Trying to run S-vdeo from PC to TV

scott123456

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I don't even know where to start. My PC hss an S-Video connect on back (Dell) but when I run that to my TV, black screen. Can't find much help on dell site. How do I get this to work? Tyring to run PowerDVD or Media Player stuff to my TV. Need HELP. Lost!

plug it in, turn your tv on the right input, and then TURN ON your computer, if its already on it wont work, it has to boot up being connected. also if youre hoping to watch divx files or something it wont work... at least it doesnt on mine, you can only watch uncompressed video

You probably need to enable the TV through the display settings.

Try going into the control panel and open up display properties. Then click the Settings tab and click the Advanced button. Click the Display tab and it should show boxes, one with Monitor and one with TV. If the TV is not enabled, it will have a red color on the circle in the upper left corner of the TV box. Click that and it wil be enabled.

You might have to play with those two buttons in the TV and monitor boxes to get the video to show up on the TV screen, otherwise the video window will just be black. One button looks like a circle with a dot inside it, and the other looks like 2 windows.

Check you advanced display property settings (you can get there from Control Panel, or right click the desktop and pick properties, then go to the 'Settings' tab, and click advanced). There will likely be a tab where you can switch to TV output, but make sure your tv is hooked up. It might not display the option if your computer doesn't detect the TV signal. This all depends on what video card you have though. Also, you should be able to watch anything on video-out, including divx and dvds. You may run into a problem with macrovision on dvds, in which case you'll have to get a work-around for macrovision. Also, if you're planning on running any games, your TV out will likely be limited to a certain resolution, like 640x480, or 600x800 (even though this is higher-res than TVs). Make sure you change the resolution settings of your games before running them in TV mode.

If your computer is a laptop, you may have to hit a function key combo to switch display modes.

Hope this helps.

bread's done
Back