- - - - -

Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition Discontinued - Guide Replacement Details Available

#1 no_exit   Custom User Title CAGiversary!   1028 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:50 AM

Order Links:

Deluxe Edition (includes 150+ page strategy guide and collectible outer slipcase):
Play-Asia: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $79.90 (shipping: $9.40 in bubble mailer - $11.90 in a box)

Standard Edition:
Amazon: Demon's Souls Standard Edition w/ ArtBook $56.99 (w/ECA: - $5.70 = $51.29 + free shipping)
GoGamer.com: Demon's Souls Standard Edition w/ ArtBook $52.90 + $2.99 shipping = $55.89
GameStop: Demon's Souls Standard Edition $59.99 (free shipping with code: saver)

----------------------------------------------------------------

11/12 UPDATE - Strategy Guide Replacement Program Details Announced (thanks gunm)

Demon's Souls Official Strategy Guide Replacement Program

11/04 UPDATE - Atlus Announces Strategy Guide Replacement Program

Posted Image

Atlus Forum Thread

11/04 UPDATE - Moved OOS links

Out of Stock:
Amazon: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $69.99 (w/ECA: - $7.00 = $62.99 + free shipping)
NewEgg: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $69.99 (free shipping)
goHastings: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $69.99 (shipping is either $2.99 or $8.99)
GameQuestDirect: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $69.99 (save $5 with promo code SAVE5 + free shipping)
eStarland: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $67.95 (shipping is $7.00)
goHastings (via Amazon Marketplace): Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $77.96 (shipping: $3.99)
FatGamer: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $65.20 (shipping: $7.71 UPS Ground - $10 Priority Mail) - only 1 remaining in stock
AlternativeDVD: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $84.99 (shipping: ~$10 Priority Mail)
Stoosi: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $84.99 (free shipping)
VideoGameGeeks: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $79.99 (shipping: $6.45 to $10.20 Priority Mail - shipping varies and it depends on how far the package is shipped)
Best Buy: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition $69.99 + tax (shipping: $2.99 or free for Silver premier)

10/19 UPDATE - ATLUS CONFIRMS THE DELUXE EDITION IS DISCONTINUED

The publisher also announced that the game's Deluxe Edition, which featured a 160-page strategy guide and collectible embossed slipcase, is now considered out of print in North America and will not be remanufactured.

Thanks for the link Penguin1084

10/04 UPDATE - Added new additional pre-order bonus (thx Waru)

Get exclusive 30-day first access to the Wraith Costume Set and bonus starter items for free-to-play Atlus steampunk MMORPG, Neo Steam: The Shattered Continent!. Wraith Costume expires 30 days after activation. Limited quantities available. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

8/23 UPDATE - Added inks to Samples

Art Book & Soundtrack Sample
Official Strategy Guide Sample

7/29 UPDATE - 71 Minute Soundtrack is now included with all pre-orders! Thanks for the info Starky27!

Atlus just sent out an update to sweeten the deal. All preorders now include a 24-song, 71 minute soundtrack CD included with the previously announced artbook.

Video with a preview of Demon's Souls - Looks fantastic!

G4 preview: http://g4tv.com/vide...ed-Walkthrough/

Original Post from July 4:

The Demon's Souls US release was announced today: October 6 - pre-orders NOW AVAILABLE.

Also, the game will be part of the Atlus Spoils program...
Posted Image

In addition to the standard version of the game, which now features new North-American exclusive box art, there will also be a deluxe edition. For less than it costs to import the game, fans will receive a 150+ page strategy guide (only available as part of this deluxe version, not for sale anywhere else) and a collectible outer slipcase, in addition to the game itself.

Moreover, gamers who pre-order either version will receive a free bonus art book with designs and concept sketches from the world of Demon's Souls (only at participating retailers, while supplies last).

Demon's Souls for PlayStation 3 system is scheduled for North American release on October 6, 2009.

The standard version will retail with an MSRP of $59.99, and the deluxe edition with an MSRP of $69.99.

Pre-orders for the deluxe edition are scheduled to begin on Wednesday, July 8th.

Source

Edited by no_exit, 13 November 2009 - 01:49 AM.
OOS at goHastings again - now only Play-Asia has it

#2 buckythekat   dv8 King of Concerns CAGiversary!   3199 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

buckythekat

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:54 AM

looks like I'll be buying deluxe

#3 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2338 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:55 AM

Less than the cost to import the game...how much does it cost to import the game? =)

#4 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5316 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:02 AM

Regular is $60 and Deluxe is $70. Preorders for the deluxe start on Wednesday the 8th. Given the complexity of the game, it looks like I might have to cancel my Amazon preorder at $51 and swap it for the Deluxe. Seems like they would be better off just doing one version of the game, but maybe they think it's going to do huge numbers.

#5 greeble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:04 AM

I can't remember the last time I've bought a special or deluxe version of a game, But in this case I'm sorely tempted. (Mostly because its am awesome game and a reasonable $70)

#6 knightsdwn   Beautiful Plastic CAGiversary!   3381 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:09 AM

I've been tempted to import the game but I'm definitely waiting for the Deluxe version to be released.

I wonder how in-depth the included strategy guide will be?

#7 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21972 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:21 AM

Hm... $10 for a strategy guide and a slipbox.:-k I'm on the border about this... it would be nice if they threw in a soundtrack with the deluxe version.

I'm kinda spoiled by the BlazBlue upgrade, since that was free.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Transformers Devastation - :-k

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#8 jrhawk42   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:57 AM

Less than the cost to import the game...how much does it cost to import the game? =)

about $75... so you're not really saving a whole lot, and you're waiting till October.

on the plus side you get to play the game in english.
Posted Image

#9 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2338 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:01 AM

It's pretty much all english anyway, right? The asian version.

I don't know, the game gets really great reviews from people, but I don't want a hair pulling difficult kill me 50 times over again game. Some difficulty is cool, but people talk about the literally hundreds of times they die. I don't know if the frustration would be worth it for me =/

#10 Rai Rai   Lookin' in all the right places CAGiversary!   14954 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:03 AM

One of the interviews I saw mentioned Atlus was trying to get extra content added.

Here's the interview, they mention it a little bit after the middle of the vid:

http://www.gametrail...ayer/52090.html

So... keep that in mind too.

#11 sinned47   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:41 AM

a smart person would just wait for the us release.

i love artbooks. thanks atlus, you've done it again.

#12 mmnno   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:06 AM

Daamn. I imported months ago, now I'm tempted to double dip.

It's pretty much all english anyway, right? The asian version.

I don't know, the game gets really great reviews from people, but I don't want a hair pulling difficult kill me 50 times over again game. Some difficulty is cool, but people talk about the literally hundreds of times they die. I don't know if the frustration would be worth it for me =/

It's not like a JRPG where when you die you're just pissed at yourself for wasting a bunch of time. To me it seems more like dying in a platformer, only instead of getting killed by frustrating controls/camera, you got rocked by a monster in action-rpg combat. You do lose the souls you were carrying (combined exp/currency) if you die twice without recovering your body but I made it through my first game without getting more frustrated than I did in Diablo 1.

#13 Loonknight   Dirk The Daring CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Loonknight

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:14 AM

I'll pick this up for sure. I just have to head over to Gamestop and cancel my preorder on the regular version. I just hope they offer the deluxe version so I can just move my preorder and just pay the extra $10.

#14 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2338 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:24 AM

Daamn. I imported months ago, now I'm tempted to double dip.

It's not like a JRPG where when you die you're just pissed at yourself for wasting a bunch of time. To me it seems more like dying in a platformer, only instead of getting killed by frustrating controls/camera, you got rocked by a monster in action-rpg combat. You do lose the souls you were carrying (combined exp/currency) if you die twice without recovering your body but I made it through my first game without getting more frustrated than I did in Diablo 1.

Helpful post, thank you. I love rpgs and I'm a bit burnt on regular jrpgs, and only some western ones hold my interest, so I've kind of floundered around. And I did hear a lot of people do way better on their second time through.

#15 lee7sauce   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

lee7sauce

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:03 AM

So when can we start pre-ordering these things from Amazon?

#16 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5117 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:47 PM

Well looks like amazon is going to get 69.99 from me for my second ps3 game. I have had a 60 gig ps3 for 2 or 3 years now. Got it on new years day and have only bought resistance for it.
Posted Image

#17 sleepydumbdude   MASHED POTATOES!! CAGiversary!   2054 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

sleepydumbdude

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:07 PM

I'll be getting it. I love atlus.

#18 punkmaggit   Masashi Hamauzu > you CAGiversary!   2506 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

Deluxe version it is!! I knew Atlus wouldn't let us down.

#19 Lan_Zer0   Heaven or Hell CAGiversary!   1103 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

Soundtrack would have been nice, but I was going to preorder anyways. Just need for this to show up in my gold box.
Let me show you them.

#20 cochesecochese   corrompido e imoral CAGiversary!   4894 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

cochesecochese

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

Deluxe for sure. Pre-orders in three days? I'm down. Do they charge me the money right when I pre-order or when it ships?

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#21 yoshi9784   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

yoshi9784

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:55 PM

Oh shi...exclusive box art!

This game used to look interesting, but after watching videos of dumb AI and reading reviews about bad boss fights ad the let down of the final battle, I am not looking forward to the game.

I suggest taking a more careful look at the game before plopping down $70 (let alone $60 for the regular version) for this game.

On a more positive note, if you like co-op, it has online co-op.

#22 pjb16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:12 PM

Deluxe for sure. Pre-orders in three days? I'm down. Do they charge me the money right when I pre-order or when it ships?

Amazon doesn't charge until it ships. Not sure about everywhere else.

#23 cochesecochese   corrompido e imoral CAGiversary!   4894 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

cochesecochese

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:23 PM

This game used to look interesting, but after watching videos of dumb AI and reading reviews about bad boss fights ad the let down of the final battle, I am not looking forward to the game.

????????????????????????

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#24 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1679 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:33 PM

Yay more stuff! :)

#25 akmgmer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

I think i'm going to have to get this Deluxe edition. It looks like an awesome game as well.

#26 Nirron   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

So tempted to get the Deluxe Edition. It looks like my kind of game from reviews, gameplay vids, etc. Now if I hear that DoubleJump is doing the strategy guide for the Deluxe, I'll be a guaranteed preorder, as they stuff so much stuff into their guides.
Posted Image

#27 Nibi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:56 AM

For ten dollars more you get nice packaging and a guide, as well as the art book. Seems worth it to me.
Current Hypewagon pick-
Spoiler

#28 jaab   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:36 AM

Will definitely be grabbing the deluxe version, I want to support them for bringing this game over here. I already came really close to importing it.

#29 wampa8jedi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4096 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:42 AM

Definitely pre-ordering this once it becomes available... increasingly glad I decided to wait, rather than import :)
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#30 Apushmataha   Dragon's Crayon CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Apushmataha

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:56 AM

I am embarrassed to say that this game completely slipped under my radar. It looks fantastic, though. I am gonna pre-order, no doubt.