DVD Boxset deals at Big Lots Warner Bros, Hanna Barbera season sets $3, $6, and $10

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Trade thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231128

Big Azz sale at Big Lots on Warner Bros. sets (with some Hanna Barbera cartoons, and a spot of HBO DVDs) Originally the sale was only for 6 dollar sets, as advertised in their circular ad, but now they've added $3 and $10 sets. (These $3 and $10 sets, while currently ringing up at the correct prices, are supposed to be withheld for the 07/26 sales ad, which would explain why there may be trouble seeing them early, depending on your store)

Here are the boxsets seperated by price group.

$3

Adventures of Superman [Live action from '50s] (multiple seasons noted, need specifics)
Appleseed ExMachina 2 disc Steelcase
Batman the Animated Series volume 1 and Superman (90s cartoon) volume 1 bundled together
Batman the Animated Series (volumes 1, 3, 4)
Batman Beyond (Seasons 2, 3)
Best of Larry King interviews
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines complete series
Everwood season 1
Flintstones (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Johnny Quest season 1
Josie and the Pussy Cats complete series
Mission Hill complete series
Murphy Brown season 1 (price needs confirmation)
New Adventures of Lois and Clark (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4)
Pebbles and Bam-Bam show complete series
Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Popeye the Sailor 1933-1938 shorts collection
Power Puff Girls complete series
Space Ghost and Dino Boy complete series
Superman four disc SE
Tales from the Crypt (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Tom and Jerry three disc set
Top Cat complete series
Veronica Mars season 2
Wacky Races complete series
War at Home season 1

$6

Animaniacs (volumes 1, 2, 3)
Babylon 5 movie collection
Blade: The Complete Series
Dallas (seasons 1+2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Drew Carey season 1
Dukes of Hazard (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
ER (seasons 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Friends (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Full House (seasons 5, 6)
History of Rock and Roll
Jamie Fox Show (select seasons)
Joey season 1
Justice League (two pack and three pack of episodes spotted)
Knots Landing season 1 (also select seasons)
Lakers' Championship
Life Goes On season 1
Loonatics Unleashed season 1
Looney Tunes short spotlight collection volume 2 (not the normal big set, this is something smaller with half the content)
NFL Inside the Vault
Night Court season 1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
:br: Nip Tuck season 4 (also on :dvd:)
The OC (seasons 2, 3)
Pinky and the Brain (volumes 1, 2)
Pro Football Hall of Fame: 85 years of Greatness
Pup named Scooby Doo two-pack
Roots: 30th Anniversary
Roots: The Next Generation
Samurai Jack seasons 1-3 pack (entire series)
Scooby Doo season 3
Scooby Doo Best of New Scooby Doo Movies
Scooby Doo movie 5-pack
Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour complete series
Scooby Doo/Tom and Jerry two pack movie set
Six Feet Under season 3 (also select seasons)
Smallville season 4 (also select seasons)
:br: Smallville (seasons 6, 7)
Southpark three pack [not full seasons]
Super Bowl Collections (I-X, XI-XX, XXI-XXX, XXXI-XL)
Super Friends (volume 1, volume 2)
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show- The Complete series (13 episodes)
Thundercats (season 1 volume 1, season 1 volume 2, season 1 volume 3, season 2 volume 2)
Tracey Takes On (seasons 1, 2)
Wait till your Father Comes Home season 1
The West Wing season 2
Wonder Woman (complete series and invidual box sets of seasons spotted)

$10

IMAX movie collection
Looney Tunes Golden Collection 1-5 bundle
Looney Tunes movie collection (The Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner Movie, and 1001 Rabbit Tales)
Roots complete collection
Stanley Kubrick movie collection
Super Bowl collection (all four sets combined?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to find Scooby Doo! S3 for $6 ...wouldn't mind picking up a copy of Animaniacs Vol.1 as well

Lots of other sets have been found... Definately YMMV as to what you find at your location, mine have yet to get this shipment in.
According to members at DVD talk, other memorable titles have been the ten year super bowl sets, thundercats sets, one guy found the complete Wonder Woman series... A few have found the BLU-RAY of smallville season 6 I believe... Seems to be the only blu seen however...

Grabbed Pinky and the Brain volume 1 and the Scooby Doo Movies set--if anyone's looking to trade, I'm interested in Animaniacs and the 2nd Pinky and the Brain.

Also grabbed the movie "The Squid and the Whale". There was a ridiculous amount of movies there.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is Thundercats any good? I was curious about it, but I ultimately didn't pick up the two volumes I saw.[/QUOTE]

I'd youtube some of it before you buy, ESPECIALLY since you're only getting 1/3 of the season for $6.

[quote name='manthing']I'd youtube some of it before you buy, ESPECIALLY since you're only getting 1/3 of the season for $6.[/QUOTE]

Hardly 1/3. If this is what I think it is, it's only ONE disc released individually. There are 6 discs for each half of each season. That would be $6 for 1/12th of a season.

You can buy season 1 v1 & v2 for about $20 each now, and S2 v1 & v2 for about $10 (not sure why S2 got so oversaturated to drop that low in the secondary market). Check Amazon marketplace sellers for the best deal.

I went to Big Lots today, they didn't get this shipment in yet.

[quote name='Kerig']Hardly 1/3. If this is what I think it is, it's only ONE disc released individually. There are 6 discs for each half of each season. That would be $6 for 1/12th of a season.

[/QUOTE]

Actually I think there is two discs in each set.

And from what I could tell, they weren't even sealed and were in generic cases.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Couldnt find any sets whatsoever at the 2 Big Lots nearest me. I'd kill for Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain though.

:([/QUOTE]

Me neither, they had a ton of $3 DVDs through. I didn't buy any (I was in a rush and only wanted the $6 box sets).

I didn't see anything to this effect while I was there last week, will check again tonight.

Why the hell can I not find a plastic pitcher that has a lid? You'd think there would be more options than I know what to do with

Wow, I'm glad I found this thread! Went to the closet Big Lots here in Houston (919 Shepard) and found an overflowing 4 sided turnstyle cabinet and four shelf endcap. They had tons of dvds, seasons and they even had old PC titles and a few VHS cassettes.

the most notable they had:
- Pinky and the Brain Vol. 2 (no animaniacs)
- Super Friends Vol. 2
- Six Feet Under, S3
- Dukes of Hazard, S5 & S6
- Life Goes On, S1
- Knot's Landing, S1
- Nip/Tuck, S4 (which was the only one I got)
- Laker's Championship DVD
- History of Rock N Roll

These were all $6, standard DVD's ranged from $3-$6, I had to stay away from those or I could have done some serious damage. I couldn't believe how semi-current they are (6 mos to a year old)

I'd love Six Feet Under, if for some reason a store got all of the seasons. Looks like there's the possibilitiy of there being a decent HBO selection, possibly.

Also, my stores are telling me they get trucks in Thursday, and to check Friday or Saturday if their stock has changed. Something to keep in mind if your stores are the same as mine.

I am dying for my BL's to get some of this in... According to DVD talk, they aren't technically supposed to put these out until July 12 as they are advertised in that Sundays ad, but lots of BL's have been putting them out already.

Thanks for the heads up: Not many box sets at mine here in Cincinnati but I did manage to snag Animaniacs Vol 1 and Pinky and the Brain Vol 1 and a few $3 dvds.

[quote name='zman73']I am dying for my BL's to get some of this in... According to DVD talk, they aren't technically supposed to put these out until July 12 as they are advertised in that Sundays ad, but lots of BL's have been putting them out already.[/QUOTE]

interesting..........

My location had a ton of Thundercats, Scooby Doo, Animaniacs Vol. 1, Pinky and the Brain Vol. 1, but nothing else from the list. Picked up those last two, at least, but I'd love to find Vol. 2 for both of them also.

Hit 3 more Big Lots today. One of them had no box sets. The second had Animaniacs seasons 1 and 2 (also picked up "the Best of Arli$$" for $3) and Pinky and the Brain season 1. The third had lots of the Scooby Doo movie box set.

Is anyone interested in Pinky and the Brain season 1? I picked up a spare just in case. I'm looking for season 2, or it's yours for $8 Paypal...

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, no Scooby Doo or Animaniacs near me. I did manage to pick up for $6 each:

Six Feet Under Season 3
Smallville Season 4
Smallville Season 7 (blu ray)
Wonderwoman - The Complete Series
Superfriends Volume 2

The Wonderwoman complete series for $6 was right next to the individual seasons for $6. I thought that was kind of funny. I also picked up a couple of kids dvds and An Evening with Kevin Smith 2 for $3 each.

I just went and was able to pick up Animaniacs Season One and Thundercats Season One: Volume 1 both for $6. Thanks OP! It sucks that I work RIGHT BESIDE a Big Lots but didn't check the dvd section last time I was in there so I probably missed out on Animaniacs Season Two. I'll keep checking though! :)

[quote name='jscme']Unfortunately, no Scooby Doo or Animaniacs near me. I did manage to pick up for $6 each:

Six Feet Under Season 3
Smallville Season 4
Smallville Season 7 (blu ray)
Wonderwoman - The Complete Series
Superfriends Volume 2

The Wonderwoman complete series for $6 was right next to the individual seasons for $6. I thought that was kind of funny. I also picked up a couple of kids dvds and An Evening with Kevin Smith 2 for $3 each.[/QUOTE]

damn. Nice finds!

Damn...I stopped by tonight and only picked up Animaniacs Vol 1. Saw plenty of P&TB Vol 1. (I already own that one) , Thudercats, and scooby doo. I'll be happy if I can find Animaniacs Vol 2 and P&TB Vol 2. Damn....

I hope I find Drew Carey Show. That'd be hot, the first season was really, really good. Really legitimately funny and well written. Later on the show went downhill, but the final seasons were really good.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I hope I find Drew Carey Show. That'd be hot, the first season was really, really good. Really legitimately funny and well written. Later on the show went downhill, but the final seasons were really good.[/QUOTE]
Im watching it on youtube right now. I thought it jumped the shark around s6. I'm on 8 now, so maybe it'll turn around soon.

i found a huge selection of stuff. i got

wonder woman the complete collection
thundercats season 2 vol 2
drew carey show season 1
smallville season 7 (blu)
pinky and the brain (p&tb) vol 1
dynomutt scooby doo series
blade the series
and a few others.

they also had select seasons of:
six feet under
friends
er
dallas
knots landing
smallville
jamie foxx show
wonder woman

i picked up doubles of what i could for most of them. let me know if anyone wants any.

fos - i can pick you up a drew carey if you want.

Saw the following today:

Dallas S1&2 (1 set)
New Scooby Doo Movies (got 2)
Animaniacs V1 (got 2)
Superbowl set
Best of Arliss ($3)
What Til Your Father Comes Home
Super Friends V1
Scooby Doo movie/Tom & Jerry 2 packs (3 different kinds)
Thundercats Season 1 Volume 2 sets 2&3 (2 dvds each)

Did NOT see any Smallville S7 blus. Anyone wanna sell one at cost + shipping? Got my mom looking for some at the Biglots near her.

I want Animaniacs! grrr...

Drew Carey was good the first 4-5 seasons, and then the rest of the show is garbage. More so when Kate leaves to go to work on Scrubs, that was horrible.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Im watching it on youtube right now. I thought it jumped the shark around s6. I'm on 8 now, so maybe it'll turn around soon.[/QUOTE]
I think season 8 and 9 were great. This was when ABC still had to either produce the show or pay out the contract even though the show had turned into a huge ratings bomb, so they were burning out two episodes a week during the summer for two summers. They tried more things with the show, including some single camera scenes. It seemed like to me they were trying to be less mainstream and it was better for it.

It's hard to describe when the show started to become unfunny. Season 6 might be a good place to start. I just fondly remember season 1 as being clever, and legitimately well written.

Animal, I might send you a PM. Thanks. :D

I managed to pick up Pinky and the Brain volume 1 and The Justice League Collection (3 DVD set). I'm a little disappointed to find the justice league set is just some episodes and not a full season.

Either my Big Lots was cleaned out or they didn't get much because the only set I found was Tracey Takes On season 2.

Animal- Your PM box is full. I will pick up another Animaniacs V1 on the way home from work in the morning and mail it off for you (they still have like 7 left). What is your address?

The superbowl set is a SET, an big ass box with it looks like 5 games, I think. I forget the #s, but it's a few games and "10 hours of bonus footage" if I remember right (I only glanced at it).

Not all too much on the boxset front but I picked up Joey season 1 ($6) and God, the Devil and Bob ($3)

I opened up my copy of pinky and the brain. I found fingerprints on the disks. I guess someone at the factory wasn't too careful putting them in.

bread's done
Back