$10 off Boom Blox Bash Party, Tiger Woods 10, Grand Slam Tennis (Wii) at Amazon

[quote name='HebiyO']it looks like they lack wii motion plus. if so, lame.[/QUOTE]

I almost bit on Tiger Woods and hadn't noticed this. Thanks for the heads up. Too bad. I guess I'll still be waiting until WiiSports Resort drops to pick up Motion+.

I really wish this sale extended to the Motion Plus bundle on Tiger Woods 10, because then I would definitely pick it up. As is, I'll probably just wait on a good deal on that version.

[quote name='abilyk']ECA coupon does work on these -- at least it does on Boom Blox Bash Party. I just ordered, no problems.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure you're getting the discount? I just tried again and the codes are showing up as expired. Apparently they expired at the end of June and the ECA is working with Amazon to provide current codes. We've been discussing this issue over in the ECA thread this morning.

[quote name='abilyk']ECA coupon does work on these -- at least it does on Boom Blox Bash Party. I just ordered, no problems.
00.gif
[/QUOTE]

Excellent, that's good to know; thanks for the heads up. Might as well save a bit of coin.

[quote name='Vader582']Are you sure you're getting the discount? I just tried again and the codes are showing up as expired. Apparently they expired at the end of June and the ECA is working with Amazon to provide current codes. We've been discussing this issue over in the ECA thread this morning.[/QUOTE]

OK, you caught me. I did get the ECA discount on this, but I didn't order today -- I ordered last night. I didn't want to fess up about finding the deal and forgetting to post, but I had no idea that all the codes just expired. :roll:

[quote name='abilyk']OK, you caught me. I did get the ECA discount on this, but I didn't order today -- I ordered last night. I didn't want to fess up about finding the deal and forgetting to post, but I had no idea that all the codes just expired. :roll:[/QUOTE]
I wasn't trying to be an ass, I was just trying to make sure you actually got the discount.

[quote name='Vader582']I wasn't trying to be an ass, I was just trying to make sure you actually got the discount.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, I didn't take it that way, so no worries. On topic: Boom Blox in particular is definitely a great deal, even without the ECA discount. I loved the first one.

[quote name='HebiyO']it looks like they lack wii motion plus. if so, lame.[/QUOTE]

I thought this was going to be the first game with it included, no?

[quote name='spartan789']I thought this was going to be the first game with it included, no?[/QUOTE]
They did it RB/GHWT style. Verisons with WM+ and game only versions.

Thinking of picking up Grand Slam Tennis after hearing all the good reviews for the game. Anyone know if it's worth it? Been needing a tennis fixing and it doesn't look like the PS3 has any alternatives to this Wii game.

[quote name='nflsonic']Thinking of picking up Grand Slam Tennis after hearing all the good reviews for the game. Anyone know if it's worth it? Been needing a tennis fixing and it doesn't look like the PS3 has any alternatives to this Wii game.[/QUOTE]

Some comments refer to a learning curve, for me I only needed time to get used to hitting down the line because my natural swing would always hit the ball cross court. There are some frustrating moments but it never deters from what I want out of this game, which is a really fun time.

[quote name='Metallic00']Is Boom Blox worth $30? I don't know anything about it but I've heard it's good.[/QUOTE]

I second this question.

Also I'm wondering if I am a newcomer to the series, should I purchase the initial version first? The quicker someone answers, the quicker I support a 3rd Party Wii games. :)

[quote name='strayfoxx']I second this question.

Also I'm wondering if I am a newcomer to the series, should I purchase the initial version first? The quicker someone answers, the quicker I support a 3rd Party Wii games. :)[/QUOTE]

Does it count if it's uninformed? I think avoiding #1 in this case is fine, as I understand it #2 supports user-generated content (big plus imo) and the game doesn't center on an elaborate story that you'll need to be caught up on. I don't know about $30 (I'm really cheap) but this one has been on my radar for awhile and I'll be jumping soon.

Really I shouldn't answer though--there are too many people buying games apart from the obvious shovel ware. The decay on wii prices is depressing. It's like the 3rd parties have adopted the Nintendo understock strategy and kept supply well behind demand.

I recently saw Raving Rabbids 1 for $20. It's a freaking launch game. They should be giving it away with purchase of a six pack of coke zero by now.

I'd love to see GameFly's profit margins on wii used sales vs other platforms.

I bought Bash Party with the Sims cash cards a while back. According to reviews it's more in depth and has more than the first which I never played. It's fun but gets a bit tedious. I never got a chance to play multiplayer though which is supposed to be the appeal of this game (bash party anyone?).

Anyway, I sold it to Amazon just the other day for $27... lol. Funny how it's on sale there for just two more dollars.

Bash Party and Boom Blox (the first one) are tremendous games. Some of the puzzles take forever but the multiplayer aspect is a lot of fun. As with a lot of wii games, you can play it with kids and not be worried that you're somehow corrupting them. I play with the nephews all the time. I'd suggest jumping on this if you're inclined. Boom Blox has been out forever and it's dropped to $29. $39 is pretty damn good. Wait.. it's $30? That's a steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boom blox is basically a must have if youve got a wii, i have the first one and its great and i only see the newer version being better.

bread's done
Back