Sam's Club (YMMV) Resistance 2 - 13.81, BF Bad Company (PS3) 3.81, + some others

autche

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Picked up the following at my local Sam's Club (Florida Panhandle); all prices rang up lower than was shown on item tickets

PS3:

Resistance 2: 13.81
BattleField Bad Company: 3.81/Gold edition 13.81

360:

FIFA Street 3 - 5.81

Wii:

Castlevania Judgement: 8.81

NDS:

Guitar Hero on Tour - Decades: 7.81 (game only; no controller included)

They had a few other games listed on the cheap, but did not bring them up front to price check (would be feesable to believe they may ring up lower than advertised since all the above ones did):

360:

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: $9.XX
Silent Hill: Homecoming: $16.01
Bourne Conspiracy: $13.XX
Pure: $22.XX
Wii:

Incredible Hulk: $8.01

PS3:

Mirror's Edge: $11.01 (I know this is listed in another thread, merely stating what I saw at the local store for reference purposes only).
Rock Band 1: $16.XX
Rock Band 2: $21.XX
Pure: $22.XX

I know Sam's Club pricing is almost universally YMMV, but I've seen some prices advertised in CAG show up at the local Sam's Club, so happy hunting.

edit: checked the price of Resistance 2 LE, it is still $57.XX; there were no copies of Fallout 3 CE left (someone snagged it from the time I posted to the evening hours).

Last edited by a moderator:
YMMV = Your Miles May Vary, which essentially means you may not find the same pricing at your local store; could be more/less.

[quote name='Frank784']Are you in Tallahassee or down by Pensacola? Thanks for the post by the way.[/QUOTE]

These were at the Fort Walton Beach Store (35 miles or so from Pensacola).

Very good deals, $3.81 for Bad Company? Dang, i really liked that game when it came out.
151l1259.jpg

Soooo... I had nothing better to do than goto samsclub to try and get in on the resistance deal. I went there and looked around and I found some great deals. This is at the Gainesville, Fl Sams by the way.

ps3 Resistance 2 CE!!! $17.81
ps3 Fallout 3 CE!!! $17.81
I only took one of each. There was one each left.

There were about 6 copies of Star wars unleashed ps3 for $13.01
There were 3 copies of Mirrors Edge ps3 for $12.01 just a dollar more than OP.

Some other deals I saw were rockband for ps3/xbox for $59.81? i think

Guitar hero aerosmith with guitar for ps3 for $25.xx

I hope this helps someone in gville.

If anyone in other states, especially Michigan are noticing cheap prices, post please! I'm looking for cheap PS3 games, especially Uncharted!

[quote name='kobberbean']Soooo... I had nothing better to do than goto samsclub to try and get in on the resistance deal. I went there and looked around and I found some great deals. This is at the Gainesville, Fl Sams by the way.

ps3 Resistance 2 CE!!! $17.81
ps3 Fallout 3 CE!!! $17.81
I only took one of each. There was one each left.

There were about 6 copies of Star wars unleashed ps3 for $13.01
There were 3 copies of Mirrors Edge ps3 for $12.01 just a dollar more than OP.

Some other deals I saw were rockband for ps3/xbox for $59.81? i think

Guitar hero aerosmith with guitar for ps3 for $25.xx

I hope this helps someone in gville.[/QUOTE]

awesome finds especially on the CEs of Fallout 3/Resistance 2 - I believe my store has a fallout 3 ce; I should take them up and do a price check. One of the most annoying/greatest things (at this store at least) is that they almost never have the current prices on their video games.

I will check the Houston area Sams Club and give you fellas a report on what I find .. but something tells me that there not going to be any great finds. =(

I too will check this morning, but my hopes are not high. My Sams just does not do this. But I will check nonetheless.

It's too bad I don't know anyone offhand with a Sam's membership, since I don't wanna pay the extra 20% while there on a visitor's pass, if they even still allow that.

Though if my Sam's had BF: BC for $3 something, I think I could see my way to paying the extra 20% on that. LOL

[quote name='mythus']anyone actually thinking of doing a cag run? i wish memberships weren't required =(.[/QUOTE]

All I saw left at my local store (well, all the tickets I saw left - sometimes they have tickets but not the game to back it up) were:

PS3:
Fifa Street 3
Rock Band 1
Rock Band 2
Mirror's Edge
Pure

360:
Bourne Conspiracy
Silent Hill: Homecoming
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Pure

Wii:
Incredible Hulk

PS2:
AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack (not listed in original post, but it was marked @ $6.XX - current gen tickets marked at $29.XX)

If someone is interested in one of the above games, PM me and let me know and I'll see if they have the game in stock - would require paypal for price+shipping+paypal fees or would consider trade.

Hey fellow FWB CAG! I'll swing by there later today. Hope they have a copy of Resistance 2 left. Were they in a special area, or were they just mixed in with the rest of the games?

Thanks!

Anyway, it's nice to know I am not the only CAG here now. :)

[quote name='Sancho1978']Hey fellow FWB CAG! I'll swing by there later today. Hope they have a copy of Resistance 2 left. Were they in a special area, or were they just mixed in with the rest of the games?

Thanks!

Anyway, it's nice to know I am not the only CAG here now. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm unsure if they have any copies of Resistance 2 left (that aren't CE - those were ringing up at $55.XX of $57.XX). There were no more cardboard sleeves/tickets left for the regular edition and when I checked the samsclub website it showed that there were no more in stock in FWB (unsure how accurate the website usually is) - you could ask them to check their inventory - sometimes they have more cardboard sleeves/tickets than games, perhaps they may happen to have more games than tickets for this game?

edit: Just realized I didn't tell you that the games were all together in their normal video game aisle/cardboard sleeve farm.

I found a few good deals as well
Spiderman 3 $6.81
Midnight Club $12.81
PS3
Spiderman Web of Shadows $6.81
Rockband 2 $12.81
RSV2 CE $6.81
Mirrors Edge $14.89

[quote name='kart007k']why does Bad Company gold ed. costs so much?[/QUOTE]

I think it is just their basic equation of adding $10 to the collector's edition - when it was new it was ~ 59.99 reg ed / $69.99 col ed. Instead of following a logical reduction rate based on percentage cost of each base price, it looks like they reduced the base cost of the regular edition by x amt and merely kept the $10 differential between the CE and reg ed. Unsure if that is the case across the board, but that is my best guess for this scenario.

anyone else had luck with fallout 3? anyone price checked and had the prices be lower than the tag? I wish sams had price checkers so I didn't have to go up front.

So pissed at my Sam's Club. I went, and they only had crap games on sale like Fracture. But I did find a collector's edition for Gears of War for 12 bucks. I was estatic when the game run up at 8 dollars instead.

Then I take the game card to the counter where they have to fish out the actual copy from a locked cage. Teh girl kept hunting and hunting, and I had that sinking feeling that they wouldn't have it. After waiting 15 damn minutes, she told me that they didn't have it. So I had to go through the hassle of getting a refund all for NOTHING. Sam's club sucks big time.

[quote name='kingkiller33']So pissed at my Sam's Club. I went, and they only had crap games on sale like Fracture. But I did find a collector's edition for Gears of War for 12 bucks. I was estatic when the game run up at 8 dollars instead.

Then I take the game card to the counter where they have to fish out the actual copy from a locked game. Teh girl kept hunting and hunting, and I had that sinking feeling that they wouldn't have it. After waiting 15 damn minutes, she told me that they didn't have it. So I had to go through the hassle of getting a refund all for NOTHING. Sam's club sucks big time.[/QUOTE]

No doubt....I went there and they had 2 cards for resistance 2, shawn white snowboarding and TC endwar marked $8.81. So they start rooting around the games cabinet (and I see them sorting through a bunch of games that did NOT have cards on the shelf) the only one the actually had was a single copy of resistance 2.

So, I guess I am happy with my $14 R2, but how they actually manage their inventory or actually sell anything is beyond me....

[quote name='autche']I'm unsure if they have any copies of Resistance 2 left (that aren't CE - those were ringing up at $55.XX of $57.XX). There were no more cardboard sleeves/tickets left for the regular edition and when I checked the samsclub website it showed that there were no more in stock in FWB (unsure how accurate the website usually is) - you could ask them to check their inventory - sometimes they have more cardboard sleeves/tickets than games, perhaps they may happen to have more games than tickets for this game?

edit: Just realized I didn't tell you that the games were all together in their normal video game aisle/cardboard sleeve farm.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'll swing by and see what is left. I don't need to be spending the money, so part of me wishes I don't see anything I want.. but my curiosity is killing me.

The Target here in Destin has a few good games on clearance. Not sure if you have checked out here lately. Just thought I'd pass that along! I usually go around once a week or so to steak out deals in FWB and Destin.

[quote name='autche']YMMV = Your Miles May Vary, which essentially means you may not find the same pricing at your local store; could be more/less.[/QUOTE]

Mileage, bro. Damn, I wouldn't mind picking up a couple copies of Bad Company at that price.

Looks like everything good got picked over. Oh well! I've got a nice backlog to keep me busy.

Thanks again for the heads up, OP!

Went to my Sams's and asked someone to price check Resistance 2 for me. Came up $56 as sticker said. Didn't bother to check the other prices, even though I was interested in two other titles as well (BF:BC and ME). Oh well.

Just picked up Resistance 2 collectors edition for 17.81 along with Mirror image for 12.81, and Spiderman: Web of shadows for 11.81

[quote name='Bubbakja']anyone else had luck with fallout 3? anyone price checked and had the prices be lower than the tag? I wish sams had price checkers so I didn't have to go up front.[/QUOTE]

the CE was like 50 at the one I went to

I checked mine, no resistance in stock. They had fallout 3 ce for $51, but it was marked $71. Hoping I can go back sometime in july and get it for a better price

I actually joined today for this. She went to the case and told me there weren't any.. then a different supervisor said she saw it yesterday, and checked again, found 2. Bought them both. She was looking for the smaller game cases, not the big black CE case. So make sure they are looking for the big case, and not a regular ps3 case.

[quote name='Sancho1978']Awesome, I'll swing by and see what is left. I don't need to be spending the money, so part of me wishes I don't see anything I want.. but my curiosity is killing me.

The Target here in Destin has a few good games on clearance. Not sure if you have checked out here lately. Just thought I'd pass that along! I usually go around once a week or so to steak out deals in FWB and Destin.[/QUOTE]

I swing by the targets every once in a while; sometimes I score, other (more often than not) I strikeout. I haven't been in a couple weeks, I may take a wag at them next week to see what they have. Wish they would've had some games left at Sam's Club for you - and I agree with the other poster their inventory/storage system for games is total ass - it takes forever for them to find them (should they find them). Why would they make such a difficult system that is inconvenient for both the customers and workers?

I went and picked up Rock Band 2 a week ago for 21.xx and went back today to check out the seen and picked up Spiderman WoS for 11.xx and Pure for 15.xx so def check your local sams out for some good deals

[quote name='dmdragon']Just picked up Resistance 2 collectors edition for 17.81 along with Mirror image for 12.81, and Spiderman: Web of shadows for 11.81[/QUOTE]

care going back and picking me up a copy of Resistance 2?

actually, anyone? Please? :D

bread's done
Back