Tales of Monkey Island Pre Order Bonus!!

Preordered! Man, This and all the Rock Band Beatles hype has me the most excited i've been about videogames since the PS2 came out.

I wonder if Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer or Dave Grossman have a hand in this new series?

EDIT: Looks like only Grossman. Not bad though - the dude had a huge influence on Day of the Tentacle

[quote name='nikkai']I wonder if Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer or Dave Grossman have a hand in this new series?

EDIT: Looks like only Grossman. Not bad though - the dude had a huge influence on Day of the Tentacle[/QUOTE]

This is from the FAQ part of the website:

What about Ron Gilbert? Is he involved?

Ron doesn't work at Telltale (he's busy making his own game with Hothead), but he's friends with a lot of Telltale folks from back in the day at LucasArts. And when he found out what we were up to with Tales of Monkey Island, he was pretty excited. In fact, early in the project he came down to our office for a few days to brainstorm ideas with our team. You can see what Ron has to say about the new series over at his Grumpy Gamer blog.

Haha, I just got this Email too. Sounds awesome! I never got to play the originals but hear from EVERYONE how awesome they were. I really have to find a way to play them and catch up. Wish they had them on the Wii or the DS =P

I pre-ordered the last Monkey Island game and all I got was some lousy magnets. I will probably pre-order this one too. I playing Sam & Max Season 1 right now, so I have faith in Telltale Games doing this justice. I am a huge fan of the series. I even made my own "I beat the swordmaster" shirt. Nobody got it. It was great.

If only Full Throttle hadn't been cancelled...

Well, I own just about every other episodic game Telltale has made, so I might as well get this.

Of course, phrasing it like that severely understates how excited I am about this and the Monkey Island Special Edition. Cannot wait.

This makes me so happy. The Secret of Monkey Island was the first computer game I ever played, and now my precious series is coming back again. I actually quote The Curse of Monkey Island on a regular basis in conversation. Consider this ordered. I will support anything to get Monkey Island back again. Long live the glory days of Lucasarts!

We need a thread dedicated to our favorite Monkey Island quotes.

As far as I can tell, the pre-ordering is only for the PC version not the Wii, correct? Not that I won't buy it, just would dig this swag of course.

[quote name='goomba478']Haha, I just got this Email too. Sounds awesome! I never got to play the originals but hear from EVERYONE how awesome they were. I really have to find a way to play them and catch up. Wish they had them on the Wii or the DS =P[/QUOTE]

Google "ScummVM"

I really want to preorder this but at the same time I want the game through Steam since that's where I have all the other Telltale games

'course I love Monkey Island enough I just might buy it twice

[quote name='buckythekat']I really want to preorder this but at the same time I want the game through Steam since that's where I have all the other Telltale games

'course I love Monkey Island enough I just might buy it twice[/QUOTE]
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the website said if you preorder you get all the episodes as they are released on your computer in downloadable form, and then all 5 eps will be released on a single disc which you just pay shipping for, so you get it both ways.

[quote name='SqueezyCrusty']what does #2 mean? Where do we select the free episode of choice? What are the options?[/QUOTE]

They email you a coupon. Its probably like how they always do it, its any episode (its just a $8.95 coupon code that if I remember right, its only valid on games so no, you sadly can't use it on merch)

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the website said if you preorder you get all the episodes as they are released on your computer in downloadable form, and then all 5 eps will be released on a single disc which you just pay shipping for, so you get it both ways.[/QUOTE]

yep, same setup as always when it comes to the season pass

So my PC has been without a video card recently until I read this and stopped being lazy and put one in, and I haven't been playing PC games in a while.

Any recommendation for which episode I should get with my free code? Debating between Sam & Max season 1 or Wallace and Gromit 1

got excited till I saw the art direction... If they're only willing to put that much effort into the art--and the trailer didn't have one good laugh. Monkey island 1-3 were great. 4 was like the made for tv movie. Hopefully this one isn't the like a tv show that that came out 20 years after the original series that was canceled quickly. But I'm not hopeful.

No preorder for people who want to play this on WiiWare? :( I might crack and get the PC version anyway... preorder goodies... mmm.

Salivating for MORE SLAW!

[quote name='morbis']A new Monkey Island game?! There is a god...[/QUOTE]
This is the second thing I thought when I saw the email last night. The first thing I thought was "No fucking way!".

Preordered. This is crap-my-pants awesome. The Special Edition remake of the first MI looks awesome as well. Somewhere in hell, there's a snowball fight going on. Next step, Purple and Green Tentacles. Not such a long shot now, is it?

[quote name='goomba478']Wish they had them on the Wii or the DS =P[/QUOTE]

It *is* coming to the Wii in WiiWare form. See the logo at the bottom of this page:

http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland

Of course there is no "pre-order" concept for WiiWare and thus no pre-order bonuses. Maybe that's what you were talking about?

EDIT: I've never played any of the original games either. I may have to pick up the WiiWare version.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I think I'll just get them on Steam. A disk based version is nice, but unnecessary.[/QUOTE]
if you order directly from Telltale you get 2 copies of the game. 1 download and 1 dvd. so you get both and you can gift/sell/trade the dvd if you want.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the website said if you preorder you get all the episodes as they are released on your computer in downloadable form, and then all 5 eps will be released on a single disc which you just pay shipping for, so you get it both ways.[/QUOTE]

yes but it wouldn't be download via Steam

[quote name='ughpaul']if you order directly from Telltale you get 2 copies of the game. 1 download and 1 dvd. so you get both and you can gift/sell/trade the dvd if you want.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but I like buying PC games through Steam. Valve gives me lots of free TF2 content, I reward them by buying games though Steam.

The art looks fine, though I miss the art of COMI. The goatee also looks fine, it's like a blend of MI2 (full beard) and COMI (clean shaven). I'm very happy that they have the right voice (perhaps the voice from COMI?) for Guybrush. I just wonder who they're going to have voice Elaine, British or American.

I also expect a return for Murray -- he is comic gold.

i played tons of pc games growing up, almost all the sierra games ie. kings/space/police quests, leisure suit larrys, x wing and tie fighter were great from lucas arts, never did play the monkey islands, always wanted to though. where can i get a hold of the originals?

[quote name='ctrek3']i played tons of pc games growing up, almost all the sierra games ie. kings/space/police quests, leisure suit larrys, x wing and tie fighter were great from lucas arts, never did play the monkey islands, always wanted to though. where can i get a hold of the originals?[/QUOTE]

Wait for the remake of the original on XBL

*Season customers who order after July 7 will still be eligible for the DVD, but only pre-order customers will receive the limited edition cover. Shipping will be charged when you come back to order the Collector's DVD.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']That was easily the fastest that I've ever typed my credit card number in; it has been purchased!

New Monkey Island! God read my letters![/QUOTE]

Now hopefully He reads mine and these will come out for the 360 or PS3 as well...

i preordered this as early as i could. The extra forum is great, you can acutally interact with the dev team and the voice actors...Dominic Armato even has a q and a thread where he regularly posts.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I love Sam & Max. Is MI the same type of humor?[/QUOTE]

Monkey Island is different humor, but I always found the MI games to be more funny than Sam N' Max as a whole. Thats not to say Sam & Max aren't funny, Monkey Island is just gold. Look up some clips of insult sword fighting to get an idea of the humor. Or anything with Murray in it.

Supposed to be out today (episode one, at least). How the hell do I download it? I already ordered it days ago.

They don't even have a link for it yet. I have noticed that the site has been going down intermittently today.

bread's done
Back