Refurbished Microsoft XBOX 360 HDMI Console System w/Accessories $99.95 + S/H ($10+)

BlizzardCyclone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
iCraveIt.com - Refurbished Microsoft XBOX 360 HDMI Console System w/Accessories $99.95 + S/H ($10+)

Grabbed the above link from Fatwallet. Seems like a good deal for a secondary XBOX, maybe to hold you over until you get your regular 360 back from being repaired from RRoD lol :)

*Note*
No controller is included.
What’s in the Box

• Xbox 360 Console w/HDMI Port
  • Power Brick
  • Component AV Cable
  • Instruction Manual
10002681-22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone willing to roll the dice with this? I mean for $100 your not risking much but that leads me to believe these things are a couple hours away from a RROD.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

All recertified items carry a warranty - In this case it states the warranty is 30 days.

Perhaps a longer one can be purchased?

*EDIT*

I just checked the link next to the Add to Cart link, and a Warranty through Square Trade would cost $12.99 for 3 years. I went to the Square Trade website and put in the cost of the item, $99.99 and then that it was a Consumer Electronic - Videogame console, and it said $12.99 for 3 years.

Warranty Summary
  • 100% Parts & Labor Covered - Zero Deductibles
  • If we can't fix the item, we refund you item price
  • Free in-home service for large TVs/appliances
  • 5 day service guarantee
  • Cancel / Transfer anytime
order summary

Item:
game console
Coverage Limit: $99.99 warranty summary
3 year product Care Plan -$12.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Total $12.99 Before 30% off coupon code "JULY04"

Theres also a part for a coupon code. Use code: JULY04 and get 30% off the Warranty price, bringing it down to $10.69!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a refurbed 60gig system from Yugster a few months ago and made sure to buy a warranty from a third party, Squaretrade. The system RROD'ed a few days after the Yugster warranty expired, but Squaretrade refunded the total purchase price in about a week after I mailed it in to be checked. You might want to check out Squaretrade if you want to roll the dice with this one.

[quote name='namepl']I bought a refurbed 60gig system from Yugster a few months ago and made sure to buy a warranty from a third party, Squaretrade. The system RROD'ed a few days after the Yugster warranty expired, but Squaretrade refunded the total purchase price in about a week after I mailed it in to be checked. You might want to check out Squaretrade if you want to roll the dice with this one.[/QUOTE]

Squaretrade would be the way to go on this one (read my post above) and since the system is HDMI, it should fall into the Microsoft 3 year warranty shouldnt it? I dont think these HDMI systems have been out longer then what, 1 or 2 years?

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']All recertified items carry a warranty - In this case it states the warranty is 30 days.

Perhaps a longer one can be purchased?

*EDIT*

I just checked the link next to the Add to Cart link, and a Warranty through Square Trade would cost $12.99 for 3 years. I went to the Square Trade website and put in the cost of the item, $99.99 and then that it was a Consumer Electronic - Videogame console, and it said $12.99 for 3 years.

Warranty Summary
  • 100% Parts & Labor Covered - Zero Deductibles
  • If we can't fix the item, we refund you item price
  • Free in-home service for large TVs/appliances
  • 5 day service guarantee
  • Cancel / Transfer anytime
order summary

Item:
game console
Coverage Limit: $99.99 warranty summary
3 year product Care Plan -$12.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Total $12.99 Before 30% off coupon code "JULY04"

Theres also a part for a coupon code. Use code: JULY04 and get 30% off the Warranty price, bringing it down to $10.69![/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? When I go to SquareTrade's site, it's showing only a 1 year warranty for $12.99. Or am I missing something?

interesting deal and yes it should fall into the microsoft warranty as it has the HDMI and that is about 2 years old. I already have 2 360's, my next purchase will be an elite eventually when i have some extra money. Anyway for anyone who doesn't have a 360 this is a good opportunity to grab one cheap also someone who may want a back up one. Good luck whoever tries it, i would give it shot.

[quote name='bones56']interesting deal and yes it should fall into the microsoft warranty as it has the HDMI and that is about 2 years old. I already have 2 360's, my next purchase will be an elite eventually when i have some extra money. Anyway for anyone who doesn't have a 360 this is a good opportunity to grab one cheap also someone who may want a back up one. Good luck whoever tries it, i would give it shot.[/QUOTE]

what if the seal is broken or gone, will MS still honor the warranty ?

[quote name='killer9']never ever buy a used 360 no matter what[/QUOTE]

Word

[quote name='fshaia']what if the seal is broken or gone, will MS still honor the warranty ?[/QUOTE]

no. if it RROD it is 99$ to fix through microsoft.

Doesn't look like it comes with a controller. Bummer, at ~$125 shipped with 3 year SquareTrade Warranty it seems decent. I'd rather spend $50 more at dell and get M$ warranty, controller and Jasper.

Definitely YMMV... I bought a used system a year and a half ago that was a RROD and the seals had been broken. I then fixed it, and have used it as my primary system ever since, and by primary I mean using it at least 2 hours a day. I have even had the system on for 12 consecutive hours multiple times before without ever having a problem.

Total amount spent on system is about 47.xx and that is including the cost of the system, fix, and paint used to mod it.

[quote name='mvp828']Definitely YMMV... I bought a used system a year and a half ago that was a RROD and the seals had been broken. I then fixed it, and have used it as my primary system ever since, and by primary I mean using it at least 2 hours a day. I have even had the system on for 12 consecutive hours multiple times before without ever having a problem.

Total amount spent on system is about 47.xx and that is including the cost of the system, fix, and paint used to mod it.[/QUOTE]

I hope your talking console only. If not I'd like to know right now where to buy a broken Xbox for $47. That comes with a controller, Hard Drive, Power Brick, and AV Cables.

[quote name='Shuino']I hope your talking console only. If not I'd like to know right now where to buy a broken Xbox for $47. That comes with a controller, Hard Drive, Power Brick, and AV Cables.[/QUOTE]

Uh Ebay? I just checked it a couple hours ago to take a look at the refurb 360's. Saw a broken 360 go for $55. Came with everything except a hard drive and headset.

[quote name='Shuino']I hope your talking console only. If not I'd like to know right now where to buy a broken Xbox for $47. That comes with a controller, Hard Drive, Power Brick, and AV Cables.[/QUOTE]

Mine came with no HDD or controller, and had both component cables and power bricks. As someone else said, eBay...

The funny thing was I ended up turning around and selling the Power Brick as my brother had 3 of them (2 203s and a 175) that he still had from when he sent his system in to Circuit City to be replaced.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. Won't a refurb (assuming it has a warranty sticker) still be covered under 3yrs warranty?

Refurbished Microsoft XBOX 360's scare me. I bought two from Buy.com before. Both had the RROD within two days. Was able to send both of them back though after some arguing. I've heard similar stories from others. I don't trust any of these refurbished units.

[quote name='Eleo']Doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. Won't a refurb (assuming it has a warranty sticker) still be covered under 3yrs warranty?[/QUOTE]

If you can somehow guarantee that the warranty is still in-tact, this may be worthwhile. Contrary to my previous statements about the refurbished pieces of trash...The $100 cut in price makes it a worthwhile risk.

But yeah, I'd definitely make sure it can, if needed, be sent in while under warranty. Otherwise this still has great potential of turning into a $100 doorstop.

Let me put it this way! If you want to roll the dice then go ahead but I personally wouldn't do it. I bought one of the refurbed units from Geeks.com back in April and after a week the disc tray stopped opening. I popped the front cover off and it looked like the belt that opens and closes the door had broken. After paying $25 to ship it back since they don't cover the shipping cost even though it was still under the 30 day warranty and then waiting for the replacement unit which RROD'd after 5 minutes I actually have gotten 7 days and 5 minutes of use from the unit in 2 months time now. They are giving me a refund thank goodness and I will never buy another refurbed unit.

Maybe its possible to email these guys and ask if the official seal is still in tact? Then if it is, thats great, and then you can just send it in to MS, free of charge, and say that it RRoD on you, and they will check it out, and make any necessary repairs, since they would be opening it up to test and check the parts and make any necessary repairs right?

As far as the 3 year warranty from SquareTrade.com is concerned, go to this link:
http://www.squaretrade.com/buyersvcs/getRetailWarranty.do

Then select:
Consumer Electronics--->Videogame Consoles----> $99.99 and submit. It will take you to the next page that says 3 year warranty.

I don't have a problem with refurb. If the warranty is with MICROSOFT and it was refurb'd by Microsoft then if you bought this AND the extended service contract you should be covered in the event if RROD or otherwise. Personally, I wouldn't own a 360 without the extended service contract (Microsoft's, not a 3rd parties).

My Xboxs:

1. Original, got RROD (replaced under regular warranty)
2. Optical drive went flaky (replaced via service contract)
3. Crashed shortly after bootup (replaced via service contract)
4. Still working, cross fingers. Using as "backup", Netflix box.
5. Bought an arcade (Jasper) as my new primary

I now have 2 nicely working 360s. As you see, my orignal (bought 4 months after launch), thanks to service contracts, has been replaced >3< times.

Honestly, you are probably better off buying an new Arcade over this (and then getting the extended service contract). This is missing the controller and memory (card or drive). NXE won't even boot without some sort of memory card or drive.

To me, the extra $100 is well worth the piece of mind you'll have knowing a) your console is new, b) your console likely has the newest hardware, and c) the warranty from MS is in full effect.

Is "Recertified" the same as Refurbished? The site says "Recertified" and that could mean something different.

If it was recertified (refurbished) by a company other than Microsoft the 3 year MS warranty may or may not be good depending on who repaired it. The repairs may have voided the MS warranty.

[quote name='hordak']Is the final consensus that this is too much of a risk to buy?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, yes. It's nice to save $80 but is it REALLY worth all the hassle? This is a game system you are going to have for several years. If you break it down over say only two years it would work out to about $3.50 a month. I'd pay that knowing I have a new console with a fresh warranty and the latest chipset.

This "deal" also comes with no controller and no included game(s). On top of that the warranty you may have to purchase seperate is $13 I think? Not much but it adds up. You're WAY better off buying a 360 Arcade from Dell.

[quote name='crazy blain']In my opinion, yes. It's nice to save $80 but is it REALLY worth all the hassle? This is a game system you are going to have for several years. If you break it down over say only two years it would work out to about $3.50 a month. I'd pay that knowing I have a new console with a fresh warranty and the latest chipset.

This "deal" also comes with no controller and no included game(s). On top of that the warranty you may have to purchase seperate is $13 I think? Not much but it adds up. You're WAY better off buying a 360 Arcade from Dell.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Those are some very good points... especially considering that new controllers are about $40.

i decided to bite on this deal. Will let u guys know how it does and if it's a RROD.

either way i had my buddy over and i fixed his RROD... how long that'll last idk... but his warranty was over and didn't wanna pay

i bought a used 360 last year after my first one died, one year later and no problems

I don't trust used 360's, after having purchased 3 that have broke, including an elite. Heh. My best one so far is an arcade i got after the elite broke which is over a year and a half old and still going strong.
151l1259.jpg

bread's done
Back