What is the Oldest System You Own/Have Played?

HurricaneAndrew

CAG Veteran
Well?

Mine is a tie between the Atari VCS (2600) and the Odyssey 2. I actually own both. Would probably kill for an original Odyssey, though.

One that I owned and strictly a console: an Intellivision. Didn't have the proper TV hook-ups for it if I remembered correctly, so I never played with it.

The one that I owned and played to death was the NES/Famicom. Damn I wish I could still play a round or two of Duck Hunt.

Oldest I played? Does Pong count? Otherwise, probably the Atari 2600.

Oldest I currently own: that would have to be the original NES. I never did get another Atari, but it's on my to-do list.

Oldest I own is the Atari 2600, light 6 switch. Oldest game I played would probably be Combat since that was packed in with the 2600. Though I wasn't born when it came out...

There were a bunch of Pong-like games released prior to the 2600, and I remember playing those. The first arcade game I remember playing was Lunar Lander. I currently own a 2600, and wish I kept m,y heavy sixer given their worth nowadays.

[quote name='crystalklear64']An Apple II[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I remember having an Apple II when I was a wee lad in the Philippines. I was addicted to Taipei and that Egyptian Adventure game that I don't remember what's it called.

Come to think of it, I wonder if it still works. I should have it shipped here or something.

[quote name='Josef']Oldest I played? Does Pong count? Otherwise, probably the Atari 2600.

Oldest I currently own: that would have to be the original NES. I never did get another Atari, but it's on my to-do list.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same for me. Although, I have no plans to buy another 2600.

I had Radio Shack Pong with a Lightgun, but I think that came out after the 2600.

Oldest owned/played - Atari 2600 (VCS?)
Oldest still working - Coleco Gemini (2600 knock off)
16k8e4p.jpg

When our woodgrain 2600 broke in the early 80's, we wanted to get another one, but we found a system at Sears that claimed to play the same games as a 2600. So we bought it and all the 2600 games worked fine. I cant remember what the system was called, but last time I checked (a few years ago) it still worked. Maybe I'll rescue it from my parents house the next time I visit.

Anyone up for some Plague Attack? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an original Atari with packaging somewhere and a few games (still works WOOT!). Then I guess it would be either my brick GameBoy (don't know if it still works), my GameGear (think I need to tinker with it to work), or my SNES (works awesomely).

My first was Atari Pong. Then we had what I think was called a Coleco Telstar. The first programmable console we had was a Fairchild Video Entertainment System in '76 or '77. It came out just before the Atari VCS, which we got in 1979.

I'm currently in a videogame downcycle and hardly play anything except Rockband.

Oldest fucntional console is the top loader NES- although my brother has my front loader on perma-loan, so I guess that still counts as mine.

There's a broken Atari 2600 ('vader' model) in my closet... somehow I still hold out hope that one day I'll get working. In all likelyhood I'll end up mounting the motherboard in a shadowbox and turn the casing into a desk set.

Oldest I've played is an Atari, I believe.

I really don't have the shelfspace to accomodate the older systems- I'd make room for the Atari if I ever got it to work, or if I ever found a Vectrex for sale (they used to bring one to the retro game room at my anime con. That thing was awesome.)

My fiance's pretty sure the old family Intellivison is still around somewhere, but he's never been able to find it. I'd sure like to see it, though.

Hrmm... NES, but it's not hooked up, might not even work anymore... If you mean Oldest System that you still have hooked up and play... I have 2 Dreamcasts hooked up, 1 Japanese & 1 U.S. system. :)

Oldest I have and have played and still work is the Commodore 64 and a Atari pinball system called the "V380 Pinball". Story with that one goes that my dad won it in a raffle sometime before 1977(He even still has the instruction manual), maybe someone can explain to me how all of our old ataris still work and the SNES on up to current systems constantly on the fritz. Anyways that is my story.

Oldest I have is Sega Genesis/32x/CD hooked up in my spare room at my house. I have a NES put up somehwere at my parents.

My grandmother had an Intellivision (she still might have it, I think), and my dad had an Atari. Na was good about letting me play but dad wouldn't let me near QBert and friends. :p

My very own first console was an NES, though. It's in a bag with all the cables somewhere in here, and I haven't had the time to clean and replace the 72pin thing.

Probably Atari VCS. I was 5 when my grandfather bought one - around 1979. My parents refused to pay for video games ("they rot your brain") but I would always look forward to going to my grandparents' place - I'd get there and head straight for the basement. It wasn't until summer 1986 that I saved enough money to buy a NES. Ahhh, good times...

The oldest console that I own is probably my odyssey 2, though I haven't tested it. I'm not sure how old the Vectrex is, but it's probably up there as well. Sadly, I only have the built in game for that system.

Still have a working Commodore Vic-20 with data cassette loader at my parents house, oldest I currently own is a Vectrex.

I had the old wood grain Atari 2600. Funny thing is that I was ashamed to have it when all my friends had the NES. Now, it's hip and cool again.

Oldest system I have hooked up at the moment is my Japanese Saturn. I can't stop playing X-Men vs Street Fighter or Waku Waku 7.

Well, the Intellivision came out less than a year after the Atari VCS, so the oldest I've played and own would be the 2600. I have two wood grain models, but as far as I know, only one of them works.

In my opinion, the 2600 doesn't have many games worth playing enough to go through the trouble of getting the damn thing to work. The last time I tried it didn't happen, and it took my uncle and I the better part of an hour to get it all together. I really would like to try the Intellivision, though. My grandpa picked it up with a game for five dollars at a garage sale.

The oldest console I have hooked up now would be a model 2 Genesis, though the FC Twin plays NES games flawlessly.

Atari 2600. We had the smaller version. My sister and I would play Grand Prix and laugh like hell when the cars crashed, the screen flashed and it made the funniest sound ever. We eventually played it exclusively for the crashes. One day, my mom gave it away to my elementary school, who promptly threw it away. That one still stings.

The oldest console I own now is an NES (actually four), but it's not in use. I use the Messiah Generation NEX, and that works for what I need.

bread's done
Back