't know how much faith I have in it.

Prove me wrong, Nintendo. (Please.)

[quote name='SuperPhillip']The IGN crew says a whole section of the booth is covered for a new announcement[/QUOTE]
If you want to know what's behind the Nintendo curtain:
http://kotaku.com/5275120/whats-behind-the-nintendo-curtain

curtain_nintendo.jpg

Mario blocks. Maybe NewEr Super Mario Bros? I was really hoping for Wii Zelda, though.

A 2D Wii Mario makes a lot more sense to me. Zelda I'm sure could be improved upon for a pure Wii release, so it'll probably come soon enough, but a Mario Galaxy 2 never seemed worthwhile.

bread's done
Back