*NEW* Fatal Frame Trilogy (PS2) - $79.99 shipped @ GQD

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Want to own the scariest game collection of all time? Here ya go! ;)

Link!

Enter code GPFATALS for $30 off. Shipping is free. Thanks Game Podunk for the code.

game-questdirect_2061_70964483

Fatal Frame is in the same vein as the Silent Hill series..with a more twisted Japanese style of horror like "The Grudge".

Play them in the dark and prepare to wet yourself. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I found Fatal Frame III the other day used at a Gamestop. It was complete and looked mint, but I couldn't pay $39.99 (+10% off) for it. I can't even pay $80 for all three, but this does look like a good deal for those interested. I just don't like horror games enough.

That's not pricey at ALL. Less than $30 each for some great horror games, never mind their rarity.

Figures that GQD would be the ones re-re-releasing them. That means they'll never get a good price. This Trilogy would have been $30 if it were released by a real company.

[quote name='Kerig']Figures that GQD would be the ones re-re-releasing them. That means they'll never get a good price. This Trilogy would have been $30 if it were released by a real company.[/QUOTE]

At one point, on the aftermarket, the other two games dropped about 40% for new copies, so I think it will be OK. :)

This second reprint of the second and third titles will make those titles fall much harder.

[quote name='Kerig']Figures that GQD would be the ones re-re-releasing them. That means they'll never get a good price. This Trilogy would have been $30 if it were released by a real company.[/QUOTE]

I'd say that that's already a good price.

I already have FF for the PS2 and got FF II for the Xbox for $12 at Gamestop about a year ago, so I need to find FF III on its own.

[quote name='vherub']wow, the value of these 3 on amazon/ebay is going to take a hit soon[/QUOTE]

It already did

[quote name='Curufinwe']I already have FF for the PS2 and got FF II for the Xbox for $12 at Gamestop about a year ago, so I need to find FF III on its own.[/QUOTE]

I'd be a bit patient and let this circulate a bit. I'm sure you'll find a nice deal on Tecmo-FFIII soon.

Looks like they jacked up the price. $109.99 now.

EDIT: Never mind I forgot to apply the code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap. I have a sealed FF 2 for PS2 I have no interest in and I've been meaning to unload it for over a year. This is what I get for waiting :(

[quote name='Sinnbox']was FF III released for XBOX.[/QUOTE]

Nope.

is this a reprint? or are they just having a hard time selling these. The game is kinda rare, but not heavy demand...

[quote name='gobz']Damn GQD and my game collection's value getting decreased :([/QUOTE]

That's why you sell stuff/wait out the reprints.

also, I suck at following my own advice!

don't worry, the reprints can only be reprinted at a certain rate. They cannot exceed their limits set by the companies. So you can either wait it out if you plan to sell this because the ps2 is dying soon. Reprinting would be for xbox 360 and ps3 games soon.

[quote name='gobz']Damn GQD and my game collection's value getting decreased :([/QUOTE]

Why do you care? The only reason for owning a game is because you enjoy playing it. Has Toy Story 2 taught us nothing?

[quote name='ninja dog']is this a reprint? or are they just having a hard time selling these. The game is kinda rare, but not heavy demand...[/QUOTE]

It has to be a reprint because they didn't reprint FF1 before now. I don't think that they'd just randomly find enough copies to make bundles.

Anyway, i like the FF series. And who knows, maybe if this sells well enough, Tecmo will be like "HEY NINTENfuckERS, AMERICAN PEOPLE LIKE FATAL FRAME!!! RELEASE THAT SHIT!!!"

Disclaimer: I bear no ill will to those that are half Ninten and half fuckers.

[quote name='Camwi']I'd say that that's already a good price.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure many CAGs (myself included) were able to get FFII from TRU for $9.98 back when they were clearancing them out.

The real problem is with III. It was released so late in the system's life and in such low quantity that it never had a chance to drop in price. It just disappeared after eager fans bought the initial run for $50 MSRP.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Why are these games so expensive? I used to see FF2 at walmart for like $29.[/QUOTE]

This is less than $27 per game.

[quote name='Vegan']Why do you care? The only reason for owning a game is because you enjoy playing it. Has Toy Story 2 taught us nothing?[/QUOTE]

Stamps are just for mailing?
Coins just for currency?
Books just for reading?

The point is some people may choose to collect something (in this case video games) that other perhaps see as fungible goods.

It would be nice if the reprints would be something in the form of "Greatest Hits" which would help maintain the value of originals for collectors.

I and others seek to develop video game collections. Therefore, the only reason for owning a game is not SOLELY because you enjoy playing it. And although I am a huge fan of Don Rickles I have not seen either of the Toy Story films and therefore don't understand your reference.

I'm not really sure I should preorder this. They charge you now, so what if their company tanks before they ship the games? They have a "bond guarantee" available. I can see it now...
"Haha bitches, this happened because you didn't buy our bond guarantee."
I'm probably just paranoid.

Boy, I've been buying so many games lately and I really don't need more atm.

But I always loved the series and never bought any, just rented them. I would love a chance to own the and beat them...

[quote name='gobz']Stamps are just for mailing?
Coins just for currency?
Books just for reading?

The point is some people may choose to collect something (in this case video games) that other perhaps see as fungible goods.

It would be nice if the reprints would be something in the form of "Greatest Hits" which would help maintain the value of originals for collectors.

I and others seek to develop video game collections. Therefore, the only reason for owning a game is not SOLELY because you enjoy playing it. And although I am a huge fan of Don Rickles I have not seen either of the Toy Story films and therefore don't understand your reference.[/QUOTE]

If the point is to have a collection, value still doesn't come into play. By all means, keep it as part of your collection. But wanting to keep it rare just so you have something "valuable" is selfish.

Anyone have any idea if this is going to be coming out at retailers? I've tried looking online elsewhere for it, and not seeing anything of the sort. Is this some kind of website exclusive?

[quote name='Vegan']Has Toy Story 2 taught us nothing?[/QUOTE]

It taught Pixar to never make another sequel ever again...and yet they're still planning on releasing Toy Story 3.

[quote name='gobz']Stamps are just for mailing?
Coins just for currency?
Books just for reading?

I and others seek to develop video game collections. Therefore, the only reason for owning a game is not SOLELY because you enjoy playing it. And although I am a huge fan of Don Rickles I have not seen either of the Toy Story films and therefore don't understand your reference.[/QUOTE]

The problem with this is that game value comes largely from people wanting to play it. Look at Tetris DS, Rez, Ico, etc. They're not easy to find, and people want to play them. Same reason that prices drop even when a game is reprinted as a GH, with some other hideous label (I think Ubisoft does this), or released digitally. FF7 being a good example-- it wasn't really rare, it wasn't really an amazing collector's piece, but a lot of people wanted to play it, with good reason. When it came out in PSN, demand dropped for PS1 copies. This is coincidentally the mechanism that TCGs thrive off of-- some people will hoard cards for their collectable values, while others want them for playing with.

On the other hand, people aren't in any shortage of stamps to mail things with, coins to buy with, or books to read from-- books comes the closest to games, but even then the popular ones tend to be reprinted, in less-valuable non-first-editions. If stamp collectors were able to keep people from mailing, people would be more pissed off; except where coins and stamps will keep printing and minting until demand is met (stamp/coin collecting actually makes money for the government; the US government has made like four and a half billion from the 50 State quarter gimmick) , many video games will never be reprinted. Once they're off the shelves, the people that snapped them up can resell them at a higher value.

If you want to collect for the sake of having a collection of games, do it. If you want to make a profit off of your games, don't call it a collection. It's an investment. And like the stock market, your investments can shoot way up, or drop down, depending on supply and demand, which is determined by factors which you can guess at and read about.

The people that really have a right to be pissed off are those who buy from 'collectors' who care about how much they can make by buying low and selling high and then later find that the game is reprinted-- the publisher let it slip for long enough that they had to buy it at an inflated rate instead of being able to buy it new; which benefits neither publisher nor gamer.

On the Fatal Frame Trilogy, I think this would be neat, if it were $20-30. $80 is way too high for three PS2 games, regardless of how much of a cult following they may have. Especially when there are trilogies out of far better series of games-- MGS, DMC, Hitman, GTA-- at far lower prices. For $80, I could get two better games new, and one far better game used. For $80, I could get a dozen comparable games used. For $80, I could get five games on my 'must buy' list right now. For games I'd like to play, but am not dying for, you're going to have to do more to convince me.

[quote name='gaxur']
On the Fatal Frame Trilogy, I think this would be neat, if it were $20-30. $80 is way too high for three PS2 games, regardless of how much of a cult following they may have. Especially when there are trilogies out of far better series of games-- MGS, DMC, Hitman, GTA-- at far lower prices. For $80, I could get two better games new, and one far better game used. For $80, I could get a dozen comparable games used. [/QUOTE]

Your opinion is so wrong it physically harms me.

I happily bought each of the Fatal Frame games for $50 each as they were released and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. They were some of the BEST games, survival horror or otherwise, that I have EVER played.

$80 for NEW copies of the entire trilogy is a STEAL.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Your opinion is so wrong it physically harms me. I happily bought each of the Fatal Frame games for $50 each as they were released....[/QUOTE]

We've all been told all of our lives that the extraordinarily high cost of video games is to pay for the cost of creating them, not just making the physical media. If you paid $50 when they released, you were part of the system that pays back the creators. We're now many, many years past that.

New release: $50: High price to recoup costs + profit
Re-release: $20: Lower price to extend profit + let more gamers enjoy it.
Trilogy release: $30: Sure, why not? (Jabo0ody Dubs!)

GQD is breaking the standard mold we've accepted for game pricing, and I don't appreciate that one bit. I vaguely recall their reasoning for the high price the last time they reprinted them, but I'd really like for them to explain to us why another secret reprinting is still priced at full retail (after the coupon expires, this set will be back at $110).

If a game that requires a hefty bundle to be produced can recoup the money invested into it at $50, then who's getting the bundle-cash now? Surely not just Tecmo for giving the ok to re-re-release it. Someone please get GQD on the horn and have them explain themselves.

Oh, and Gameboy: there's no such thing as a wrong opinion.

It's nice that you think buying the game brand new was worth it, but that doesn't mean that they're fairly or reasonably priced. All of the similar trilogy sets on PS2 have been $30 (and usually dropping to $20), $80 is obviously quite a bit higher than that. Heck, Nintendo is releasing the Metroid Prime Trilogy at $50-- which is not just the two upgraded rereleases of MP1/MP2 (which haven't been released in North America yet), but also Metroid Prime 3-- which still apparently has an MSRP of $50. They're basically giving you a new MP3, with the first two games free. Why should I spend $30 more on a trilogy with significantly worse reviews, on a last gen console, without any new content? Why is Fatal Frame worth $50 more than the other excellent trilogies which have been released at $30?

Even if you look at them as individual games, $27 each isn't that good. Heck, more recent PS2 games (Persona 4, for example) cost about that much (and I'm pretty sure it's also better reviewed). If they were reprinted as GH, they'd still only be $60 total. And that's without any coupon. And quite frankly, as noted above, why in the world is it so much? This almost reeks more of storing away a crate of games, not rereleasing them. If you're rereleasing them, why would you attempt to match price gouger's efforts? They're the sort of people you're trying to not help.

Like FF7; new copies of that could be sold for insane amounts. But people would've been outraged if the PSN price had been more than $10 (ignoring the debate over the 6/10 split with most PSOne classics and the really popular ones), and Sony/SE didn't use it as an excuse to price gouge.

bread's done
Back