Red Faction: Guerrilla (Xbox 360) $39.99 FS at Newegg.com

stpk0re

CAGiversary!
[leftimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_658.jpg[/leftimg]In case you still haven't gotten your ass to Mars, Newegg has brought back the $40 price point with free shipping.

CheapyD note: I'm currently playing Red Faction Guerrilla and am very impressed so far. The developers have done a great job making destruction a fun and addicting aspect of the game. I would recommend this title even at full price.

:360: Red Faction: Guerrilla $39.99

It's baaaack!

Red Faction: Guerrilla (Xbox 360) - $39.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874169036

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news indeed! I'm a little burnt out on this still since I played it for a week and a half, but it's a fantastic game that offers up many hours of destructive fun and $40 is a price well worth the admission.

Besides, how often does a console game go on sale for $20 off less than a month after it's released (and it doesn't suck)?

Thanks, in for 1.
Hope I can find time for this game.... After Infamous, then finishing killzone2, argh so many games so little time.

Alright, I'm in for one. I just have to see what the hype is all about (besides I really did like the original Red Faction on PS2).

I couldn't resist any longer. After listening to Cheapy and Wombat sing this game's praises for the past couple CAGcasts, I was really wanting it. I'm in!

Thanks Cheapy! I've been dying to get my hands on this one after all the positive talk about it. This game really came out of nowhere. It had practically no hype pre release and now everyone is talking about it.

Volition have quickly become one of my favorite developers. I love Saints Row 2 and can't wait for this one. Just wish it had Coop.

Awesome! I missed this on the 16th, so I'm glad they did it again. I echo the response of "$20 bucks off already?".

I'm in. Anything with a flicker of emergent gameplay has me intrigued... plus destruction never gets boring. (Wellll, maybe *eyes Mercenaries 2*)

Have a gargantuan backlog but I am helpless to resist this as I found myself regretting not picking it up last time.

If you think the multiplayer is tacked on...think again. Just the deathmatch alone is worth the price of entry (They call it 'Anarchy'). For instance: An enemy is coming to smash your head in with his sledgehammer so you hit your thrust backpack to escape which sends you shooting straight up into the air. Since you're in a building it RIPS a whole through each of its multiple floors and you land on the roof to find a rocket launcher...success.

Trust me, it's fun.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']If you think the multiplayer is tacked on...think again. Just the deathmatch alone is worth the price of entry (They call it 'Anarchy'). For instance: An enemy is coming to smash your head in with his sledgehammer so you hit your thrust backpack to escape which sends you shooting straight up into the air. Since you're in a building it RIPS a whole through each of its multiple floors and you land on the roof to find a rocket launcher...success.

Trust me, it's fun.[/QUOTE]

Wow.....I already ordered the game a couple hours ago, but if I hadn't, this would have sold me. :)

boy newegg REALLY wants to move this game. I managed to get it used during the 2for1 otherwise I might not be able to resist this.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']For instance: An enemy is coming to smash your head in with his sledgehammer so you hit your thrust backpack to escape which sends you shooting straight up into the air. Since you're in a building it RIPS a whole through each of its multiple floors and you land on the roof to find a rocket launcher[/QUOTE]
...failure.

How would smashing your head into several ceilings not kill you instantly?

I can't wait to play this game, it seems really fun. But the above scenario seems ridiculous :)

And yeah, why is Amazon selling Star Ocean for the same price as this game, when SO released several months ago...Makes little sense to me.

Getchu ass to Mahs. Getchu ass to Mahs. Getchu ass to Mahs. Getchu ass to Mahs. Getchu ass to Mahs. Take that thing out of de case, and stick it in yah nose.

Yep, I was on the fence about waiting for it to hit the $30 mark, but CheapyD and Wombat sold me. Thank god it came back down.

[quote name='Nibi']After missing out on this deal the first time, I jumped all over this. Can't wait to play it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Came back from Bonnaroo and was super broke. Glad to see the deal brought back!

Now if only Amazon would put Wolverine back to $34, we'd be in bidness.

Personally, I'd wait a bit longer...I jumped on this when amazon had it at $40 and I've been disappointed by the single player experience. It has some neat features but after the second hour or so, it starts to become a bit of a grind and many of the missions seem to be 'go drive to this side of the map and talk to someone who now tells you to drive to the other side of the map and blow something up'. And if you take more than, oh 15 seconds to destroy a base, then a shit load of enemies converge on you, and every 30 seconds you remain there then seemingly 2x, 3x, ect shitloads of troops swam you. It reminds me alot of GTA4 in the fact that it has alot of impressive features but that most of them combine in a fashion that is something less than fun and more close to frustration at times. After the 3rd hour, I started to ignore the missions and just ran around blowing up stuff and driving massive trucks through buildings, which is very fun and satisfying. I haven't tried the multiplayer, but for me I think this is more a $20 game than a $40 game. It is not that it is bad, which it isn't, it just that its not all that great

The fact that this game is competent and has a single-player campaign clocking in at 20 hours (or more) makes it even more impressive in this era of the 6-8 hour solo campaign (which doesn't mean concentrated quality, of course).

I had to get it, even though I just pounced on the superior Fracture a couple days ago.

Heh.

Hey, Biff--what's that?

(Bolts out of thread, narrowly dodging barrage of tomato-grenades.)

Yeah, after hearing how fun this game is and people speaking highly of it, I jumped on this sale. So many games, so little time.

Yeah, the "thrust" back pack launches you in a pretty much straight forward trajectory and yes you end up "head butting" through the roof (somehow you can thrust downwards and bust through the lower floors can't figure that out yet). As with the Rhino backpack that plows through walls I guess it just makes a forcefield to protect you. Who cares, it's fun.

I also like the stealth backpack. Sledgehammer-wielding invisible ninja!

I may be one of the few people waiting for another drop on this.
This and Saints Row 2 i've been waiting to hit at least $25 range. Only a matter o' time.

Agree, Cosmos, just keep on waitin'. :)
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Saints Row 2 i've been waiting to hit at least $25 range. Only a matter o' time.[/QUOTE]
Been to Target lately? :)

so should i keep waiting for price drop? i'm kind of bored with videogames and this seems like the kind of game that is great but gets passed up easily should be bargain bin soon

Given that this just came out less than a month ago, I think its fairly unlikely that it will be lower than $39.99 new anytime soon. It will be cheaper used if Gamestop has another B2G1 sale and you have an edge card but I think this new price will hold up well for a month or two at the least.

Admittedly I don't know the sales numbers but Red Faction: Guerrilla has been one of the most highly-reviewed games of the year.

Of course I could just be trying to rationalize adding yet another game to my already-too-large library.

bread's done
Back