Nintendo Gamecube Platinum Console (New) - $56 shipped

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
An Amazon marketplace seller has the best price I've seen on a brand new system in a while. Used and refurb systems go for around $40-45 shipped, so for $10 more you can get a new one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00006IJJI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

$51 + $4.98 shipping from the 2nd seller, "Games & Electronics Online", 99% positive feedback and over 3700 lifetime ratings.

41GFKKDBD3L._SS500_.jpg

Gamestop moved all thier NEW gamecube systems to used for 29.99 so this is really no deal. Just walk in to any gamestop and ask for a new one.

[quote name='arcurifisher']Gamestop moved all thier NEW gamecube systems to used for 29.99 so this is really no deal. Just walk in to any gamestop and ask for a new one.[/QUOTE]

Hmm really?

you can try checking out your local TRU too... mine had two plat cubes clearanced for $50. I bought one, but then returned it... even at $50 the price doesn't seem right regardless of the new condition.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Yep. Saw it on Sunday when I walked in for the B2G1 deal.[/QUOTE]

Really.. usually i see that sack of recycled boxes for the wii w/ their price displayed. I usually figured that it would be just that.. but im in for 1.. I use to take my GC + gba player and go to my friends house hook it up to his GC so we could do zelda 4 swords (which btw they better release for DS/DSi+wii).. great game. but im in for one even for a oversized GBA :) and I used my Sony PS1 LCD screen as the display. made for a frankenstein-ish setup which worked well .. Ill have to start doing some calls and visiting stores.

There's really no reason to buy this. Just put that money towards a Wii. This thing can't even do component video.

[quote name='Vegan']There's really no reason to buy this. Just put that money towards a Wii. This thing can't even do component video.[/QUOTE]

Wrong this thing can do 480p with component cables. But the problem is that the official ones are crazy expensive.

[quote name='Vegan']There's really no reason to buy this. Just put that money towards a Wii. This thing can't even do component video.[/QUOTE]

Vegan and Blackhole82,

While you are mostly right, the Gamecube does allow compatibility with the Gameboy Player. Not the biggest deal in the world, but there ARE a couple things the Gamecube does that Wii does not.

(If somebody knows how I can use the GB Player with my Wii, PLEASE let me know. I really see no other reason to keep my big bulky cube)

[quote name='arcurifisher']Gamestop moved all thier NEW gamecube systems to used for 29.99 so this is really no deal. Just walk in to any gamestop and ask for a new one.[/QUOTE]When did they do that? are they allowed to by Nintendo?

[quote name='vze21gwa']When did they do that? are they allowed to by Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

Of course since they are selling them as "used".

Hmm, never bought off of the amazon marketplace, not sure this deal is worth me losing my virginity to amazon.

[quote name='chosen1s']Vegan and Blackhole82,

While you are mostly right, the Gamecube does allow compatibility with the Gameboy Player. Not the biggest deal in the world, but there ARE a couple things the Gamecube does that Wii does not.

(If somebody knows how I can use the GB Player with my Wii, PLEASE let me know. I really see no other reason to keep my big bulky cube)[/QUOTE]

You would really endorse spending $70 for the ability to play GBA games on a TV?

[quote name='Vegan']You would really endorse spending $70 for the ability to play GBA games on a TV?[/QUOTE]

Cough h*mebr*w cough

This isn't bad if you're a collector. If you really want a Cube as a gaming rig and don't want to get Wii, though, you can get a used system for a lot cheaper from several outlets.

I'd spend $29 for a new one. Helluva a lot cheaper than a Wii for what are essentially the same (great) games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my cube for 49 at walmart last summer on clearence. It woulda been nice for a bit cheaper, but at the time cubes were becoming scarce(sealed that is) and I hate buying used systems.

[quote name='Vegan']There's really no reason to buy this. Just put that money towards a Wii. This thing can't even do component video.[/QUOTE]I already have a Wii, so much for that.

Otherwise, for 50 bucks, for a brand-new GCN, hard to pass up, IMHO.

Besides, I could use another GCN controller.

I already have an extra (unopened) Gamecube that I bought at Circuit City four years ago. It was just as the component cable jack version was disappearing from stores. For whatever reason, CC still had tons of these on the shelf. This was also around the time that the GC component cables were still available from most importers (RIP Lik Sang).

As was mentioned earlier, no US Platinum version should have this capability. Only Black and Indigo units manufactured pre-2004 had the compatible jack.

Anyway, if you missed out on the Gamcube/Component thing back in the day it's no big deal. This whole issue was rendered moot for the most part when the Wii came out. Unless you need to play GBA games at 480p (via the GB Player), the Wii should do just fine.

ARE YOU PLUGGING YOUR OWN AMAZON STUFF AND PRETENDING IT"S A DEAL?

I only ask because the op sounds like a sales pitch....."This many feedback and this much that" that's pr speak.

good luck

[quote name='BackInBlack']Of course since they are selling them as "used".[/QUOTE]But wouldn't nintendo raise a stink about that since they are losing profits on GS selling them used?

Are you guys sure that all GameStops around the country converted their Gamecubes to "used"? I just called around to a few in my area and they only claimed to have refurbished systems.

[quote name='neschamp']Are you guys sure that all GameStops around the country converted their Gamecubes to "used"? I just called around to a few in my area and they only claimed to have refurbished systems.[/QUOTE]

I just grabbed one of three from my gamestop. The girl working said she had been told to mark the gamecubes as used last week. They only had purple which I was hoping for black but my first gamecube was also purple so its alright.

[quote name='neschamp']Are you guys sure that all GameStops around the country converted their Gamecubes to "used"? I just called around to a few in my area and they only claimed to have refurbished systems.[/QUOTE]

That's the part that doesn't make any sense to me. Why would gamestop sell it used when they can sell it at the same price as new?

[quote name='djSyndrome']Why buy a system just for a GC controller when you can get a brand new one that matches your Wii?[/QUOTE]

Oh nice white one to match Wii. I don't believe Nintendo US ever release a white version. Too bad black controller is gone already, especially with Wii black is coming. Nintendo should have release more Gamecube controller when they released Smash Bros Brawl

Yikes Shipping at US$ 10.90. $20 more and you get a cube to go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='appleyum']That's the part that doesn't make any sense to me. Why would gamestop sell it used when they can sell it at the same price as new?[/QUOTE]

Has to do with how they report profit margins on used versus new.

Also, considering how old the consoles were, they probably wrote them off as a loss before they unboxed them--that would increase the reported profit even more.

Its all about how they do their accounting.

While I was at TRU yesterday, I saw new platinum gamecube bundles sitting in their electronics closet (they still use the 'grab ticket, take to desk' system); marked at $50. Might want to check that out instead; save on shipping and get the console right away.

bread's done
Back