Elite Beat Agents (DS) $10 w/Free Shipping at Buy.com

I just want to reinforce what everybody is saying: for 10 bucks, you can't afford not to own this game if you have a DS, it's great for 30, it's awesome for 10!

Game of the Forever. Was totally worth full retail, and at $10 you should almost feel guilty for getting so much for so little. I still kind of prefer the Ouendan games overall, but EBA is a great gateway drug.

I'll be the naysayer :lol:

I bought if for probably $5 a few years back. It was fairly charming, but the gameplay is terrible as it's just a rhythm game. If you *like* rhythm games, you'll like it. If not, you're not going to get much out of it. I wouldn't have bought it over again at $5, and certainly not $10.

I would actually reccomend AGAINST this game. It's alright and all but the sound quality is poor, the covers (yes covers) on most are pretty poor and all and all there's not much to it.

I got it for $10 and really didn't feel it was worth it.

The two haters can get over themselves. This game was worth the full price I paid for it years ago. If you like music games at all, you should already own this. If you do not, then you owe it to your CAG self to get it.

Dude, I said I don't like rhythm games, so anyone looking at this can know "hey, if I don't like them, this game probably isn't going to change my mind". For me, I wouldn't spend $3 on it, because I don't like the genre.

How does Elite Beat Agents, which I've never played, compare to Rhythm Heaven, which I absolutely loved?

Sorry to ask nit-picky questions, but--well, you know what the "C" in "CAG" stands for.

[quote name='raarar']The two haters can get over themselves. This game was worth the full price I paid for it years ago. If you like music games at all, you should already own this. If you do not, then you owe it to your CAG self to get it.[/QUOTE]

You need to get over yourself if you think everyone needs to feel the same about certain games as you do. I played through this game once and I might go back and play it again. I'm definitely not going to ram it down someone's throat though. It was just OK to me but it didn't grab onto me and not let go as it did for some of you guys.

Anyone with some cheap credit to burn at GS can get this for $9.99 used before any discounts.

Aww, I thought I was getting a mega deal by getting this for $12 with a case and styluses from Wal-Mart (Where they charge $30 for the game alone)

[quote name='shoe478']You need to get over yourself if you think everyone needs to feel the same about certain games as you do. I played through this game once and I might go back and play it again. I'm definitely not going to ram it down someone's throat though. It was just OK to me but it didn't grab onto me and not let go as it did for some of you guys.

Anyone with some cheap credit to burn at GS can get this for $9.99 used before any discounts.[/QUOTE]
AMEN! My thoughts exactly. I like the rythem genre, this game was just so-so, for the very valid reasons I listed above. Just giving my thoughts, no saying it's the same for everyone.

EBA is by far the best music game I've played. Whereas games like Guitar Hero simply replicate playing an instrument, EBA actively involves you in the music itself. When you really get into the groove of the music, it's an amazing experience.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'll be the naysayer :lol:

I bought if for probably $5 a few years back. It was fairly charming, but the gameplay is terrible as it's just a rhythm game. If you *like* rhythm games, you'll like it. If not, you're not going to get much out of it. I wouldn't have bought it over again at $5, and certainly not $10.[/QUOTE]
Tempting price but I found out from Space Channel 5 I do not like rhythm games. However, both of them definitely have unique style.

[quote name='appleyum']Tempting price but I found out from Space Channel 5 I do not like rhythm games. However, both of them definitely have unique style.[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned here, Space Channel 5 convinced me I didn't like rhythm games either. It even made me reluctant to try Guitar Hero.

What I think was wrong with SC5 was its very unforgiving call-and-response format that gave you no feedback until the end of your response.

EBA is different from SC5, and more like GH, in that you are tapping in time with the music rather than trying to copy a beat pattern you've just heard.

Hans

[quote name='appleyum']Tempting price but I found out from Space Channel 5 I do not like rhythm games. However, both of them definitely have unique style.[/QUOTE]

That's a great comparison. Parapa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy fall into that category too (actually created the category as far as I know). All four of those have charm oozing out at the seams, but I can't stand the actual gameplay. I'd rather watch some clever movie version of them or something. Just the basic gameplay in these does almost nothing for me.

Kick, punch, it's all in the mind!

This is a STEAL.

Absolutely buy this game for only $10. You'd be very silly not too. I was one of the few who bought it upon its original release and still love it to this day. Arguably the finest DS game out there. Grab it NOW!

Thanks for front-paging this Cheapy, you're doing people a huge favor for letting them know about this.

This was the game that caused me to import other games for the first time (Ouendan and Ouendan 2, the spiritual prequel/sequels to EBA). Trust me, you will be hooked and you'll want more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, so many positive comments... and I am a big fan of rhythm games. Alright CAG, you got me again, I am in for one.

Would totally pick up on this if I didn't already own Elite Beat Agents; decent game. Would be fantastic with a better choice of songs. The potential for awesomeness exists.

[quote name='adamical']One of the very best games on DS, and the only one I own.[/QUOTE]

I only own one game too, it's called a flashcard.

Funny, When i tried to sell this game sealed/new for 8$ on here, everyone scoffed it saying they could get it for 5$ on ebay or something like that, but now at 10$ this is a steal. I guess it just needed the cheapy post to make it a "good deal".

[quote name='reicaden']Funny, When i tried to sell this game sealed/new for 8$ on here, everyone scoffed it saying they could get it for 5$ on ebay or something like that, but now at 10$ this is a steal. I guess it just needed the cheapy post to make it a "good deal".[/QUOTE]

At least you aren't bitter about it.

[quote name='reicaden']Funny, When i tried to sell this game sealed/new for 8$ on here, everyone scoffed it saying they could get it for 5$ on ebay or something like that, but now at 10$ this is a steal. I guess it just needed the cheapy post to make it a "good deal".[/QUOTE]
Some people have pointed out that this isn't the best deal that's been around for this game.

bread's done
Back