- - - - -

Bonus 20% cash or 50% credit @ FYE - Now til 8/27?

#211 reininop   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:09 PM

I just went into FYE and asked if they would be willing to give me a bag and they wouldn't. I asked if I purchased a package of Dots if they would give me a bag and they refused. They told me I had to buy something substantial like a DVD or CD before they would give me the bag. It's tempting to not do any business with them, but considering we aren't exactly doing them any favors by unloading this stuff, perhaps I should try harder.

#212 dtsai24   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   19 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

They repeatedly refuse trade-ins for cash. Using "not enough cash in our store" as an excuse. How does a large store not have more than $20 in cash.

#213 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4570 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

SecondSpin Trade in Prices

Full DS List

http://www.secondspi...y=DS&y=9&page=1

Full Xbox List

http://www.secondspi...ry=games&page=1

Wii Full List

http://www.secondspi...=Wii&y=9&page=1

PSP Full List

http://www.secondspi...y=9&x=20&page=1

For some reason I can't figure out how too get PS2 or PS3 :(

Edited by stoned99, 11 July 2009 - 08:16 PM.

Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#214 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

Holy crap stoned. I have no idea how you were able to pull those but that is awesome. I'm definitely gonna look through that tonight (and im sure Jar will have a field day). BTW, I just tried editing the address and putting in Sony and it seems to have come up with PSP, PS2 & PS3 in one list. Quite long though

http://www.secondspi...y=9&x=20&page=1

In return, here are confirmed Big Lots TIV's for today (all base values, so add 20% for cash or 50% for credit)

Animaniacs V1 & 2 - $9
ER Season 2 - 5 cents (down from $10 - OUCH!)
ER Season 3 - $8
ER Season 6, 7, 9 - $10
Dallas Seasons 7, 8 & 9 - $8
History of Rock & Roll - $9
Life Goes On S1 - $8
NBA Dynasty - Lakers History - $13
New Scooby Movies - Best Of - $10
Pinky and the Brain V1 & 2 - $9
Thundercats S1V1 & S1V2 - $13
Wonder Woman Complete Series - $23 (woot!!!)

I'm currently up to $900 in FYE credit and I still have all these to trade (ignore the games)

Spoiler

I've gone to 4 stores and only 1 has anything regarding the 75% bonus credit for games. I am going to the store that had the signs tomorrow, so I will try to get them to look it up in their promotion book to see if its an upcoming deal for nationwide, or if its an old promo and they never took the signs down.

538822.png

#215 Japakneez   You are big foo CAGiversary!   2361 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

LOL Eternal Champions! I won a tournament on that game and have an offical plaque from sega. Just went through my garage yesterday and found it :rofl:

I'm going out to find LA Lakers complete history. Not interested in flips....i just want that set :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

#216 xfade   Friend of CAG CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

The guy I talked to today told me the brown bag stuff is ending tomorrow. Not sure how solid this is, he COULD be steering me away from trading since I have so much lately. But I can confirm he was store manager status.
Posted Image

#217 donniedroc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

I have 2 questions for the thread. I am sitting on around $500 in store credit, and am trying to decide what to do with it.

1) Does FYE carry Blu Ray Players - Sure, I know they carry the PS3, but I am not sure I want to be a :ps3: household (already have :360:, :wii:, and :ds:). Plus, $399 for a Blu Ray player that is also a game console isn't the deal it was a year or so back. So, I was wondering if anyone knows if they carry them in store?

2) LEGOs? -In the few stores I have been in, there have been some media related 'grown up' toys (Gears of War figures, Twilight figures, etc)...but they also have Webkinz and Nerf guns. If I wanted to get LEGOs for the kids (alright myself), would there be a chance in hades any stores would have any?

BTW, I haven't seen anything about a TIV from the Roots box set from Big Lots. I got $18 each for my 2 copies...200% profit isn't bad, but not the $20 originally mentioned.

#218 unforeseen   Crime Scene Investigator CAGiversary!   1736 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

I called the local FYE and the person there stated that the brown bag, extra 20% bump promotion ends August 11. It is on a Tuesday so I do not know if there is any significance to that.

The mystery continues....

#219 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4570 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:26 AM

I have 2 questions for the thread. I am sitting on around $500 in store credit, and am trying to decide what to do with it.

1) Does FYE carry Blu Ray Players - Sure, I know they carry the PS3, but I am not sure I want to be a :ps3: household (already have :360:, :wii:, and :ds:). Plus, $399 for a Blu Ray player that is also a game console isn't the deal it was a year or so back. So, I was wondering if anyone knows if they carry them in store?

2) LEGOs? -In the few stores I have been in, there have been some media related 'grown up' toys (Gears of War figures, Twilight figures, etc)...but they also have Webkinz and Nerf guns. If I wanted to get LEGOs for the kids (alright myself), would there be a chance in hades any stores would have any?

BTW, I haven't seen anything about a TIV from the Roots box set from Big Lots. I got $18 each for my 2 copies...200% profit isn't bad, but not the $20 originally mentioned.

I stocked up on live points. I bought them online.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#220 The Color Chris   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

The Color Chris

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:48 AM

Any jersey people have any luck with the 75% trade bonus. Want to try to get my local manager to bit on calling another store to see if the promo is still on. He said they did honor it but... that it ended last month. I'm okay with that but i do have a little hope i can get it pushed through.
Putting in the work

#221 JAR   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:26 AM

Holy crap stoned. I have no idea how you were able to pull those but that is awesome. I'm definitely gonna look through that tonight (and im sure Jar will have a field day).

I use exactly the same type search as stoned, except I use the Wherehouse.com site.:)

Also, in order to get the ps2 and ps3 tivs, you have to type in "playstation" as a keyword. It will display both ps2 and ps3, so you have to sort through manually, but it's better than nothing.

#222 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:21 AM

i got confirmation from a very well informed and nice manager today that the brown bag does in fact go through the end of the month, wasnt sure of the date of the top of her head, and all movie deals end on tuesdays so the 11th is probably a good date.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#223 PontiusPilate   Climbing People's Soapbox CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

PontiusPilate

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:57 AM

Did my first FYE flip today, got $26.40 cash for Bionic Commando (X360) which is a base of $22. Am I seeing it right out there that people are getting $25? A 22% profit ($4.75) for walking upstairs in the mall was well worth it. I'm hoping to convert some of the $350-450 in GS credit I have to cash here quickly via FYE.

Also, to note, Wheelman (X360) only was $6 for TIV, so I passed on that and took it to BBV.

#224 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

i can verify the lakers set trading in for right around the secondspin listing
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#225 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

Just a heads up, You guys might want to check your Big Lots stuff before trading it in. I've had two sets (Roots & Pinky & The Brain Vol 2) that were missing discs. Various random sets had dirt, scratches ,and some kind of substance that wouldn't come off with water & a cloth.

538822.png

#226 Veronica Mars   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2690 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Veronica Mars

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

I'm currently up to $900 in FYE credit and I still have all these to trade (ignore the games)

Spoiler

:bomb:
I don't know why, but I never feel motivated enough to flip stuff...:/

#227 Tdogg2k8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

FYE's closed near me, so having that much in credit, for t hat store would be pointless for me. i woul dhave to sell my store credit online or something

#228 xfade   Friend of CAG CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

FYE's closed near me, so having that much in credit, for t hat store would be pointless for me. i woul dhave to sell my store credit online or something

Or shop online with your gift card. That's gotta be possible, right?
Posted Image

#229 osugsxr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

do they accept trades of systems? would like to get rid a 40gb ps3, little big planet, ufc game, as well.
also have a 20gb 360 , 2 controllers, steeringwheel, ufc, nascar 09,

#230 Jedi Joe   its clobberin' time CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

how much you think I can get for all this?

PS2:

MGS3 Subsistence
Devil may Cry 1, 2 and 3
silent hill 2, 3 and 4
kingdom hearts 2

gamecube:

resident evil
resident evil 0
MGS twin snakes
super smash brothers melee

360:

gears of war
guitar hero II
assassins creed
fable II
ultimate alliance
dead space
GTA 4
star wars the force unleashed
Lego star wars the complete saga

Wii:

super mario galaxy
resident evil 4
resident evil umbrella chronicles
super smash brothers brawl

psp:

crisis core-FF VII

#231 xfade   Friend of CAG CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

how much you think I can get for all this?

PS2:

MGS3 Subsistence
Devil may Cry 1, 2 and 3
silent hill 2, 3 and 4
kingdom hearts 2

gamecube:

resident evil
resident evil 0
MGS twin snakes
super smash brothers melee

360:

gears of war
guitar hero II
assassins creed
fable II
ultimate alliance
dead space
GTA 4
star wars the force unleashed
Lego star wars the complete saga

Wii:

super mario galaxy
resident evil 4
resident evil umbrella chronicles
super smash brothers brawl

psp:

crisis core-FF VII

If you're completely illiterate in the math department, please put it in the beginning of post to avoid any further flaming.

If you read the original post, it tells you a WEBSITE that can quote all those games for you. If you can add each quote up together ( looks like 26 total games ). If you're able to add those numbers up together, you're halfway there. Now multiply the total buy 0.20 for your cash quote, or 0.45? for credit. Add your original total to the bonus you just calculated, and VOILA.

I helped explain how to add it up, but I won't dare to start looking up 26 games for a lazy CAG. There's my contribution.
Posted Image

#232 xfade   Friend of CAG CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:41 PM

do they accept trades of systems? would like to get rid a 40gb ps3, little big planet, ufc game, as well.
also have a 20gb 360 , 2 controllers, steeringwheel, ufc, nascar 09,

I forgot to ask when I was there. If you check the thread a little later (after the mall's closed) I'll post with what I discovered. My guess is no since I haven't seen any used consoles for sale, but I would love to trade mine with a bonus like THAT.
Posted Image

#233 Jedi Joe   its clobberin' time CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

If you're completely illiterate in the math

Bingo

#234 xfade   Friend of CAG CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

Bingo

Lazy CAG. Expecting everyone to do the work for you. CONTRIBUTE, MAN, CONTRIBUTE!
Posted Image

#235 The Color Chris   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

The Color Chris

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

they don't accept system trades at least the ones i've gone to don't. You can trade it in to gamestop for credit and use that credit for games to flip. If you can find a buy that gets you even the same value as how much you paid think of the bonus on the trade that will help.

If anyone has a FYE in the tri-state area of NJ that is doing the 75% of this deal please pm me their number if possible.
Putting in the work

#236 cheeky   CML CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

Weird. I just called my fye and they said the only trade promo they have going right now is an extra 25% in trade credit. Are these promos generally ymmv?

#237 PontiusPilate   Climbing People's Soapbox CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

PontiusPilate

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:32 PM

Stormrise (X360) has also a $6 TIV base @ FYE.

#238 The Color Chris   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

The Color Chris

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

Weird. I just called my fye and they said the only trade promo they have going right now is an extra 25% in trade credit. Are these promos generally ymmv?

It looks like it. My FYE did say the 75% was valid. Just that it ended last month so perhaps its up to each store to decide how long they want to honor it
Putting in the work

#239 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

Yea, i confirmed with the manager at the store that had the promo up that the promo was from a previous period. Their new promo book shows that the brown bag is the best promo for games.

BTW, you can still use FYE credit at Secondspin & Wherehouse. You basically have to log in and then go back to your cart and there will be an option to use a gift card.

After dropping $300 at the anime event and completely playing for Watchmen on PS3 ($50), i still have $1,168 left. Hopefully Wherehouse is gonna do another one of their 25-30% off new sales. I could really use to stock up on some stuff.

538822.png

#240 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10125 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:32 AM

I hope this will continue. I also hope they won't tank the values, as I still have another six boxsets to trade in.