PS1 Classics on the PS Network Wish List

wildcpac

Banned
Which games do you want to see be released on the PS Network? What are your definate must buys? I have a backlog of 10 or so games and I know if Sony put a couple of titles on the PS Network I woud buy them immediately and play them. So far I have Suikoden 1, Wild Arms 1 and FF 7.

My Wish List is

FF8
FF9
Chrono Trigger Collection
Chrono Cross
Suikoden 2
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Star Ocean 2

Final Fantasy Tactics which is going to be released

Vib Ribbon.

I've got pretty much every PS1 game I want but I would love it if they brought Vib Ribbon over here. It seems like the perfect PSN title.

[quote name='diddy310']FF8
FF9
Kagero: Deception 2
Pandemonium
Dino Crisis
Resident Evil 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Rival Schools[/QUOTE]

Is Deception the Konami game were you set up death traps? I am suprised that game hasn't really caught on. It would be perfect for todays technology. I guess that is what Saw is trying to accomplish.

Decent
Ehergiez
Tomba
Ape Escape

It'd be nice if these games had trophies, and some minor updates. Honestly, I want to see an Ape Escape remake.

oh yeah, definitely agree w/ Pandemonium and Rival Schools. (add 1 and 2).

I'd like to see:

Brave Fencer Musashi
Einhander
Rival Schools
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tomba! 1 and 2
Xenogears

Einhander and Xenogears are what I'd like to see the most on PSN.

Final Fantasy VIII and Chrono Cross. Star Ocean 2. Really, any and all games. If the xbox 360 is offering some xbox games as downloads, Sony should be adding PS2 games to the PSN also but that's probably hoping too much when only now they're finally releasing more PS1 games.

[quote name='Thomas96']It'd be nice if these games had trophies[/QUOTE]
This. It'd definatley be a nice incentive to put down KZ2, Resistance 2, COD WAW, etc. and get to playing some old school PS1 games. I kind of see the PS1 games as just a meh type thing without them.

They already released the Original Metal Gear Solid on it, it was this past week. They should add the VR missions also, that would be nice.

Ape Escape
Breath of Fire IV
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror
Intelligent Qube
Legend of Legaia
Legend of Mana
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Medievil II
Persona
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny II
Tecmo's Deception: Invitation to Darkness
Valkyrie Profile

In no particular order plus most of the ones previously mentioned

Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2
Diablo
Point Blank

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romis']Ace Combat series[/QUOTE]

good choice, cause don't look like we'll ever get to see a new one.

Strider 2 (perhaps with the inclusion of the original Strider port that came with the disc release)
Tomba! (original disc is one of very few PS1 games that does not run on PS2)
Thrasher: Skate and Destroy
Nuclear Strike

[quote name='Thongsy']They already released the Original Metal Gear Solid on it, it was this past week. They should add the VR missions also, that would be nice.[/QUOTE]

they should as a DLC for it

Dragon Warrior 7
Grandia
Star Ocean 2nd Story
Omega Boost
Buster Bros Collection
X-Com
Simcity 2000

I don't really need them since I already have all this games on disk but it'll be nice if they are released on PSN. I'll buy DW7 on PSN even with my 4 complete physical copies. Anything to boost sales of DQ series :D

one i want that will never see release is WCW vs the World. Based on Virtual Pro Wrestling, this was the grand-daddy of the engine that powered the n64 game no mercy, and more recently the last-gen Def Jam games(vendetta, ffny).

more realistically? I want Silent Hill and/or Dino Crisis

Einhander
WipEout XL / 2097
Tekken 3
Crash Team Racing
Final Fantasy VIII
Finaly Fantasy 9
Chrono Cross
Tomba

[quote name='Thomas96']
It'd be nice if these games had trophies[/QUOTE]

As awesome as that would be, I think there are far too many complications to allow it to be implemented. Currently, I would imagine the PS1 games on PSN are simply ISO rips with perhaps some minor tweaks (I may be wrong on this point, so feel free to correct me). Also, how do you deal with people who are playing it off the original disc versus those who are playing it as a download? Can they make these retroactive (i.e.- will my FF8 save from 5 years ago allow me to instantly obtain the beat the game trophy?)?

Like I said... I would love it if there were trophies for the PS1 games, but unfortunately, I think it'd be more work than Sony is willing to put in. I mean, as it stands right now, they barely take the time to put up the ISO rips.

They would probably just have them for the download only and not have them retroactive with disc copies. Less work, less problems to run into, and more downloadable copies sold. Win win.

One I can't believe hasn't been mentioned yet:

Bushido Blade

It's already on PSN in Japan, so I'd guess its probably a matter of time.

Xenogears, Parasite Eve 1 & 2

Those of you who suggested Star Ocean 2, Valkyrie Profile, and Parappa know that they already have PSP remakes of them, right? Some of the other titles probably have them as well. Personally, I'd go with those (if you have a PSP) over a straight ISO rip since I'd be playing them on the PSP anyway.

[quote name='surak']Xenogears, Parasite Eve 1 & 2

Those of you who suggested Star Ocean 2, Valkyrie Profile, and Parappa know that they already have PSP remakes of them, right? Some of the other titles probably have them as well. Personally, I'd go with those (if you have a PSP) over a straight ISO rip since I'd be playing them on the PSP anyway.[/QUOTE]

Except the PSone versions are far superior to the PSP versions in actual game. So I rather have those versions then the PSP versions.

Xenogears
Dragon Warrior 7
Breath of Fire 4
Alundra
Tomba
Tony Hawk 2
Tales of Destiny 2 (since I can never find Eternia)
Die Hard Trilogy
Coolboarders
Chrono Cross

RPGs! Lots and lots of RPGs! And lots of stuff people have mentioned

Fighting Force
Ape Escape
Fear Effect 1 and 2
Heart of Darkness
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne!!!!
Oddworld
Trap Gunner
The Unholy War

I forgot Legacy of Kain Blood Omen. The only drawback is that the graphics are going to be very hard on the eyes. The early PSX games didn't survive the test of time in the graphics department. Especially compared to what Nintendo was pushing out for the Snes and the 64.

[quote name='wildcpac']I forgot Legacy of Kain Blood Omen. The only drawback is that the graphics are going to be very hard on the eyes. The early PSX games didn't survive the test of time in the graphics department. Especially compared to what Nintendo was pushing out for the Snes and the 64.[/QUOTE]

No, it would definitely be an eyesore, but I'm on board with you that this was a great game. I'd love to see it on there.

[quote name='Paco']Except the PSone versions are far superior to the PSP versions in actual game. So I rather have those versions then the PSP versions.[/QUOTE]

How so? Parappa is totally unplayable due to lag with an HD setup (I've tried). I doubt a PSN version would go so far as to add a calibration feature, so no loss there.

I looked up the differences between SO2 PSOne and PSP, and it looks to me like the PSP version is better:
All glitches such as the "Black Screen of Death" have been fixed, the voice acting is different, lots of menus and other things have been tweaked to look different, special moves have different names now, it features a smoother translation, there are now full-motion anime cutscenes, the entire game is voice acted now, and several other small things.
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth got brand new CG and only differed from the PSOne in some slight bugs due to being the original JP version codebase-wise, hardly much different "in actual game", and perfectly playable (I had no issues whatsoever). If it just boils down to nitpicky reasons that end up being a wash, I personally would much rather just play them now in a convenient format rather than hold out in hopes of a PSN ISO rip.

[quote name='wildcpac']I forgot Legacy of Kain Blood Omen. The only drawback is that the graphics are going to be very hard on the eyes. The early PSX games didn't survive the test of time in the graphics department. Especially compared to what Nintendo was pushing out for the Snes and the 64.[/QUOTE]

The graphics are fine. It's the god awful loading time that will murder everyone playing.

The one local shop here is dumping their PS1 inventory, including many non 'rare' titles(like Fear Effect 1&2) and I have physical copies of some of the games mentioned(Metal Gear VR Missions, WCW Vs. The World) that I'd be willing to part with in the event some of you want the physical games.

I went on a mini buying spree when Gamestop was clearing out the PS1 and other 'classic' games a while back.

Here's my list of ones I wanna see on PSN though:

Intelligent Qube
Tomba 1 and 2
Silent Hill

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The one local shop here is dumping their PS1 inventory, including many non 'rare' titles(like Fear Effect 1&2) and I have physical copies of some of the games mentioned(Metal Gear VR Missions, WCW Vs. The World) that I'd be willing to part with in the event some of you want the physical games.

I went on a mini buying spree when Gamestop was clearing out the PS1 and other 'classic' games a while back.

Here's my list of ones I wanna see on PSN though:

Intelligent Qube
Tomba 1 and 2
Silent Hill[/QUOTE]

Silent Hill got on the European store, but quickly vanished. I wonder if that's a sign?

[quote name='Paco']Silent Hill got on the European store, but quickly vanished. I wonder if that's a sign?[/QUOTE]

That's the only SH game I actually completed, though I had all four of them in my game collection I sold in Feb of 2008(98 PS2/Xbox games)for $450.

Out of the four I listed, I'd REALLY like to see the Tomba games and Intelligent QUbe moreso than Silent Hill, since I've already played the full version of SH and though I enjoyed it thoroughly I have zero desire to play through it again.

One game I'd LOVE to see get an actual release, but I doubt EA even has any of the finished copies to make a quick buck on an upload of a version of....is my avatar on here: THRILL KILL.

Unfortunately, it's only ever been available via ummmmmm not so legit means and I'd love to play a real version of it.

But that's like wanting Duke Nukem Forever to come out.....it just ain't gonna happen.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's the only SH game I actually completed, though I had all four of them in my game collection I sold in Feb of 2008(98 PS2/Xbox games)for $450.

Out of the four I listed, I'd REALLY like to see the Tomba games and Intelligent QUbe moreso than Silent Hill, since I've already played the full version of SH and though I enjoyed it thoroughly I have zero desire to play through it again.

One game I'd LOVE to see get an actual release, but I doubt EA even has any of the finished copies to make a quick buck on an upload of a version of....is my avatar on here: THRILL KILL.

Unfortunately, it's only ever been available via ummmmmm not so legit means and I'd love to play a real version of it.

But that's like wanting Duke Nukem Forever to come out.....it just ain't
gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

Intelligent Qube is very possible. Sony published that one in the US. Tomba is also possible as I think Sony also had a hand in that one in the US. At least for the original one. IQ is also already in the Japanese store so it probably will come here in time.

[quote name='Barnolde']Syphon Filter 2, because of the awesome train level and SF3 is awful.[/QUOTE]

I have that one sitting in my collection sealed. I got it from KB Toys website just before the whole chain went out of business. They had a buttload of games for very cheap on there and I think I picked up both SF 2 and 3 for like $4 each before shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which games do you want to see be released on the
signature_Sign.jpg
:)

I think we can count on things like FF 8 & 9, RE 2 & 3 etc. I would definitely like to see some of the more underappreciated classics:

-Tomba! and Tomba! 2(sold mine a couple weeks ago and miss 'em already!)
-Strider 2
-Heart of Darkness(speaking of which... this game probably has some of the most cringe-inducing yet completely bloodless deaths I've ever seen, with a young boy as the victim no less!)
-Coolboarders 2
-Bushido Blade
-Tenchu(you think this game would be pretty dated after all the next-gen sequels but I still enjoy the original the most)
-The Mega Man Legends games, and possibly Tron Bonne too

I agree with whoever said it... Vib Ribbon would be a nice addition. I've always wanted to play it., but I wonder if they could do the whole "CD ripping" thing still

From what I understand, while TK never got released it did sort of live on as a Wu Tang Clan game on the PSX. I've never tried it, but I've been told it's almost the same game (4 player bouts, same engine etc)

bread's done
Back