80gb PS3 with Killzone 2 for $340.15 @ Dell.com

egres

CAG Veteran
Last edited by a moderator:
I had to bite on this since no price cut was mentioned at E3... that and my PS3 died on me :(

I don't believe they're backwards compatible (at least with PS2 games - I think all PS3s are BC with PS1 games). As far as the other stuff, I can't help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might bite do they offer any kind of warranty on dell.com for systems? also when does deal exp? same day as the coupon?

Hmm seems like a good deal. You think if I wait till the end of june, I will get a better deal somewhere?

[quote name='shiro67']Might bite do they offer any kind of warranty on dell.com for systems? also when does deal exp? same day as the coupon?[/QUOTE]

The warranty option does not appear when you purchase the 80gb model through the customization process. Try calling and asking. I know they offer it for the 160gb model.

I updated the 1st post with some expiration info. No word on when the KZ2 deal will go.

thats a great deal....just wish the PS3 actually had more than a handful of good games to play on it...

will hold off till more ps3 games come out

[quote name='Agentredd']what are the specs?
Is it backwards compatible?
How many USB ports does it have?
I couldn't find any info on the link[/QUOTE]

I'm sure these are the current 80gb models that are not backwards compatible with PS2 games...... PS1 yes.

2 usb ports if I'm not mistaken.

Very very good deal even if a slim comes out this is basically like getting $60 off and a free game, probably a game i would end up buying in the long run.

I'm kind of having some buyers remorse. $330 for a 80GB with Killzone 2 or $357 for a 160GB with Uncharted? If I had to rate the preference of the games I'd split 10 as 4 for KZ and 6 for UC. Did I make a good purchase picking up the 160GB or should I call to cancel and try to get in on this deal myself?

[quote name='mis0']I'm kind of having some buyers remorse. $330 for a 80GB with Killzone 2 or $357 for a 160GB with Uncharted? If I had to rate the preference of the games I'd split 10 as 4 for KZ and 6 for UC. Did I make a good purchase picking up the 160GB or should I call to cancel and try to get in on this deal myself?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted is the better of the two but that's just my personal opinion. I guess it really depends if you're more into online fragging. If you are, then you should go with KZ2. I personally chose KZ because I know I could sell off the game to a friend sealed for $40 or less..... yes, I currently own both titles.

Where did you get the 160gb PS3 for that price? When you apply the 15% off coupon to that model on dell.com it cancels and overides the $100 off deal.

[quote name='egres']Uncharted is the better of the two but that's just my personal opinion. I guess it really depends if you're more into online fragging. If you are, then you should go with KZ2. I personally chose KZ because I know I could sell off the game to a friend sealed for $40 or less..... yes, I currently own both titles.

Where did you get the 160gb PS3 for that price? When you apply the 15% off coupon to that model on dell.com it cancels and overides the $100 off deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I've played KZ1 on PS2 and it was alright, so I'll just give Uncharted a go and maybe pick up KZ2 later.

Dell EPP was selling the PS3 160GB for $399 as well. I get an extra 7% off through my university and an extra 4% using DPA. The 7% off saves me an extra $28 while the 4% saves me another $15. I tried the 15% off at EPP, but doesn't accept it, but I think $357 for a PS3 is decent.

[quote name='chibamm']Where is the 160GB for sale at?[/QUOTE]

Read my response to the OP on the next page! Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I believe the deal is dead however. Might be wrong.

[quote name='mis0']The 7% off saves me an extra $28 while the 4% saves me another $15.[/QUOTE]

Can't you apply that on to the 80gb deal?.... That's still a great price for the 120gb model.

[quote name='mis0']Thanks for the input. I've played KZ1 on PS2 and it was alright, so I'll just give Uncharted a go and maybe pick up KZ2 later.

Dell EPP was selling the PS3 160GB for $399 as well. I get an extra 7% off through my university and an extra 4% using DPA. The 7% off saves me an extra $28 while the 4% saves me another $15. I tried the 15% off at EPP, but doesn't accept it, but I think $357 for a PS3 is decent.[/QUOTE]

How do you get this 7% discount? Do you use your university email? I have one for mine and I'm wondering If I can save a little more.

[quote name='djblaze805']How do you get this 7% discount? Do you use your university email? I have one for mine and I'm wondering If I can save a little more.[/QUOTE]

If your university has an account with Dell.com, it should either be your school e-mail or student ID number.

[quote name='mis0']If your university has an account with Dell.com, it should either be your school e-mail or student ID number.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Good to know. How do I go about entering it? I searched on Google for "dell higher education" and was taken to a page but didn't see a place to enter it.

[quote name='djblaze805']Ok. Good to know. How do I go about entering it? I searched on Google for "dell higher education" and was taken to a page but didn't see a place to enter it.[/QUOTE]

Should be able to enter it while you check out. :)

[quote name='mis0']Should be able to enter it while you check out. :)[/QUOTE]

Looking at the order page, I don't see an area to enter the email--just a coupon code. My school email won't fit in their either.

I'm usually not this helpless when it comes to this kind of stuff. :whistle2:$

Aw man.
151l1259.jpg

Damn. Shouldn't have waited. I'm sure there will be another. I wouldn't be surprised if they just trying to get rid of their stock to make space for the PS3 Slim.

I just got an email saying my order is delayed until the 24th, and three emails saying I will have blurays from netflix on Saturday :(

[quote name='rally9x']I just got an email saying my order is delayed until the 24th, and three emails saying I will have blurays from netflix on Saturday :([/QUOTE]

Maybe by then a 20% off coupon will show up somewhere.

bread's done
Back