Oversized signatures must (and will) go!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
We (defender) will be implementing a signature limiter to ensure that CAGs are not using signatures that are distracting to other CAGs.

We have not decided on a size limit yet, but if you have a inkling that your sig image is too big, than it probably is and you should start the process of picking/creating a smaller one.

thank you. I was going to say something, but figured I would wait for cheapy to say something.

They are annoying to see and if you turn your sigs off you can never see a trade list

will this only limit size of pics? or text also. cause i have a text heavy sig, with a tiny pic (which i can remove if need be) any one see MWL's current sig? takes up my whole screen.

Any chance of adding a pixel limit too? Say...maybe 200 or so pixels tall?

It's not the load times that bother me...it's the images that take up half of the damn screen on this monitor (800x600).

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']any one see MWL's current sig? takes up my whole screen.[/quote]

Post a link to it.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Any chance of adding a pixel limit too? Say...maybe 200 or so pixels tall?

It's not the load times that bother me...it's the images that take up half of the damn screen on this monitor (800x600).[/quote]

That IS what he's talking about.

I figure they will be limited in every aspect - Length, width, KB, etc.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I thought this would be a moot issue with the ability to turn off signatures. :roll:[/quote]

you never trade though and most people stick their trade lists in their sig

Also sorry you guys have to do more work because of a small minority

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I thought this would be a moot issue with the ability to turn off signatures. :roll:[/quote]

Um, no.

We ALL have a right to enjoy the sig feature.

The "if you don't like my sig you can shove it" attitude is not a good one.
:roll:

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I thought this would be a moot issue with the ability to turn off signatures. :roll:[/quote]

Also sorry you guys have to do more work because of a small minority[/quote]

As if they don't post threads about their lists as well as post the links every time they want something?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I thought this would be a moot issue with the ability to turn off signatures. :roll:[/quote]

Also sorry you guys have to do more work because of a small minority[/quote]

As if they don't post threads about their lists as well as post the links every time they want something?[/quote]

some people do and some people do not

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I thought this would be a moot issue with the ability to turn off signatures. :roll:[/quote]

Um, no.

We ALL have a right to enjoy the sig feature.

The "if you don't like my sig you can shove it" attitude is not a good one.
:roll:[/quote]

Well...in that case...enjoy this! :lol:

sheepsigwsb.gif

Sheesh...if you're going to be posting pictures of Morgan Webb constantly, at least take the time to find some where she looks even remotely attractive...

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']its like looking at medusa. christ some one chop its head off.[/quote]

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Sheesh...if you're going to be posting pictures of Morgan Webb constantly, at least take the time to find some where she looks even remotely attractive...[/quote]

Now we are just egging him on. I am guilty of this too. Jeez, we all need to grow up

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']its like looking at medusa. christ some one chop its head off.[/quote]

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Sheesh...if you're going to be posting pictures of Morgan Webb constantly, at least take the time to find some where she looks even remotely attractive...[/quote]

Now we are just egging him on. I am guilty of this too. Jeez, we all need to grow up[/quote]

Um, no one's to blame for this but MWL. He is clearly mocking Cheapy and the new sig restrictions. He is clearly looking to get banned, and I say Cheapy ablidge him.

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Mustang O-Line 75'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']its like looking at medusa. christ some one chop its head off.[/quote]

Now we are just egging him on. I am guilty of this too. Jeez, we all need to grow up[/quote]

Um, no one's to blame for this but MWL. He is clearly mocking Cheapy and the new sig restrictions. He is clearly looking to get banned, and I say Cheapy ablidge him.[/quote]

Or at least make him get his sig smaller instead of just banning him. Even if he is trying to be annoying I mean maybe all he needs is a second chance to be proven a good person
............. Or at least just let him change his sig so it's not so freaking big. Your right it doesn't take up my entire monitor (big monitor) but it's too big.

cheapys on right now, hopefully he'll step in. i believe if the thread hadnt been locked, defender wouldve gotten a few more votes in the ban category

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Mustang O-Line 75'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']its like looking at medusa. christ some one chop its head off.[/quote]

Um, no one's to blame for this but MWL. He is clearly mocking Cheapy and the new sig restrictions. He is clearly looking to get banned, and I say Cheapy ablidge him.[/quote]

Or at least make him get his sig smaller instead of just banning him. Even if he is trying to be annoying I mean maybe all he needs is a second chance to be proven a good person
............. Or at least just let him change his sig so it's not so freaking big. Your right it doesn't take up my entire monitor (big monitor) but it's too big.[/quote]

he already had a second chance and now ke mocks everyone

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']its like looking at medusa. christ some one chop its head off.[/quote]

You may be right. With Cheapy D and Defender just about ready to go live with sig restrictions, a major point of why some people despise MWL so much will be a moot point.

[quote name='MorganWebbLover']Yeah I totally agree some people Signatures.are way to big .[/quote]

I can't believe I defended you. Why must you mock the Webmaster?

I voted 'No - but make him lose the sig' in the poll. Yet now he is definitely mocking everyone. If I had a chance I'd change my vote to banninate his arse.

god maybe the first time i heard about morgan webb i thought she looked okay but that was before i knew she hosted the game show...now it hink she looks like crap..i cant stand to see that pic lol

[quote name='CheapyD']We (defender) will be implementing a signature limiter to ensure that CAGs are not using signatures that are distracting to other CAGs.

We have not decided on a size limit yet, but if you have a inkling that your sig image is too big, than it probably is and you should start the process of picking/creating a smaller one.[/quote]

So when is this gonna happen?

Now apart from big sig pics people are using gigantic animated gifs. :puke:

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='CheapyD']We (defender) will be implementing a signature limiter to ensure that CAGs are not using signatures that are distracting to other CAGs.

We have not decided on a size limit yet, but if you have a inkling that your sig image is too big, than it probably is and you should start the process of picking/creating a smaller one.[/quote]

Now apart from big sig pics people are using gigantic animated gifs. :puke:[/quote]

I don't know how you survived here without that pukey smiley. :lol:

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='CheapyD']We (defender) will be implementing a signature limiter to ensure that CAGs are not using signatures that are distracting to other CAGs.

Now apart from big sig pics people are using gigantic animated gifs. :puke:[/quote]

I don't know how you survived here without that pukey smiley. :lol:[/quote]

Let ScrubKing have his puking smiley...I'm happy as long as I have mine:

:spam:

Cheapy or Defender,

Is it possible to lift the limit on images-per-sig and just limit the total width of the images themselves?

My sig uses 4 images, but is under 15KB, as so:

bds1.gif
bds2.gif

It seems that those of us with reasonable sigs are getting hosed much more than the handful of people who weren't respectful in the first place.

Think about it, and post if you can.

[quote name='Scrubking']Once again I ask - did this ever happen or what cause I keep seeing sigs like this.

cs.gif
[/quote]

Thats a funny sig though.............

If you had a large signature before we installed the signature limiter, it will still work, unless I manually edit an individual user's signature or wipe out everyone's signature (something I don't want to do).

I have a dream where the poster will be judged on the content of his post and not the absurdity of their signature or avatar.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I have a dream where the poster will be judged on the content of his post and not the absurdity of their signature or avatar.[/quote]

Really? Thats a stupid ass dream. I have dreams where sharks attack me or someone is following me.

I enjoy avatars and all, but then I don't like scrolling down a mile to see 10 posts. The signature limiter will be good and for those who are still offended, they always have the option of turning them off.

bread's done
Back