[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

You ROCK Kathos!

This is the FIRST time in EB's history that Game Days have been held twice in the same YEAR!

ALSO-
DEALS ARE EVEN WORSE!
2for$20 is now ONLY VALID ON LAST GEN GAMES-WHAT A JOKE!
Accessories.....you have to buy a Used game to get the disouns....lol!!!

The DAILY DROPS BETTER BE GOOD OR ELSE!!!

Thanks for typing this all up... but really, nothing really jumps out at me. I'm hoping the daily sales will be awesome at least. But really.... some of this is freaking weak.

[quote name='gamer602']Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

You ROCK Kathos!

This is the FIRST time in EB's history that Game Days have been held twice in the same YEAR!

ALSO-
DEALS ARE EVEN WORSE!
2for$20 is now ONLY VALID ON LAST GEN GAMES-WHAT A JOKE!
Accessories.....you have to buy a Used game to get the disouns....lol!!!

The DAILY DROPS BETTER BE GOOD OR ELSE!!![/QUOTE]
Or else what?:lol:

Thanks kathos, but man my wallet does not need this...I'm hoping that the deals kind of suck. I gotta save up for my Macbook Pro! (Which I really hope can play SC2 when it comes out)

[quote name='game_fanatic']Or else what?:lol:

Thanks kathos, but man my wallet does not need this...I'm hoping that the deals kind of suck. I gotta save up for my Macbook Pro! (Which I really hope can play SC2 when it comes out)[/QUOTE]

Or else EB will be hosting this sale for the THIRD time come this FALL!!!

Thanks for sharing.

$5 off a GH PS3 game can be good deal, especially regarding games that were just "promoted" to GH.

This does not seem like "Game Days" though, it seems like a regular sale, nothing feeling that special.

This is good for my wallet!

Battle of the Bands is actually $7.99, but it can be $0.79 and still no one would buy it.

Haha I can just picture it. "I pre-ordered Wii Sports Resort and had so much fun with the frisbee I don't even have time to play the game!" That'll show Nintendo.

[quote name='thelaughingman']hey OP if i recall correctly, COD4 is only for 360 and CODWaW is only on sale for PS3[/QUOTE]

Fine print says it's for both systems on both games.

[quote name='j940651']how long til klepto weighs in.....

...[/QUOTE]

There's nothing he can take advantage of, so no he won't be weighing us down with his retail genius or his "thriftiness" [sp?].

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Battle of the Bands is actually $7.99, but it can be $0.79 and still no one would buy it.

Haha I can just picture it. "I pre-ordered Wii Sports Resort and had so much fun with the frisbee I don't even have time to play the game!" That'll show Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks I'll correct. Ch'yeah that'll be the day; Wii owners actually having fun in the sun during the summer.

"Why go to the beach when I can just play on the virtual beach and live out my insecurities in the comfort of my own living room!"

Well if you're in Toronto you wanna avoid the beach like the plague so the Wii may be the only recourse.

Hmmm... What's the price on 120 GB HDDs at EB =o I can see that being a decent deal for 50% off with purchase of a $20 used game.

the east beaches are actually kinda
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

wonder if they'll drop the price of used copies of the games on sale?

I'll probably jump on that and use my edge card since I'm looking to get CoD WaW

Sweet. I JUST bought another PS3 a week ago. Hooray for impatience... Could have gotten Motorstorm PR already...

2 for $40 might be OK, and ACDC is $9.99 again. Daily Deals offer hope.

Other than that, colder than Michael Jackson.

Kathos, if someone falls through for receiving updates, I can lend a hand now.

[quote name='Firestorm']Hmmm... What's the price on 120 GB HDDs at EB =o I can see that being a decent deal for 50% off with purchase of a $20 used game.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the exact same thing! Although with rumoured changes to bundles coming this fall they'll drop HDD prices

[quote name='TripleQ']I was thinking the exact same thing! Although with rumoured changes to bundles coming this fall they'll drop HDD prices[/QUOTE]
Rumours, you say?

I'm definitely waiting to get a PS3. I was going to buy one off of Kijiji this week but I'm pretty sure I can get one brand new for the same price if I'm willing to wait until fall.

I just bought a 360 for GH and RB and everywhere I'm looking now has GH:WT at $229.

Is that $159 a sale or a price drop? Seeing as how Band Hero is right around the corner I'm guessing drop.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']I'm definitely waiting to get a PS3. I was going to buy one off of Kijiji this week but I'm pretty sure I can get one brand new for the same price if I'm willing to wait until fall.[/QUOTE]

I just found a friend of mine an 80gb PS3 w/ 2 dual shock controllers and killzone 2 for $200 :)

[quote name='summer_star17x']nothing interesting..
however the xbox360 "family bundle" for 69.99 is a nice price.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it's been that price at Future Shop for a while now.

[quote name='Opopanax']I'm pretty sure it's been that price at Future Shop for a while now.[/QUOTE]

FS has that exact bundle for the same price? :O Dayum, EB's failing purty hard huh?

EB and GS will be price matching Best Buys Canada day specials.

Also all XB/GC/GBA games now trade in at .50c and no ps2 game trades in for more then 6$.

^ i still got 2 sealed infamous...too lazy to get rid of them, man this game must really suck if they sell it for 30bux so soon...worse then afrosam?

[quote name='Ranzo']EB and GS will be price matching Best Buys Canada day specials.

Also all XB/GC/GBA games now trade in at .50c and no ps2 game trades in for more then 6$.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for that info :whistle2:o

That pretty much makes trading in any old console games to EB is useless, might as well use CAG or have a garage sale and try to get at least a dollar more!

[quote name='Firestorm']They'll be matching Best Buy's price. Not sure if it's going to go longer than the BB promo or not.
Have fun trying to trade it in, douchebags ^_^[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Ranzo']Thats fine. The trade in price has been changed to reflect best buy already, so RFD can go fuck them selves.

Also I guess stores could claim there is no best buy around them but we where told we could match it if we like.[/QUOTE]
That's great to hear!
How much are they giving for Infamous now? I hope its like $.50 for the next few weeks :lol:

[quote name='Ranzo']EB and GS will be price matching Best Buys Canada day specials.

Also all XB/GC/GBA games now trade in at .50c and no ps2 game trades in for more then 6$.[/QUOTE]

wait, so Zelda TP for Gamecube has dropped even lower than $7 now?@#$ :cry:

I assume in the interest of fairness they also lowered the used price of these games to under $8 each but I highly doubt it :roll:

bread's done
Back