Splitscreen Games?

Zetsuma

CAG Veteran
Ever since the peak of online gaming with the release of the 360, let's face it- Splitscreen gaming is dead. No more 4 player games like Goldeneye, Timesplitters, Hunter the Reckoning, and other fun examples of one-console fun for friends and family that come along every now and then.

However, there are a small few that still do exist- I'd some recommendations of the BEST 4-player splitscreen games that are for the Xbox360. (and xbox, if it's still compatible) I own quite a few, to name some- including some obscure ones.

Halo 3
(4 Player, AND online? EXTREMELY fun due to customization of levels in the new maps)

Call of Duty 4/5
Not exactly my favourites- Online beats splitscren hands down. Most maps are gone, and above all, no customization of classes.

Perfect Dark Zero|
Utter terrible. An unfinished game with wonky controls and the absolute WORST ragdoll physics in existence. When killed, your character just seems to freeze in place and explode shortly afterwards. Compared to its predecessor, absolute CRAP.

Castle Crashers
Cheap, mindless beat-em-up fun for the whole campaign, and afterwards due to the unlockable weapons and characters. Worth 20 dollars back then (they should probably drop the price by now) and lasted my money's worth for about 2 weeks casual gameplay.

Farcry: Predator
Basically a port of the two farcry games on the Xbox, with slight graphical differences- Still, multiplayer NEVER gets old due to the wide variety of features in the mapmaker.

The Club
WONDERFUL multiplayer game. Decent graphics, fluid controls, unique characters and all around mindless shootery. A must for splitscreen owners.

TL;DR Version:

I'd like your suggestions on THE BEST 4-player splitscreen games that can be played on this Generation's Consoles.

Perfect Dark wasn't that bad. I love playing infection on it. It's pure win compared to Halo's version of it. Especially when you throw 16 bots into it.

As for best split screen; L4D hands down.

Nice site, bookmarked. I tend to go with PDZ just because of the bots, Gears 2 as well since they have bots in that as well but not as many. Its good to play with friends like a party game that don't want to get dominated by the online community and such. Too totally different games though. Its disappointing to not see any racing games on that site however, I'm pretty sure a few have split screen though (Burnout Revenge, NFS Carbon, PGR3/4, Forza2 are just off the top of my head).

Aren't Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter and Resident Evil 5 also in splitscreen? But I think you're including 2-4 players on-screen as well.

I am looking forward to the next Chapter of Hunter: The Reckoning series.

bread's done
Back