Crackdown 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Out Now!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
custom_1243888893970_CD2_HBanner_E3_PressKit_Art_with_Logo.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49992.html

Microsoft's press release for new games coming up for Xbox 360 included some surprises regarding Ruffian Games' Crackdown 2. The company announced that it will enable both cooperative and competitive gameplay modes and what seems to be a harder edge. The press release states that the game will allow "you and your friends with the complete freedom to explore, destroy and play as you return to restore justice and peace to Pacific City - by any means necessary."
Microsoft released artwork and a trailer for Crackdown 2, but as of yet, no official screenshots.
http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/kotaku/full/~3/Mt0OQnPp75A/crackdown-2-adds-competitive-multiplayer-hits-in-2010

Please add split-screen support :pray:

Last edited by a moderator:
i loved the first one, my brother asked me what i wanted to see at e3 and i actually said i would love to hear crackdown 2, when they said it i was so happy. cant wait to hear more on this game

Really excited about this. If the buzz is generally positive for this when it comes out, I'll most likely get it day one. The original is still one of my favorite games this gen.

You are on a roll with these new threads. -_-

Anyway, never got to play the first crackdown, but I will here soon.
I heard good things, just never got the chance, I guess. Glad to see they are keeping up with their exclusives!

I'm excited about a second Crackdown but oh man I'm more excited about ATB which is basically looking like a Crackdown MMO.^^

Im really excited about this game and so happy that it was made. I loved the first one. But the monsters worry me. To me crackdown was in a more realistic city, fighting crime. One of the things i loved was the most wanted list, and killing them all. Somehow monsters being involved in this game doesnt seem like it would mix well. I guess ill have to wait and see, but im worried.

All I want is more side-missions with more variety, and more ledges to hang from. A lot of the towers drive me nuts because the windows don't have ledges you can grab even though the graphics suggest otherwise, or building B with the same windows has ledges.

[quote name='kennistond']As long as there is orbs, this will be a day 1 purchase for me.

I love them little things.[/QUOTE]

There should be, if you pay close attention to the start of the trailer, you can hear that wonderful familiar sound :drool:

Probably a first day purchase for me and I don't say that about many retail games anymore. Love the first, hoping for the best with this.

I pratically jumped out of my seat when I saw the short preview at the Microsoft conference! Thank god they had the sense to make a new one!

Looks like the early access demo might hit this Friday. I was doing their viral TAG reader game, and I got confirmation today that the reward will hit on 6/18.

How does the program work. I would like to get the text so i can play this weekend. Can you walk us through it? Thanks.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Day one for me. Should keep my entertained throughout the summer.[/QUOTE]

It will almost have to. Not a whole lot coming out between Crackdown 2 and the end of August. Guess I'll be doing a lot of orb hunting. :D

I haven't had too much time to play with the demo, but the demo is timed at 30min and I loved the first 30min I got to play. Only thing that sucks is that your car no longer morphs when you get in.

Also, the demo allows you to earn achievements...you don't get them on the demo, but it creates a save that when you play the full game, they will be unlocked:

emailbf.jpg

Yeah, I unlocked 7 of the 10 available achievements so far. Really digging the demo personally. Can't wait to try with 4 people.

Queued up the demo for later tonight.

Apparently, you can't "unlock" the achievements until you start playing the retail game.

Demo has 4-player co-op!

FYI:

By playing the Facebook game Chuck's Ducks, which should be unlocked sometime today, players will not only unlock an additional difficulty level for the demo, they'll also start earning Quackers, rubber duck-shaped sticky bombs that normally have to be hunted down and collected in the retail version. Playing the Facebook game will grant players access to the Quackers they've earned in the retail version's multiplayer mode when it launches.
http://m.kotaku.com/5568855/the-crackdown-2-demo-has-a-facebook-twist

I can't figure out this facebook game. It seems like it's not recording progress. Everytime I save the ducks it tells me I need to save 20 more to unlock something in the demo. I've saved about 100 ducks already....

Couldn't get into this at all... I liked the first Crackdown just fine, back in 2007, but this is 2010 now and this feels like the exact same game, with the exact same problems (like the aiming, for one). The graphics are definitely worse than the first game, which is a huge disappointment... especially the explosions.

I wasn't a fan of the freaks either, or the narrator who never shuts up now. It seems like the things they did add to this game, I dislike, so that is putting me off too.

I had it preordered, but I'll probably cancel and wait for hit it to $30. I've played through the demo three times now and still can't get into it.

Despite the obvious flaws (charm?) the game instantly re-ignited my bizarre compulsion to get all those damn orbs! Dudes were shooting me and I was oblivious, "just leave me alone while I climb up this freakin' huge crane to get that glowing green thing!" I do dig the transformation, outfit, makes you look like a cyborg or a robot, maybe even a little "ROBOCOP-esque"?

Seriously though, there is nothing else coming out in July so I'll be smokin' so more crackdown!

[quote name='variablesunknown']Despite the obvious flaws (charm?) the game instantly re-ignited my bizarre compulsion to get all those damn orbs! Dudes were shooting me and I was oblivious, "just leave me alone while I climb up this freakin' huge crane to get that glowing green thing!" I do dig the transformation, outfit, makes you look like a cyborg or a robot, maybe even a little "ROBOCOP-esque"?

Seriously though, there is nothing else coming out in July so I'll be smokin' so more crackdown![/QUOTE]
I Did the same thing. I Literally got pissed at the game when I cleared out the first area and got in a car and saw a new purple orb trying to get away, but the game felt the need to make me stop everything so I can learn the damn objectives.

Though besides that, the game really feels exactly like the first for better or worse. The good is it now seems easier to get the damn driving skills up (for me at least) since at night can run over tons of mutants to level up. The bad is it takes forever now for my goddamn Agent to step inside a goddamn car. So many times he runs up to it and just stops and stares at it before I have to press Y again.

[quote name='animalspinners']Couldn't get into this at all... I liked the first Crackdown just fine, back in 2007, but this is 2010 now and this feels like the exact same game, with the exact same problems (like the aiming, for one). The graphics are definitely worse than the first game, which is a huge disappointment... especially the explosions.

I wasn't a fan of the freaks either, or the narrator who never shuts up now. It seems like the things they did add to this game, I dislike, so that is putting me off too.

I had it preordered, but I'll probably cancel and wait for hit it to $30. I've played through the demo three times now and still can't get into it.[/QUOTE]
Honestly^. (following statement is my opinion, im not trying to offend or devalue anyone elses opinions, and I AM NOT trying to start a flame war) First off, I did play Crackdown 1 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Okay, so I usually don't complain about games, but this demo was just something else. The graphics look the same if not worse than Crackdown 1, it also has some of the worst character models I've seen on a current gen console. The gameplay has the potential to be fun but they seemed to ignore every problem that Crackdown 1 had, such as auto aiming, melee, and climbing. On a more positive note the driving felt really good and well improved. I'm kind of anxious to see the reviews for this game to see what the critics thought. Whew, glad thats done. (ive been spending too much time on Gamespot forums :roll:)

Interesting divide on impressions. I still haven't gotten a chance to check out the demo. I loved the original but I'm not quite sure how this one will fare.

[quote name='Corvin']Interesting divide on impressions. I still haven't gotten a chance to check out the demo. I loved the original but I'm not quite sure how this one will fare.[/QUOTE]

Exact same here - it's funny, when I saw some of the preview footage I was thinking "those character models don't look very good..." but I thought for sure the final product would be a little more impressive. Now most of the feedback I'm seeing says this game looks worse at times than the first. That's pretty disappointing.

Will try the demo later today. Sad to see the response hasn't been overwhelmingly positive - the first one is easily in my top 10 games on the console. Didn't a different studio handle this one? I'd like someone to blame if I'm not impressed.

It's visually charming, and I'm sure coop would be a blast...

I just can't get past the slippery controls (I understand the reason, though... High levels of Agility means easier running/jumping, but not when you have lower levels of Agility!), especially with all of the damn orbs on edges, and you can't just go near them. You have to stand on them. Ugh!

The aiming is pretty bad too. If you don't look DIRECTLY at an enemy, and there's an explosive barrel anywhere near him, it will lock onto the barrel every time. That's the most frustrating thing.

I like the huge selection of weapons and vehicles though.

I like the idea of Mag grenades, too, but I still can't find a legitimate use for them, besides keeping someone's vehicle from getting away (or pissing off team mates?)

And while it's cool that the narrator (head honcho? I have no idea who he is, not that I care... Crackdown isn't about story anyway.) has quite a bit more to say, he's starting to get pretty annoying. "That Peacekeeper had a wife and family, agent!" Nu-uh! Video game peoples can't have families! :booty:

Gonna have to wait and see I suppose. Maybe it's just a dated demo, much like Splinter Cell: Conviction's release?

bread's done
Back