Welcome Home! Chibi-Robo! Happy Rich Great Cleaning! announced for Japan - July 23rd

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
The title (Okaeri! Chibi Robo! Happii Ricchii OoSouji) appeared on a Nintendo Japan release list and on Amazon Japan. Today, a scan from Corocoro officially announced this title.
Official Japanese Site (Has Gameplay videos and info)
Siliconera translation of info

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=85680
chibi_1.jpg

As the title says, and the scan confirms, Chibi-Robo will return to the House in this DS game, presumably to clean up the place with its vacuum. The release date for Japan is currently set for next month, July 25th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Park Patrol was engrossingly addicting and fun, they should re-release that one to all stores and then release this one shortly thereafter. Or maybe release them together in a "we're sorry about that stupid Wal-mart failure" bundle.

Wal-mart exclusive = fail. Even worse, to this day my local WM has yet to put CR:pP on clearance, they still have a full row of them for $29.99.

I was just wanting to play a new Chibi-Robo game yesterday. Wow, out so soon in Japan? Nice!

I agree with Kerig, I hope they don't do that Wal-Mart exclusive crap again if/when they release it here.

I really enjoyed the original for the GameCube, so it's nice to see that Chibi is back in the house for this one. Park Patrol was okay, but it really left me wanting something more like the original.

Skip is one of my favorite developers. I love their games. GiFTPiA, Chibi-Robo, Captain Rainbow - they're all unique, a bit quirky, but just a blast to play. I usually import their games since I never know if they'll get released outside of Japan, but I'll probably wait and see if this one comes out in English, which I hope it does.

They'll probably use the abysmal sales figures of the last DS title to justify not releasing it over here :(

So stupid; Walmart shoppers=/=Chibi-Robo fans

>"Wal-mart exclusive = fail. Even worse, to this day my local WM has yet to put CR:pP on clearance, they still have a full row of them for $29.99."

If the game is still selling well enough for the store to keep it at full retail, it can't have been too horrible of a failure. ;)

the walmart logo greatly devalued the game just like how the TRU logo greatly devalued Soul Bubbles. both great titles, but made some poor decisions in who have the vending rights, lol.

If you don't want the Wal-mart logo, buy it from Canada or the Nintendo store in NYC. (That's where I got mine, and they said the un-branded games came from Canada.)

Park Patrol was nowhere near as good as the original. Glad he's back home.

I find it hilarious that a tiny piece of art work devailued a game so much.

PP was fun, and hopefuly they will release the new one here.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/02/new-chibi-robo-is-like-classic-chibi-robo/
More info has been revealed. It's more of a sequel to the original, since the house that Chibi Robo is cleaning belongs to a grown-up Jenny (The little girl from the first game) and her family.

As Siliconera points out, they added four gameplay videos to the official site. Just click on the pink heart to go to the media page, then click any of the photographs except for the first one on the left, and finally hit the play button below the video. There are other videos on other parts of the site, like the character videos in the story section.

imageFans of Chibi-Robo should enjoy Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Rich Oosouji (Welcome Home Chibi-Robo! Happy, Rich Big Sweep). The two games are pretty similar. Players pick up trash, sweep floors, and do chores to keep Jenny and her family happy.

Yes, Jenny the little girl who had a thing for frogs is all grown up. She has a boy named Keith who loves wrestling, a dog called Lucky, and Chibi-Robo! Unlike Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol this game takes place inside a house — a messy house you have to clean up. Chibi-Robo has a toothbrush to scrub floors and a new vacuum cleaner to suck up dust.

Chibi-Robo also has a little sifter which can separate dirt from precious gems. These are traded inside Chibi-Robo’s little home for money, which he uses to purchase furniture from a home shopping network. Since Chibi-Robo is so tiny he has to “dance” on a phone to place an order. How adorable.

There are a few gameplay movies of Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Rich Oosouji over at the official page, which Nintendo finally opened. Welcome Home Chibi-Robo! Happy, Rich Big Sweep is scheduled to come out in Japan on July 23. A North American release has not been announced at this time.

Just recently bought this game from Amazon for just a little over $4 from a marketplace seller. I loved the original Gamecube title, but the trailers I saw for the DS sequel never looked very interesting to me. Finally, I decided to give the game a try, at a price-point I felt comfortable with. Seriously, there's not much I wouldn't try for less than $5.

Although I've only played a little more than an hour, I've been blown away with the quality of this title. Although I enjoyed the premise of a huge house to explore like in the first title more, this sequel is quickly growing on me. The characters are just as marvelous as ever, and controls of Chibi go off without too much of a hitch. The environments are well-enough detailed to get the job done, although I wish the 3D could have been cleaned up a bit. 3D on the DS just always looks somewhat blocky, but I suppose that's to be expected.

I'm really sorry this game didn't get mass-released. Limiting Chibi Robo: Park Patrol to Wal-mart only was a ridiculous move.

Utopianmachine, did you buy the US Park Patrol, or the Japanese release (Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Oosouji) of last year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think my question warrants a new thread so I'll ask here:
Are DS games region coded?
I'm thinking of picking up some Japanese games but am not sure if they'll play on my American DSiXL.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']I don't think my question warrants a new thread so I'll ask here:
Are DS games region coded?
I'm thinking of picking up some Japanese games but am not sure if they'll play on my American DSiXL.[/QUOTE]

If they are DS game than they are region free. If they have DSi function they will be region locked for DSi but works on any DS Lite

[quote name='62t']If they are DS game than they are region free. If they have DSi function they will be region locked for DSi but works on any DS Lite[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

bread's done
Back