Final Fantasy VII - PSN only $9.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This is a sort of deal and was posted in the discussion thread, but since it's only $9.99 I've posted it in the deals section--mods feel free to move.

Available on PSN right now for only $9.99 is the classic FFVII. As I'm sure you all know this can be downloaded and played on either your PS3 or your PSP...

This is not really a deal since it is going to be on PSN for some time and is not on sale....if we posted all the PS1 classics here it would just clog up this forum.....

I debated whether or not to post it...but it was a surprise E3 release and I know people have been waiting for it...Additionally the speculation was that the price was going to be either $14.99 or $19.99.

[quote name='kart007k']I feel bad for the guy who is buying this on ebay for 49.99[/QUOTE]

To be fair, a $100 PS2 and a $50 FF7 are still combined cheaper than a PSP or PS3. $150 is a solid down payment on a PS3, though.

I wonder..are all loading times gone with this since it doesn't need to read off a disc? There was a slight delay on the PS1 version every time you moved into a new area while the scene loaded. Is that gone?

since it's possible to play ff7 illegally on cfw without lags or freezing, I would imagine the legal psn release should be fine

[quote name='PenguinMaster']They once again break their own fixed-price for PS1 games on PSN ($5.99).[/QUOTE]

They've broken this quite a few times...off the top of my head:

Resident Evil $9.99
Castlevania SOTN $9.99

[quote name='anubis20']what is the size of these psn games, i would like to mainly put it on my PSP[/QUOTE]

They vary in size, but FFVII is considerably larger than the others at 1.32GB's.

[quote name='Capitalizt']I wonder..are all loading times gone with this since it doesn't need to read off a disc? There was a slight delay on the PS1 version every time you moved into a new area while the scene loaded. Is that gone?[/QUOTE]

I never noticed that delay, and I played the heck out of FFVII. If anything, it was in battles where it would very rarely take slightly longer to load the characters/enemies.

And yes, the loading times are still there. They might be slightly faster, but not instant as you would probably expect. It just wasn't programmed to run off a HDD (or flash).

Ive been waiting for this for a long time; I've never played it.

Should I stop playing Crisis Core and start with FFVII?

[quote name='anubis20']what is the size of these psn games, i would like to mainly put it on my PSP[/QUOTE]
Most of them are under 500 MB but they do vary. Final Fantasy VII, however, is 1.32 GB since it is a compilation of the 3 compact discs the game originally came on.

Yeah but for 10 bucks you won't hear a single fuss from me. This game is worth full price. I just hope we see a trend of good PS1 games coming to the PS Store.

[quote name='carn311']
Should I stop playing Crisis Core and start with FFVII?[/QUOTE]

YES!

I would gladly pay $100 knowing how good it is. I've been gaming since 1986 and it's my favorite game of all time. It's not a casual game though..not something you can pick up for 10 minutes at a time. It's best to isolate yourself in a dark room and sink a good 3-4 hours into it each play session. The game is 60 hours long so you'll need to if you ever hope to finish it. ;)

[quote name='kart007k']I feel bad for the guy who is buying this on ebay for 49.99[/QUOTE]

I feel great for the guy who just sold this on ebay for $75 last week. Especially since that guy was me:applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Capitalizt']Guess I can get rid of my PS1 copy now. Any collectors want to buy it? Complete with booklet & case, $45 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the game has limited collector's value. Square sold 9.8 million copies worldwide.

Cool that they released this, but why has it taken Sony so long to put it on PSN? Would be a must buy for $5.99 like Suikoden.

wow... i wonder if theres any tweaks or improvements to it, like smoothed rendering etc?

I wouldnt mind them throwing ff8 on there, i have a copy but never finished it, tho it seemed interesting i liked it from what i played.

i need to grab my original copy from my friend *not the greatest hits, the OG with the black bar, its in good condition too, i loaned it to him a few months ago cuz he was sayin how he couldnt find it anywhere... i hope he didnt damage it lol*

Man. I remember playing this shit when I was like in 5th/6th grade. I put 72 hours into it.. and I got to the very last battle.. but I couldn't get myself to finish it because I LOVED THE GAME SO DAMN MUCH. Fruity.. I know. I seriously won't mind playing this for another 40-50 hours. I remember I purchased my villa.. and I would just go there for fun for no damn reason. Haha.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']They once again break their own fixed-price for PS1 games on PSN ($5.99).[/QUOTE]

Hold on, you're complaining about this price? Gotta love CAG :)

I have a PSP but I don't play it much... and I was planning to get FFVII when/if it came out on PSN. Sadly I pay little attention to the memory and I just realized I only have a 1 GB memory card. Shit! :(

Not sure I can cough up the money on a memory stick for a $10 game I've already played. I just wanted to be able to replay it on my PSP.

Play Station Network - here I come!
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='Apostle22']I feel great for the guy who just sold this on ebay for $75 last week. Especially since that guy was me:applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

I commend the salesmanship of that guy :)

[quote name='bvharris']Hold on, you're complaining about this price? Gotta love CAG :)[/QUOTE]

For some it is more the principle than anything else.

Developers and Publishers despise Gamestop and the used market in general. I am led to believe they believe all the money should a) go to them and b) they should have complete control on the price structure. Yet they have no problem breaking this thought process when they have a game that is in high demand in the used market. You see $10, others see a 66% premium.

fake edit: I am cool with the small premium. Especially because it leads to me believe that $10 will be the cap.

[quote name='Richlough']Cool, now I can throw away my black label disc version.
Physical media FTL .[/QUOTE]

just wait til your digital download goes AWOL and you're screwed out of $10 ;)

Ye I WON'T be tossing my black label version cuz unlike non-collector's..this is one game i will seriously take to my grave

(in)disposable-media-to-the-grave FTW!

All right, now that FF7 is out on PSN they need to go ahead and follow through with Suikoden II. :)

I've owned a couple FFVII including black label one w/ differing ESRB descriptions on back but sold them for the $$. Now at $9.99 I consider it a deal. waiting for my gameshare group to okay it =D ahhaha

Is anybody else having problems playing this or other PS1 classics? When I play screen goes really bright and turns into a Commodore game. A side note I also have freezing issues with Castlevania and huge polygons show up in PS3 games.

People on random message boards were predicting $15 for this. Since we know SE loves milking money off FFVII, I think they could have easily made it $15 and it would still sell like hotcakes. Not saying that 5-6 bucks would have been bad, but 10 bucks is about right IMO.

[quote name='nwaugh']To be fair, a $100 PS2 and a $50 FF7 are still combined cheaper than a PSP or PS3. $150 is a solid down payment on a PS3, though.[/QUOTE]

Except it was a PS1 game so that could be a lot cheaper than $150 to play it (excluding memory card) :)

1352 megs, downloading now!

I definitely think $10 for this is a great price, considering Square's history of milking every penny out of the FF name. For Pete's sake, they made that short, repetitive iPod app, Crystal Defenders, $10 on XBL.

Is this game worth it? I played crisis core (one of my most fav games ever) and loved Advent children. I wonder how this game stacks again my all time fav game of Lunar: SSSC

[quote name='s2k']Is this game worth it? I played crisis core (one of my most fav games ever) and loved Advent children. I wonder how this game stacks again my all time fav game of Lunar: SSSC[/QUOTE]

you loved Crisis Core? then FF7 will induce volcanic orgasms

I just downloaded it. I already have the boxed copy but I decided I wanted it on the go on PSP. Problem is I have to go get a 2GB stick tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back