CAG Carcassonne Tournament

Kevlar281

CAGiversary!
I’ve been thinking about setting this up for awhile. I love this game and play it almost everyday. Unfortunately the community has been a bit sparse lately; hopefully this will revitalize some interest in one of my favorite XBLA games.

Tournament Rules:

Players – Two players per game.

Scoring – Games will be played with standard ranked Xbox Live Carcassonne rules.

Regular Games – Single Elimination

Championship Game – Will be best of three.

Game Results – Players have one week to establish a mutually amicable time to play their game. In the event that no day or time can be agreed upon the winner will be decided by coin flip. Failure to post game results will result in the game winner being eliminated from the tournament. I reserve the right to automatically advance any player in the event their opponent fails to make any effort to communicate available game times.

Deadline – The deadline to enter the tournament is 10:00 AM CST, Monday (06/22/09).

Prizes – The tournament winner* will be able to pick from six Xbox 360 games that I have acquired through CAG over the past few years for dirt cheap and in many instances free. Take note that these games aren’t anything spectacular but hey free is free.

*In the event I win the tournament the first runner up will be eligible to pick their prize.

So who wants to play?

/edit: Ughh stupid typo in the thread title.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Round:
Green: Player has Advanced to Round 2

Red: Player has been Eliminated

Yellow: Did not Finish

Lord_Kefka (XBL: Stabby Pete) vs. BYE

HotShotX (XBL: ColHotShotX) vs. Shoagie (XBL: h2o Shoagie)

Redeema (XBL: Red The Impaler) vs. half bent (XBL: halfb3nt)

neonglow (XBL: neoape) vs. CYRiX (XBL: i CYRiX i)

cdeener (XBL: cuta) vs. Azumangaman (XBL: Azumangaman)

ZerotypeX (XBL: ZerotypeX) vs. larlee (XBL: Listerfiend)

Viva Las Vegas (XBL: Droppin Loadz) vs. BackInBlack (XBL: TooLateForRoses)

oxidative (XBL: Shesmovedon) vs. Spybreak8 (XBL: Spybreaker)

zsciaeount (XBL:Zsciaeount) vs. Kevlar281 (XBL: CheeseSndwch)

mac101010 (XBL: super size rice) vs. CAMOTON (XBL: Chp12)

maniac (XBL: ZMANIAK) vs. Cleaner7 (XBL: IXI Nikki IXI)

Syngamer (XBL: Syngamer) vs. jello00 (XBL: Jello01)

SoulReaver (XBL: ExploCheese) vs. dopa345 (XBL: Hoboys)

Second Round:
Green: Player has Advanced to Round 3

Yellow: Did not Finish

Viva Las Vegas (XBL: Droppin Loadz) 128 vs. oxidative (XBL: Shesmovedon) 121

cdeener (XBL: cuta) 92 vs. Syngamer (XBL: Syngamer) 111

HotShotX (XBL: ColHotShotX) 78 vs. maniac (XBL: ZMANIAK) 66

CAMOTON (XBL: Chp12) vs. Lord_Kefka (XBL: Stabby Pete)

Kevlar281 (XBL: CheeseSndwch) 124 vs. dopa345 (XBL: Hoboys) 113

Third Round - Semifinals:
Green: Player has Advanced to Round 4

HotShotX (XBL: ColHotShotX) 53 vs. Kevlar281 (XBL: CheeseSndwch) 84

Viva Las Vegas (XBL: Droppin Loadz) 145 vs Syngamer (XBL: Syngamer) 89

Fourth Round - Finals

Kevlar281 (XBL: CheeseSndwch) 91, 87 vs Viva Las Vegas (XBL: Dropping Loadz) 100, 109

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HotShotX']I'm in, just let me know the actual date of play.

Edit: SynGamer, I'm gonna fuck you up. :)

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]
Bitch, bring it! :D

I'm in! GT: DROPPIN LOADZ
I love this game. Sometimes you play people who instantly try and fuck you with every move and others start that style once behind. I never play the f u game until the opponent starts. But in a tourny hmmmm.. ha ha.

Sign me up, if anybody wants a friendly match send me an invite. Lately, I've been playing single player and private matches against a friend.

I'll be seeding the brackets tomorrow morning with a random draw. If anyone else wants to get in, it's not to late.

Sign me up! I love this game. I prefer the real one but any excuse to play is fine by me.

What about the DLC for this game? I never picked it up but I can if needed.

[quote name='oxidative']What about the DLC for this game? I never picked it up but I can if needed.[/QUOTE]

DLC will not be required.

[quote name='mac101010']If there's still space left, I wouldn't mind joining in on the fun.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely. There is no limit on the amount of participants.

First round pairings have been posted. If anyone sees a mistake please let me know. And since there is an odd number of players a First Round BYE was assigned at random.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Sweet so are these matches supposed to go down tonight?[/QUOTE]
I hope not, I have to work tonight in about an hour. I thought I read somewhere that we would have a week to coordinate the match and actually play it.

[quote name='Kevlar281']First Round:
maniac (XBL: ZMANIAK) vs. Cleaner7 (XBL: IXI Nikki IXI)
[/QUOTE]

maniac just beat me. Looks like we have our first Rd. 2 competitor. Thanks for the game!

mac101010 (XBL: super size rice) vs. Camoton (XBL: Chp12)

i beat super size rice
won by default and agreement

Please fix my name is CAMOTON guys you misspelled my name

and that maniac guy sucks just saying

[quote name='BackInBlack']Sweet so are these matches supposed to go down tonight?[/QUOTE]
You have one week to arrange a game.

[quote name='oxidative']I squeaked by with a win, 99 to 97. Thank you!

P.S. Spybreaker, upgrade your 56k modem ;)[/QUOTE]

That was a pretty sweet game actually and I don't mind the loss lol. I always think the game could count things a bit more quicker than it does, that was agonizing to wait for the final results lol.

Yea that satellite gives you a slight delay, lol no no over one, not TWO! back one ok place, ahh time ran out lol. I barely got down one tile and placed a dude because of that.

You should really PM or more directly notify all participants other than just the thread. Otherwise I think you're going to have a few players who have no idea whats going on.

Shoagie, sorry I deleted your FR he other night, I didn't recognize the intent. I'm adding you now.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']You should really PM or more directly notify all participants other than just the thread. Otherwise I think you're going to have a few players who have no idea whats going on.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. PMs sent today, to those who have not posted in this thread since the brackets went up.

bread's done
Back