NewEgg - Animal Crossing with Wii Speak Module $34.99 FS

Great deal if you don't have it, and I'd venture to say that there are no assholes playing Animal Crossing whatsoever. :)

As for WiiSpeak, it looks like a peripheral doomed for the graveyard given that there's not even been first party support for it out side of Animal Crossing and the WiiSpeak Channel. Animal Crossing is more fun online with a keyboard anyway - it loses charm without the speech bubbles. However, WiiSpeak is good for kids and if you are playing with "real" friends and/or family, I suspect it would be good. Also my kids liked it and can't type fast anyway, so for them it was pretty essential. At this price, go ahead and get the WiiSpeak combo. Maybe Nintendo will come through with support for it in other games at some point.

Not to mention Wii Speak will be compatible with The Conduit. The Wii Speak peripheral itself runs $29.99, so you would be getting a game with it for a mere $5.

There's zero chance I put in more than 40 minutes on this thing ever, but I'm pretty close to buying it.

What's The Conduit?
edit: I looked it up, I thought it was something like PS Home.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cleaver']There's zero chance I put in more than 40 minutes on this thing ever, but I'm pretty close to buying it.

What's The Conduit?
edit: I looked it up, I thought it was something like PS Home.[/QUOTE]

The Conduit is a FPS for the wii that will be released later this month. The game will have online co-op that will make use of wii speak for voice chat.

i wanna know... if people don't have wii speak, could they just plug in a usb mic in n use it during gameplay ?

It's Nintendo man, hell no. All of their stuff is proprietary.

This is a great deal. I couldn't give a crap about Animal Crossing Wii, but I was looking for a cheap way to get a hold of WiiSpeak for use with The Conduit next week. Since WiiSpeak on its own is $29.99 on Amazon, adding a game for $5.00 more is a no-brainer purchase.

Also, I couldn't find this bundle cheaper than $49.99 anywhere. On Amazon it's $69.99 for crying out loud.

[quote name='silks']It's Nintendo man, hell no. All of their stuff is proprietary.[/QUOTE]
Uh... you actually can use almost any USB headset, even the PS2 one.

I've never played Animal Crossing and I don't like that stuff happens even while you don't play. I'm going to get Wii Speak on it's own, maybe when it's on sale. This is still a good deal for those who want the game.

bread's done
Back