The Official July CAG Pick Ups Thread! Two Months Left of Summer!

Technically, I bought them at the end of last month, aka yesterday(from the Blockbuster B1G1 sale):

007: Quantum Of Solace(360): $14.99
Grand Theft Auto IV(PS3): FREE

Flipped both with my copy of Folklore I had from the Sears clearance to GS for Fight Night Round 4, which I promptly returned with a gift receipt to get $63.59 in credit put onto my EDGE card.:D

Now I just need to figure out what I wanna buy with it, a spare DS 3.....or Sacred 2.....or just sit on the credit for a while and wait till both are available used and a bit cheaper to be able to get BOTH.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Technically, I bought them at the end of last month, aka yesterday(from the Blockbuster B1G1 sale):

007: Quantum Of Solace(360): $14.99
Grand Theft Auto IV(PS3): FREE

Flipped both with my copy of Folklore I had from the Sears clearance to GS for Fight Night Round 4, which I promptly returned with a gift receipt to get $63.59 in credit put onto my EDGE card.:D

Now I just need to figure out what I wanna buy with it, a spare DS 3.....or Sacred 2.....or just sit on the credit for a while and wait till both are available used and a bit cheaper to be able to get BOTH.[/QUOTE]

use it on bayonetta or COD Modern warfare 2

[quote name='mguiddy']Oh no Pck21, you've got competition. ;):lol:[/QUOTE]

Oye! Tell me about it! :lol:

I actually came here to post the new thread and low and behold what do I see? Someone stepping onto my turf! LOL! :lol: Nah it's cool! He did a great job with the title for sure. ;):applause:

By the way, here's what I got so far...

:360: Burnout Paradise ($14.99 @ BBV used)
:360: Soldier of Fortune (Free @ BBV used)
:360: Tomb Raider: Anniversary ($9.99 @ BBV)
:360: Condemned (Free @ BBV)
:360: Fight Night Round 4 (Free @ GS with trade in deal)
:360: Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena ($14.98 @ Amazon)
:360: Supreme Commander ($4.99 @ HWV)
:360: Bully ($4.99 @ HWV)
:360: Rockband ($4.99 @HWV)
:360: NCAA Football 10 ($56.99 @ Amazon)
:psp: God of War: Chains of Olympus ($14.99 @ BBV)
:psp: Final Fantasy: Crisis Core (Free @ BBV)
:psp: Final Fantasy II ($4.99 @ HWV)
:ps3: Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard ($9.99 @ BBY)
:ps3: Golden Axe Beast Rider ($4.99 @ HWV)
:ps3: GTA IV ($4.99 @ HWV)
:ps3: Bioshock ($4.99 @ HWV)
:ps3: Baja ($4.99 @ HWV)
:ps3: Dragonball Z Burst Limit ($4.99 @ HWV)

Last edited by a moderator:
Only two months left of Summer?! Thank God! I hate Summer. More importantly, only six months left in this decade. Feeling old yet?!

I bought Smackdown vs Raw 2009 at Target for 12.95 which is awesome. I was about to get it for 27 dollars. Up next will be Lips for 12.95, because I've really wanted to get that and 12 dollars is just too good to pass up.

Hmm, technically, I paid for these last month, but I got Rogue Galaxy from a user on Goozex, and Children of Mana from a fellow CAG for a fiver. Started out the month pretty good!

Lots of pickups today.

SEARS:

:ps2: Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection - $29.99

Yeah, I know I paid full price for it, but it was kind of hard to find in my area. This marks the fifth time I've bought Metal Gear Solid 2.

GAMESTOP:
(sorted by different store)

:ps2: Tokobots Plus - $4.99
:ps2: Zone of the Enders - $4.99

:wii: Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom preorder - $5

Picked up Tokobots Plus because it looked interesting, as I'd never seen it before, and was told it was a port of a PSP game that was good at $30, so I couldn't really pass it up. Also, I finally found a copy of Zone of the Enders with the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo in the wild. The discs and case are pristine, as well. It also helps that I love Zone of the Enders.

:xbox: Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge - $2.24
:ps2: Gungrave Overdose - $3.99

I picked up Crimson Skies because of all the praise it gets, and it was so damn cheap. I'm on a continuing search to locate both Gungrave games, and it so much easier to find the sequel than to find the original. I did find it at one store, but it was in a generic case. No thanks.

:ps2: Suikoden IV - $8.99

The one store that I remembered to use my Edge card! I only went there because another store told me they had the original Gungrave, but this was the store that had it in a generic case. While flipping through their games, I noticed none of them had manuals. Apparently, manual theft is a big deal at this GS, so they keep them behind the counter with the games. Have any of you guys ever heard of a GS doing this?

only three days in and i have spent 150 bucks
xbox elite with 3 games 100.00 (helped a buddy out)
fear files
2x qos
2x wwe vs raw 2009
2x spiderman wos
used above for
fnr4
ncaa 10 preorder paid in full

fear files
turning point
army of two
ninja gaiden 2
lost odyessy

oh crap have spent more then 150
star ocean 2 for psp
lesiure suit larry
general command
facebreaker

i need to take a break

wheelman
fear 2
slow week for me

50 cent blood on the sand
chronicles of riddick athena
ncaa 2010
dirt
grid
midnight club la
fear 2
sonic collection

These were end of June/beginning of July pick ups for the most part.

Xbox 360 Elite. Came with original box and manuals, two controllers and 16 games (some of which were actually pretty good titles) - $275

Some of the games included in the bundle were, Resident Evil 5, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, The Darkness, Halo 2, etc.

--------

BlazBlue Limited Edition (360) & SF4 TE Fight Stick (360) - I believe I only spent like $70 out of my pocket, the rest was covered by TIV which essentially came from a bunch of games and a wireless controller from the Elite bundle that I picked up earlier in the week.

-----------

Fable 2 (sealed) - $12 off a fellow CAG

-----------

Macally Macbook case - $22 off of Amazon. Very nice case. It has a soft suede interior to protect your Macbook from scratches and a nice leather exterior to protect from other damages. Very good quality case, especially for the price. I recommend it to any fellow CAG's looking for their money's worth on a Macbook case.

-----------------

Silicone Macbook keyboard casing - $14 off of Amazon. Not as good of quality as I was hoping for, but it gets the job done I guess lol

Think that's about it for now, but the month is young

[quote name='Furashu']use it on bayonetta or COD Modern warfare 2[/QUOTE]

What is Bayonetta? The next game(s) I'm looking forward to are: I Am Alive(the idea of falling debris killing you has be intrigued to see how I can use it on enemies) and God Of War 3. Otherwise, I really don't see any games on the horizon that I'm that interested in.

I hate the Final Fantasy games, can't stand the fighting games like Street Fighter and I mostly can't stomach turn based games(though I have a copy of Civ Rev for PS3 I'm gonna give a fair shot, for $10 from Sears it's worth it).

[quote name='ohram']Only two months left of Summer?! Thank God! I hate Summer. More importantly, only six months left in this decade. Feeling old yet?!

I bought Smackdown vs Raw 2009 at Target for 12.95 which is awesome. I was about to get it for 27 dollars. Up next will be Lips for 12.95, because I've really wanted to get that and 12 dollars is just too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

At least your Target has those games on clearance. My closest Target still has copies of SD vs Raw 08 for PS3 sitting in the case for MSRP, I believe. Weren't those clearanced out already?

Iamthecheapestgamer,

if u like games like Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry
Bayonetta is very similar.

just go to gametrailers.

Well this is late June into early July. Pictures when I get it all.

Late June -
Chrono Trigger (SNES) - $30.99
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (PS1) - $25.00
Metroid Prime - $7.53
Mario Party 5 - $14.99

July-
Final Fantasy XII - $12.00
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance - $4.99
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec - $3.99
Final Fantasy II - $20.50
Final Fantasy III - $29.99
Final Fantasy VIII - $11.00
Final Fantasy IX - $10.00
Verizon LG VX8700 - $53.00

July
86$ spent at Blockbuster's buy 1, get 1 free.
List of games

BioShock, GTA IV, and Spiderman WoS, Traded in for BlazBlue

Devil May Cry 4, The World Ends with you, Mercs 2(PS3, 2x), Folklore, Conan, About 65$ in cash so far(After shipping)

NinjaTown, Pokemon Dungeons, and Locke's Quest, Either going be traded in on Goozex or 30 dollars more.

So those 86$ turned into about 65$, A free copy of Blazblue, and possible 50-60$ in Goozex Points.

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, 30$
Steel Battalion(compete kit), 70$

So I spent about 186$ this month. I'm buying nothing for the next few months. More Then I spent all year prior(Minus my Spacebucks buying on gameS)

This thread needs more pictures

DS B2G1 at best buy, not bad for $100 and my $10 copy of Eat Lead, and FNR4 from EA.com from the Sims 3 Cash Card deal.

main.php

Picked up an AO(not marked, but it's the first edition) GTA: SA today.

Got it with some stuff I traded in at The Exchange. Now I just need to find a manual for it.(disc is flawless, but it didn't come with a manual)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

At least your Target has those games on clearance. My closest Target still has copies of SD vs Raw 08 for PS3 sitting in the case for MSRP, I believe. Weren't those clearanced out already?[/QUOTE]

They ended up not having any of the other clearance games. I was really hoping for Lips too. Oh well. I did buy Anno 1701 for the pc and LifeLine for the PS2 recently.

Breath of Fire II- $19.99 at a used game/comic shop in Berkley,MI

All from Target in Farmington,MI

Prince of Persia- $14.98
Afro Samurai- $14.98
Left 4 Dead- $12.48
Ninja Blade- $19.98

Had a nice haul today at the local flea market before work:

-Revenge of Shinobi Sega Classic Version (complete) GEN
-The Lion King (boxed) GEN
-Sonic (boxed but with a golden axe ii manual :roll:) GEN
-Sonic 2 (Complete with 2 manuals :D) GEN
-Kirby's Avalance (cart) SNES
-Kirby's Adventure (cart) NES
-Spy Hunter (cart) NES
TOTAL: $15
First guy had a bunch of games for $3-5 each. I grabbed a bunch of games CIF $10 he countered with $20. I countered with $15. He said no. Started to walk away and he changed his mind. :D

-Jurassic Park (complete) GEN
-Dick Tracy (Boxed) GEN
-Sonic 3 (Cart) GEN
-6-Pak (cart) GEN
TOTAL: $8
Second person had Genesis games for $3 each, I offered $8, they accepted. Left a bunch of sports games.

-Sonic & Knuckles (cart) GEN
-Shinobi III (cart) GEN
TOTAL: $5

Third person had a bunch of Madden 90 somethings and other sports games. Picked these 2 out CIF'd $5 which was accepted.

I saw another vendor with good genesis games (Strider, Vectorman 1/2, Strider, Comix Zone, and so on but at $15 each and immune to CIF, I had to pass)

I think it was a pretty good haul for me even though it's not as good as some. I wanted to started a Genesis collection recently and I think this gave me a good start. I got the 4 main sonic games and some other good games.

Ill take pics... with my new camera when it arrives :D

So basically...... I traded in Reistance 2, Skate 2, COD WAW to Amazon, Paid $20 then Sold my DSi to a Cag for $155 Shipped, Made $135....

Got a $50 Best Buy Gift Card( from work for employee of the month) + $10 RZ Receipt, sold it to a friend for $60 cause he was gonna go there anyways....

USed that $185 towards a
Panasonic DMC-TZ5A For $224 Shipped
Lowepro Black Camera Case 10.99
Now to look for an 8GB SDHC Class 6 Card

Oh boy bought more stuff for my camera

8gb SDHC Kingston Class 6 17.99 - 5 MIR = 12.99+tax

53 MM Lens Cap Cover + Cap Keeper = $13.30 Shipped

Going to buy a screen protector.

Ill probably buy a T-shirt + Optimus Prime MM from SDCC and thats it for the month.

Grabbed a 360 Arcade and PSP Rock Band Bundle from Amazon thanks to the trade-in program, as well as the live starter kit from Wal-Mart. Via goozex: Halo 3, Crackdown, Fight Night 3, Gears of War, and Left 4 Dead. Via CAG trade: Dead Rising and Braid through XBLA.

So I now have 2 PS3s, a Wii, a 360, a DSlite and a PSP. I guess I can, in theory, play almost any console game ever made yet I really only dedicate about 10 hours a week to gaming (mostly handheld)... almost seems a waste, but the convenience is wonderful.

Got Blazblue(ps3) CE a few days ago
Fallout 3(360) and Op:Anchorage/Pitt DLC disc

Best haul of the month for me?
12 Month XBox Live for $.98!!!
Old Year Starter kit for Original XBox(with 12 months, headset/puck, and mechassault) got transfered into my gamecrazy. It was on clearance for $.98.

[quote name='myl0r']Got Blazblue(ps3) CE a few days ago
Fallout 3(360) and Op:Anchorage/Pitt DLC disc

Best haul of the month for me?
12 Month XBox Live for $.98!!!
Old Year Starter kit for Original XBox(with 12 months, headset/puck, and mechassault) got transfered into my gamecrazy. It was on clearance for $.98.
[/QUOTE]

Nice!

[quote name='rdogg1026']Nice![/QUOTE]
Thank you, I was pumped.

Went today and took advantage of the Gamestop trade bump/$20 games.

Got Bionic Commando(PS3)....I hear it's bad, but can it really be $20 bad? I can't see it being that bad.
Also Prince of Persia for $17 used for 360.

And lots of deals so far on CAG. I love this community!

Got some of my trades today.

:ps2: - Dirge Of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
:gc: - Geist
Dreamcast - The King Of Fighters Evolution
PS1 - Wild Arms 2
N64 - Mischief Makers

[quote name='ninjaspeedrazor']

Breath of Fire II- $19.99 at a used game/comic shop in Berkley,MI

[/QUOTE]

What is this shop called, and where is it? I want to check it out.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']What is this shop called, and where is it? I want to check it out.[/QUOTE]

It's called Time Travelers, it's east of Greenfield on the south side of 12 mile. It's mostly a comic shop but they've got a pretty good selection of old nes/snes/ps1 games decently priced. I don't really know any other place around that sells old school games.

[quote name='ninjaspeedrazor']It's called Time Travelers, it's east of Greenfield on the south side of 12 mile. It's mostly a comic shop but they've got a pretty good selection of old nes/snes/ps1 games decently priced. I don't really know any other place around that sells old school games.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I was supposed to go there on free comic book day, but it was too far for me to drive on what little sleep I had that day. My friend says it's pretty great, I'll likely check it out tomorrow.

My shopping was truncated by the local Street Art Fair, but I was able to get to GameStop to per-order Still Life 2. I also finally bought Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for around $14.

The art fair is held on the main street of my town, and the Blockbuster will usually have a sale on the days of the fair on DVDs and games. This years sale was all used games $14.99 and under buy one get one free, and $10 guides. I picked up :wii: deBlob and :ps2: Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon for $14.99, and a sealed and minty Smash Brothers Brawl guide for $10.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']My shopping was truncated by the local Street Art Fair, but I was able to get to GameStop to per-order Still Life 2. I also finally bought Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for around $14.

The art fair is held on the main street of my town, and the Blockbuster will usually have a sale on the days of the fair on DVDs and games. This years sale was all used games $14.99 and under buy one get one free, and $10 guides. I picked up :wii: deBlob and :ps2: Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon for $14.99, and a sealed and minty Smash Brothers Brawl guide for $10.[/QUOTE]

What Blockbuster is that? I've been looking for some cheap Wii games for my girlfriend, I may have to check it out.

[quote name='ninjaspeedrazor']What Blockbuster is that? I've been looking for some cheap Wii games for my girlfriend, I may have to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Corner of Biddle and Eureka in Wyandotte, but the selection was pretty slim, so it's not worth the trip down. If I can get there tomorrow, I'll let you know what they have.

3727580742_8bdf4d7833.jpg

Prototype: from FNR4 promotion using 3 games I was done with
Bionic Commando: $20
Too Human: free, club bing
DSi: free, prize from 2beegames

bread's done
Back