The CAG Search Engine SUCKS.

PhrostByte

CAG Newbie
Seriously. Most of the time it doesn't even find threads that you KNOW exist.

Take a look at this. Click search, in the top field, type " target ". NOTHING. NOTHING ON TARGET ON THE WHOLE SITE?!?!?!! God...

Common words like EB, Walmart, Target and other stores have been removed. If you were using the search before the rebuild you may have not been very happy at the overload of results which would have been equally frustrating. Also the search for the phpbb system is CRAP. We have crippled it until phpbb 3 is released and CAG gets upgraded. I am sorry that TARGET pulls such poor results however...you have an alternative.

If you go to the search page you will see a GOOGLE search box near the top. Use that instead and make sure the clickbox for "Cheapassgamer.com" is clicked instead of "web". This is the default so you should be good to go.

Hope that helps you.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I agree.
The search index needs to be rebuilt.

p.s. the owner is still a dick.[/quote]

Hater :wink:

Unfotunately the Google one won't search the Video Game Deals forum because it requires registration to be viewed.

I know it sucks. We tried to fix it and wound up making it more sucky.

It will be fixed, but I have a shitload on my plate right now. More on that in the next few days ;)

Yeah.. the google one ain't too great either. But as long as someone is actually listening to my bitching and I feel like I am being paid attention to, all is well, I don't need to search for Target :lol:

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I agree.

Listen to me! Listen to me, you fuck! There's another guy. He's OCP. He's the senior president. It's Dick Jonessssss...

*crash*

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']
Listen to me! Listen to me, you shaq-fu! There's another guy. He's OCP. He's the senior president. It's Dick Jonessssss...
*crash*[/quote]

robocopclarnece3a.jpg

good luck with everything going on cheapy.....i hardly ever use the search but i hardly ever make any new threads are can't find anything old

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']
Listen to me! Listen to me, you shaq-fu! There's another guy. He's OCP. He's the senior president. It's Dick Jonessssss...
*crash*[/quote]

robocopclarnece3a.jpg
[/quote]

:rofl:

I know I have said this before, but I still wonder what the secret directive OCP put into Robocheapy.

I bet it is to make everyone a member of his cheap game cult

and thanks again to anyone who uses search to find reposts. Your efforts are appreciated

[quote name='PhrostByte']Seriously. Most of the time it doesn't even find threads that you KNOW exist.

Take a look at this. Click search, in the top field, type " target ". NOTHING. NOTHING ON TARGET ON THE WHOLE SITE?!?!?!! God...[/quote]

its easier to repost teh whole topic, then have a mod lock it and give you the link where the original one is.

EDIT: for thoswe who didn't know, I was kidding.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I agree.

*crash*[/quote]

Your slipping in your old age.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I agree.

*crash*[/quote]

Your slipping in your old age.[/quote]

Wrong...you actually made me pull out the DVD and jump to that part and double check...he does not call him a "fat fuck"...it's just "you fuck."

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah.. the google one ain't too great either. But as long as someone is actually listening to my bitching and I feel like I am being paid attention to, all is well, I don't need to search for Target :lol:[/quote]

I'm glad I wasn't the only person feeling frusterated by the search feature lately.

I'm also glad to know that the issue is at least noted :)

bread's done
Back