Shatter - Arkanoid-on-steriods game from Sidhe (Gripshift) - July 23 - $7.99

I'm playing through the story mode and it's fairly easy after beating four of the ten worlds so far. It's weird to play an arkanoid-style game with some actual physics in it. I like that there's pretty much a laser sight on the ball you send out so you can see where it'll hit when sucking or blowing to change its trajectory.

This game is incredible. I've always loved breakout/arkanoid games so I figured I'd enjoy it but it's far better than I imagined it would be. I could see this becoming my most played psn game (okay, maybe after Burnout and Battlefield).

The art style and the sound are just about perfect for this type of game too.

I'm on the bandwagon. Playing through it now and it's pretty sweet. It's better than some of the $10 crap we've been getting (wipeout dlc excluded) so for 8 it's a steal.

Beat Myke's high score of 222 million, which was the top of my friend leaderboard, with a 252 million score.

Also beat story mode, though beating it all without continuing will be hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked this up the day it came out and love it. Like Frisky said, beating the story without a continue may be a real challenge.

[quote name='smiggity']Im in the minority on this one. I thought it was mediocre. IMO Astro Tripper is much better value and game[/QUOTE]
As a person who owns both, all I can say to that is... NO.

From watching the little trailer, it's completely different and less dependent on moving from gimmick idea to gimmick idea. There was maybe one level that was kind of similar to Shatter, but still more of a gimmick than anything else. Try watching some of the gameplay videos at 1up to get an idea of what the game is like.

No, it has just single-player modes for now.

Edit: You can check out my review, which just went up here.

Last edited by a moderator:
just beat this without dying and my final score was 238 million. not to bad to do, sometimes ill suck bricks past me to get them out of the way and to save my lives. that might help for some people. other than that, just make sure youre fully powered for the boss battles.

The soundtrack for Shatter will be coming this week with an added bonus:
Sidhe, New Zealand's largest game production studio, today announced that the award winning Shatter™ soundtrack, as well as a new Dynamic Theme for its popular original brick-breaking game, will be available for download via the North American PlayStation Store starting April 29th. Additional territories will follow in the near future.

The Shatter soundtrack is available for US$5.99, and is bundled with the Shatter Dynamic Theme and Shatter concept art as a bonus. The Dynamic Theme is also available separately for US$2.99.

“Shatter continues to add new fans every day, and the soundtrack by talented artist Module has won multiple awards since the game launched last year,” said Mario Wynands, Managing Director of Sidhe. “Making the soundtrack and dynamic theme available on the PlayStation®Network where the game got started allows us to extend the experience beyond the confines of the title itself.”

The Shatter soundtrack features 14 tracks with over 90 minutes of original music, and has won multiple awards including Giant Bomb Best Original Soundtrack 2009, and the PSNstores.com Best Soundtrack 2009. It’s also available digitally from BandCamp (http://sidhe.bandcamp.com/) and iTunes (http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/shatter-official-videogame/id345743185) as well as on physical CD from CDBaby (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/module)

For more information on Shatter, visit: www.shattergame.com

bread's done
Back