Post your local music

CokeCola

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Post some notable bands and singles from your area.

I'm currently in Durham, NC, and there's a bunch of local bands, what with 3 major colleges in the nearby. I assume there's every genre, but I know of mostly the indie/rock stuff.

The Future Kings of Nowhere - "10 Simple Murders"

Red Collar - "Used Guitars"

Schooner - "Pray for You to Die" is in the site's music player.

Nathan Asher and the Infantry - "Turn Up the Faders" is the first thing in the music player. I don't think these guys are playing anymore.

The Rosebuds - I think everything is pretty great. I guess "Get Up Get Out" is the most popular (disco!). They're actually successful, so you could have heard of them. This video is awesome. Totally creepy.

I usually listen to the NC State radio station - 88.1 WKNC. They play this during the local shows and lot of indie rock during most of the weekdays. Other times are more eclectic.

Opposite Day from around here is really good and noisy.

Their bassist is a pretty nice guy; I talked to him for a bit after they opened for Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Instantly thought of Joe Beats and Lightning Bolt.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget White Mice!

[quote name='Liquid 2']Opposite Day from around here is really good and noisy.

Their bassist is a pretty nice guy; I talked to him for a bit after they opened for Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.[/QUOTE]

Opposite Day is really awesome. I need to check out one of their CDs.

bread's done
Back