GoGamer 4th of July Madness

Draekon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Direct link: http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness_stcVVcatId544567VVviewcat.htm

Mad_Mail_073009_700px_85.jpg
Mad_Mail_073009_700px_86.jpg

EDIT:

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Guys,

ALL of the console import titles we carry DO WORK on U.S. machines. We would not sell them if they did not.

Jason[/QUOTE]

---

Warning to those interested in ANNO 1404. It has Tages DRM. Some details:

Q: How often can I activate my game?
A: Usually you can activate your game on initially three different PC configurations - after those activations are used up you can simply contact the support team who will increase activation limits when needed - please see the contact details.

Q: What changes to my PC require a new activation?
A: A PC configuration in the view of the activation system consists of the major hardware and software components of your computer – including the operating system, CPU, mainboard and system hard disc. Minor changes like replacing the graphics card, connecting an additional disc or adding more memory to the PC do not change the PC configuration and reactivation is not needed.

Q: Why is there no revocation tool?
A: Revocation would only work from an already activated PC and is technically limited. In case you had to reinstall your operating system, revocation would not be possible. You can always simply contact the support team who will increase activation limits when needed.

Q: What happens in the unlikely event of the publisher and/or the protection company stopping the support for the game? What happens if the activation servers are turned off?
A: In such a case a patch for the game will be released that removes the activation protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow velvet assasin on the pc for 25 bucks thats a good deal. I liked the xbox version but when it hits 15 or less ill buy it on the pc.

Looks like it was a good decision to sell off my Age of Conan CEs on eBay back when the game was first released. :applause:

[quote name='CheapyD']Heh, I admit to clicking on it.[/QUOTE]

Now you make me want to add a rick roll youtube link or something along those lines to the hotdog. ;(

[quote name='gravel']Does the (I) in a title indicate an international version? If so, will these work in the US?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the (I) means international version which is also the European PAL version. As for it working on the 360, it depends on the game. I'm not entirely certain on the listed 360 games myself, but PC and PS3 should be fine.

according to amazon reviews, both those keyboards are terrible for gaming

The Microsoft keyboard can only recognize 2 keystrokes at the same time
The Saitek keyboard's keys begin to stick after a while of heavy gaming

Ok, this is like the 3rd time they've had Unreal 3 on sale and every time I consider it yet never order it. I know they released a major patch for it to try to keep the online community from dying and that I can use the CD-key on Steam as well but for those of you that own it, is it still worth buying? Thanks.

[quote name='Draekon']
Yes, the (I) means international version which is also the European PAL version. As for it working on the 360, it depends on the game. I'm not entirely certain on the listed 360 games myself, but PC and PS3 should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait on :360:Stormrise then. It's supposed to be bad, so I should be able to find the US version on the cheap at some point.

[quote name='redlupine']according to amazon reviews, both those keyboards are terrible for gaming

The Microsoft keyboard can only recognize 2 keystrokes at the same time
The Saitek keyboard's keys begin to stick after a while of heavy gaming[/QUOTE]

I just read that Amazon review and I have no clue what that person is talking about. I have been using this keyboard for more than a year and I've never had trouble with multiple keys at once. I play a game called Stepmania on the PC which is like ddr but free. In that game you have to be holding down 3-4 keys at once very often, and at least with the arrow keys it has always been just fine. I'm not sure if that is different than what he was referring to as multiple key strokes, but it sounds like it. I am seriously considering getting myself another one because mine is kind of dirty and there's no way I'm taking the keys out to clean it.

I owned a Saitek Eclipse 1 (BLUE) for over 2 years, was a good keyboard, paint on the keys started to wear out, and the LEDs started to dim.

I got a Saitek Eclipse 2 now , and its GREAT.

Also I caved in on ANNO 1404, I know it has DRM up the butt, but the GAME is so amazing (well the demo was), its seriously one of the best city builders/economic games out. 1701 was very good also, I wish GoG would sell the gold version of 1701.

thought it was to good to be true, and it was.. i'll pass on international version.

(fight night round 4 + rise of the argonauts)

[quote name='drevel']Is this NTSC version or PAL? anyone know. I cannot access the site from work.[/QUOTE]

The site says:

"Little Big is PAL Region Free Edition and works on any PS3"

I clicked on the hot dog. I admit it.

Also, nothing I'm too interested in here, but that Rise of Nations deal is pretty sweet.

Anyone have any experience with that headset? I need a new mouse, keyboard, and headset and it looks like this may be quite useful...

[quote name='earvcunanan']xD

Btw, is the hot dog region-free?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely, it's region free. And in this case I would heavily recommend over-night shipping.

Nice to see Conan CE on sale again for $10. They must have a few warehouses full of those things...

[quote name='talon2099']Ok, this is like the 3rd time they've had Unreal 3 on sale and every time I consider it yet never order it. I know they released a major patch for it to try to keep the online community from dying and that I can use the CD-key on Steam as well but for those of you that own it, is it still worth buying? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I'd definitely say so, there's even a few really cool mods for it like The Haunted. And it does, surprisingly, have a single-player "campaign" with full coop. The content pack was pretty massive too. Overall well worth $15 or less.

[quote name='Hoffgod']Anyone have any experience with that headset? I need a new mouse, keyboard, and headset and it looks like this may be quite useful...

Absolutely, it's region free. And in this case I would heavily recommend over-night shipping.[/QUOTE]

Don't get the keyboard if you plan on playing games.

Lots of great prices. Tempted to get Call of Juarez 1, BiA: Hell's Highway and Turok. I heard it was a painfully average shooter, but wasting dinosaurs with your knife is hard to pass up.

(adds items to cart)

Hm, $6 shipping bringing the total to $25. Eh....

[quote name='talon2099']Ok, this is like the 3rd time they've had Unreal 3 on sale and every time I consider it yet never order it. I know they released a major patch for it to try to keep the online community from dying and that I can use the CD-key on Steam as well but for those of you that own it, is it still worth buying? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'd say you should get it. I haven't played online much, but I played for a good week or so and I had a blast. The new modes are pretty cool, the titan mutators and ridiculously awesome and combing the two is just plain fun.

I know a lot of UT fans bashed this game to no end, so I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised when I started playing. Sure it's not as awesome as UT2004 was, but I think it's pretty damn close.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Lots of great prices. Tempted to get Call of Juarez 1, BiA: Hell's Highway and Turok. I heard it was a painfully average shooter, but wasting dinosaurs with your knife is hard to pass up.

(adds items to cart)

Hm, $6 shipping bringing the total to $25. Eh....[/QUOTE]

Take Turok out of your cart. It takes like 17 or 18 gigs of hard disc space and is not optimized, at all.

I think I will pick up RSV2, PoP, Call of Juarez and CoJ Bound in Blood, and Oblivion for the PC.

I was tempted to get End War, Stormrise, and Rise of the Argonauts for the 360 but I wasn't sure if they would work on my US 360 (NTSC). Anyone know for sure?

I was just looking at this in an e-mail I received this morning... Fight Night for $43? NICE. I wonder.. should I buy 3 games to trade in to Gamestop or should I just buy it from here??

Wait... all International versions? Nvm..

[quote name='earvcunanan']xD

Btw, is the hot dog region-free?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no, kind of USA thing with a the exceptional asian kid. However, there are trophies and achievements enabled. Rumor is DLC is coming to the hotdog. Like the swiss version, with dried onion and pickles.

How well does the Xbox Wireless Controller for Xbox 360 work for PC gaming? I have Windows XP 64bit and Vista 32bit, and neither have bluetooth.

The description didn't mention any PC compatability, which is worrisome.

EDIT:
Just reading up, and realized that you need a separate dongle for about $20 as well since it's wireless.

[quote name='carpwrist']Unfortunately no, kind of USA thing with a the exceptional asian kid. However, there are trophies and achievements enabled. Rumor is DLC is coming to the hotdog. Like the swiss version, with dried onion and pickles.[/QUOTE]

You should have bought the Bratwurst Collector's Edition.

[quote name='Darusame']How well does the Xbox Wireless Controller for Xbox 360 work for PC gaming? I have Windows XP 64bit and Vista 32bit, and neither have bluetooth.

The description didn't mention any PC compatability, which is worrisome.
[/QUOTE]It works well for PC gaming, though you need a USB-connected receiver to get it to work. All the MS 360 wireless controllers user a proprietary 2.4Ghz connection, and that's where the receiver comes in.

This is the item in question:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessgamingreceiver/

GoGamer doesn't have it, unfortunately. If you have a KMart nearby, you may be able to find one on clearance on the cheap. There's probably CAGs in the trading forum that also have them, plus other B&M & online retailers.

What's it mean when they have an "(I)" in the PC game listing over there? Import Version?

I'm still not happy about the activation limit on Anno 1404 but $30 is getting me closer to tolerating it.

Fight Night Round 4 is very tempting. I've bought several International versions from this site, and all of them have been identical to their U.S. versions, and I haven't had any problems with them, even though they specify PAL. The only difference is the UPC codes and ratings (they use Europe's rating systems, so you get a PG instead of E, for example). I'm not sure if this is the case on every game, though, as I've mostly bought Guitar Hero series games, and never bought an EA game. It will probably not be eligible for trade-ins at most mainstream game dealers, but if you don't plan on trading it in, it might be a good deal.

Picked up the HoMM III and IV pack to go with HoMM V I got from Steam last weekend. Also added the Settlers games to fill out my collection there as well and the $1.90 mouse in case I wear mine out playing all these TBS games. Looks like the hot dog was OOS though or I would have bit on that as well :)

[quote name='Hoffgod']Anyone have any experience with that headset? I need a new mouse, keyboard, and headset and it looks like this may be quite useful...

Absolutely, it's region free. And in this case I would heavily recommend over-night shipping.[/QUOTE]

I just went on Amazon and noticed that it vibrates! WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR!?

[quote name='ohram']I just went on Amazon and noticed that it vibrates! WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR!?[/QUOTE]
A girl to use it on.

Anyways, it's an ok selection. Too bad my parents won't let me buy anymore games :bomb:

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Guys,

ALL of the console import titles we carry DO WORK on U.S. machines. We would not sell them if they did not.

Jason[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. Now to decide against hunting down 3 of the games on the Gamestop list and see if I can get them for less than $30 or just avoid the hassle and buy it from GoGamer... Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='sneakysnake128']A girl to use it on.

Anyways, it's an ok selection. Too bad my parents won't let me buy anymore games :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That's funny. My wife won't let me buy any more games. :roll:

Any thoughts on the refurbed 360? Says it has a 120day warranty, but what about MS' 3-year warranty? Does that only apply on new units?

i'm looking at the mouse, headset, and keyboard also are they good products? the headset i have now blows and the price for the mouse and keyboard WOW, but the shipping it's giving me with them in my cart is kind of high $12 to ship is that the real shipping cost?

[quote name='Legolas813']The site says:

"Little Big is PAL Region Free Edition and works on any PS3"[/QUOTE]

Yeah it works fine, but you have to download the dlc from the European PSN Store.

bread's done
Back