Pre-Order SMT: Persona PSP! Soundtrack w/ ALL 1st Prints Gamestop & Amazon

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
First print Runs of SMT: Persona for the PSP will have the soundtrack included. Gamestop's website makes it sound like it is a pre-order/special thing but all first print (only print maybe?) will have the soundtrack included. Amazon's page makes no mention of the soundtrack as of 6/21 but rest assured ATLUS has said the game will ship with a soundtrack. So pre-order it! :)

Gamestop Link:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75226

Amazon Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-T..._5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1245565029&sr=1-5

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the pack-in that comes with the game (in the same way that Persona 3 came packed in the soundtrack and the artbook). I remember reading an article on either IGN or Gamespot about it, but I haven't been able to find the link.

They sent out an email to the "Atlus Faithful" saying that the soundtrack would come in all first run copies of the game (all copies on release day will have this as a pack-in, same thing they said with Dark Spire) so don't worry!

[quote name='profanedic']They sent out an email to the "Atlus Faithful" saying that the soundtrack would come in all first run copies of the game (all copies on release day will have this as a pack-in, same thing they said with Dark Spire) so don't worry![/QUOTE]

They say that about every game they release these days... it'll probably be available for a long time after release.

oh woops you are right. it is boxed together. could a mod delete/close this. Either that or I will edit the title and move this into discussion (if there isn't already one)

Boy I feel like a tard. Insults now welcome in my direction ;)

I've been playing Persona 4 and really loving it but my god this game does not appear to have aged well. As someone who didn't play it back in the day do you think I'll enjoy it now?

Well Persona 1 is nothing like Persona 3 and 4, and it's a pretty average RPG.
Pretty much the entire game is a first-person dungeon crawler, and it's true that the people who have played it now instead of back then end up not really liking it.

But that's mainly for the PSX version, I don't know exactly how much was added in this version.

As much as I like 3 and 4, this being pretty faithful to the original, I've a feeling the story, character interaction, and growth are minimal. It sounds like pretty much a dungeon crawler. Not sure whether I'm picking it up. Will keep the preorder bonus in mind though. Thank OP!

i don't think the original persona was ever localized for the US market -- so this is the only opportunity you have to play it unless you can read Japanese.

I'm fairly confident that I will be buying a PSP just to play this game.

[quote name='daminion']i don't think the original persona was ever localized for the US market -- so this is the only opportunity you have to play it unless you can read Japanese.

I'm fairly confident that I will be buying a PSP just to play this game.[/QUOTE]

Persona Revelations was on the PS1. I sold my US copy for $85+ on eBay as soon as I heard of the PSP version. Obviously not regretting that now. A lot of people I know did the same thing once the PSP version was announced.

[quote name='daminion']i don't think the original persona was ever localized for the US market -- so this is the only opportunity you have to play it unless you can read Japanese.

I'm fairly confident that I will be buying a PSP just to play this game.[/QUOTE]

No, it was definately localized for the PS1 in NA.

so does everyone think the price on the PS1 version will absolutely plummet once the PSP version comes out? I noticed that Marvel Vs Capcom 2 has dropped in price since the XBLA & PSN versions were announced (I would assume it drops even more when the game is available for download)

I really want a copy of Persona 1 for the PS1 (for collection purposes) but I refuse to pay $80-$100 for one when I know this one is coming out.

I wonder if this OST will be as repetitive and catchy as the other Persona games.

OOOOH YEAH

DUH NUH NUH NUH
DUH NUH NUH NUH

BABY BAYYYBYYYY

DUH NUH NUH NUH
DUH NUH NUH NUH!

now it's in your head too!

[quote name='daminion']i don't think the original persona was ever localized for the US market -- so this is the only opportunity you have to play it unless you can read Japanese.[/QUOTE]

As many have already pointed out, it was localized (pretty badly) for the PS1, under the short-lived Revelations line.

This PSP release is pretty much a port of the original, with cleaned up graphics and the re-addition of a side quest that was removed in the PS1 localization due to time constraints.

Actually PSP release has ALOT of changes. They bastardized the original changing names, making one guy black, etc. This should be completely unedited with original names, dialogs, changing how the map works, and so on.

Also I personally loved the songs in Persona 3 & 4. The battle music was fast paced and catchy and didnt have the annoying random battle music that alot of other rpg's had.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']so does everyone think the price on the PS1 version will absolutely plummet once the PSP version comes out? I noticed that Marvel Vs Capcom 2 has dropped in price since the XBLA & PSN versions were announced (I would assume it drops even more when the game is available for download)

I really want a copy of Persona 1 for the PS1 (for collection purposes) but I refuse to pay $80-$100 for one when I know this one is coming out.[/QUOTE]

Some games do and some games don't. I know that Star Ocean 2 dropped a bit once the PSP version came out. But games like FFVII and Valkyrie Profile tend to still go high even after a re-release is out.

[quote name='Brian9824']Actually PSP release has ALOT of changes. They bastardized the original changing names, making one guy black, etc. This should be completely unedited with original names, dialogs, changing how the map works, and so on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I meant that it's "pretty much a port of the original". I was referring to the original Japanese release, with Mark being white, etc.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']so does everyone think the price on the PS1 version will absolutely plummet once the PSP version comes out? I noticed that Marvel Vs Capcom 2 has dropped in price since the XBLA & PSN versions were announced (I would assume it drops even more when the game is available for download)
[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think prices will drop. Persona is a game for collectors always has and always will be. The reason the prices went down on FFVII and MvC2 was because most of the demand for them was from the non-hardcore. It was from casual/semi-casual gamers looking to try out some of the seminal games from their respective genres. Once they heard that they could get them from XBLA/PSN, they could've cared less if it was a physical or digital copy.

Collectors, like yourself, will always want a physical copy. Persona 1 had an incredibly low print run and was never reprinted. Thus, it is highly saught after.

[quote name='WhiteLens']But games like FFVII and Valkyrie Profile tend to still go high even after a re-release is out.[/QUOTE]

Um, FFVII crashed and burned after the PSN release. Most completed listings are ending at $40, which is down from ~$100 in March of 2008. I guess $40 is high when you consider it could be had for $20 new at one point, but it had a huge drop due entirely to the re-release. Its even losing points on Goozex, I believe.

[quote name='jkimrey']Excellent - thanks for the notice!

Hmm - might be missing it, but I don't see mention of the soundtrack at the amazon link? Could that be a Gamestop exclusive?[/QUOTE]

Per Atlus, every copy of the first run of the game will come with the double disc soundtrack. No reason to order from GS on this one.

[quote name='WhiteLens']Well Persona 1 is nothing like Persona 3 and 4, and it's a pretty average RPG.
Pretty much the entire game is a first-person dungeon crawler, and it's true that the people who have played it now instead of back then end up not really liking it.

But that's mainly for the PSX version, I don't know exactly how much was added in this version.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking forward to this one for a while, and have looked at what is different between this one and the PS1 release. Fortunately, the first-person sequences have been replaced by the third person dungeons the rest of the series had, starting with Persona 2. The US PS1 release changed the setting from Japan to America, and removed or replaced all the Japanese references, holidays, names, and even character likenesses to ones they felt appealed more to Western audiences. The translation of the PS1 release was literal and clunky. They've fixed that. They also said they will include content not found in the original US release, though I am not sure if this will be entirely new content, or content removed from the first U.S. release but present in the original Japan release. They also said that many of the series later changes will be made to this one, though they did not elaborate. Probably menus and interface issues.

One question though - why would you want the soundtrack CDs? Persona 3 and 4 each took close to 90 hours on the first playthrough, and after listening to the same tracks endlessly repeated for 90 hours, the last thing you want to do is hear it even more!

I really want a copy of Persona 1 for the PS1 (for collection purposes) but I refuse to pay $80-$100 for one when I know this one is coming out.[/QUOTE]

As someone who has played through Persona 1 on the psx (and was blown away by it at the time), I can tell you that it's really only worth owning for collection purposes. My adolescent self made sense of the story, but from an adult perspective the entire translation is unintelligible. At the very best, the game could serve as a collectors item in terms of what happens when you try to "over-localize" a very region specific game.

I think there's a good chance that Amazon will have an exclusive pre-order bonus, probably an artbook. Wasn't Persona 4's "Visual Data" an Amazon exclusive?

[quote name='rebenns']One question though - why would you want the soundtrack CDs? Persona 3 and 4 each took close to 90 hours on the first playthrough, and after listening to the same tracks endlessly repeated for 90 hours, the last thing you want to do is hear it even more![/QUOTE]

It's the same for me with all music: don't listen to it (or in this case play the game either) for a while, and pick it up later. It becomes fresh and fun again. I still listen to Deep Breath, Deep Breath, and Kimi no Kioku at least 4 times a week. They're so catchy, and Kimi no Kioku has amazing piano parts.

@11440: Visual Data, as far as I'm aware, was a regular pre-order bonus you were also able to get elsewhere. Aside from the Social Link Expansion pack which was Amazon exclusive, you may be thinking of the P4 Official Design Works which, as far as I'm aware, was Amazon exclusive (and damn me for not being quick enough to get one when they first came up for preorder).

I would love to order this but god dammit Amazon's recent Goldbox picks for me have been completely random and useless: vacuum cleaners, dog food, can openers... things I've never even looked at and I'm the only one who uses this computer or shops at Amazon so I know it couldn't have been cross recorded with someone else from my family.

[quote name='Nirron']It's the same for me with all music: don't listen to it (or in this case play the game either) for a while, and pick it up later. It becomes fresh and fun again. I still listen to Deep Breath, Deep Breath, and Kimi no Kioku at least 4 times a week. They're so catchy, and Kimi no Kioku has amazing piano parts.

@11440: Visual Data, as far as I'm aware, was a regular pre-order bonus you were also able to get elsewhere. Aside from the Social Link Expansion pack which was Amazon exclusive, you may be thinking of the P4 Official Design Works which, as far as I'm aware, was Amazon exclusive (and damn me for not being quick enough to get one when they first came up for preorder).[/QUOTE]

P4 Official Design Works was not an Amazon exclusive. I bought it from YesAsia, where it seems to still be available.

[quote name='11440']P4 Official Design Works was not an Amazon exclusive. I bought it from YesAsia, where it seems to still be available.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow thanks. I guess I just lumped in that artbook with the S. Link expansion pack. Ordered one :)

[quote name='rebenns']One question though - why would you want the soundtrack CDs? Persona 3 and 4 each took close to 90 hours on the first playthrough, and after listening to the same tracks endlessly repeated for 90 hours, the last thing you want to do is hear it even more![/QUOTE]

You'd think that, but I just bought the soundtrack to Phantasy Star Online and I played that game for 750+ hours. If you really like a game, the music is something you will always enjoy no matter how much you hear it.

[quote name='Vinny']I would love to order this but god dammit Amazon's recent Goldbox picks for me have been completely random and useless: vacuum cleaners, dog food, can openers... things I've never even looked at and I'm the only one who uses this computer or shops at Amazon so I know it couldn't have been cross recorded with someone else from my family.[/QUOTE]

Try reverse-psychology- take a look at dog food and see if Persona appears then ;).

[quote name='Vinny']I would love to order this but god dammit Amazon's recent Goldbox picks for me have been completely random and useless: vacuum cleaners, dog food, can openers... things I've never even looked at and I'm the only one who uses this computer or shops at Amazon so I know it couldn't have been cross recorded with someone else from my family.[/QUOTE]

Ya, mines been packed with random DVD's/books mostly, with 1 or 2 gaming related items squeezed in. 1 Holy day I had all games in there, though I didn't want any of them.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Ya, mines been packed with random DVD's/books mostly, with 1 or 2 gaming related items squeezed in. 1 Holy day I had all games in there, though I didn't want any of them.[/QUOTE]

If I get games at all they are ones I already own. Have had Order of Ecclesia like 3 times.

bread's done
Back