Xbox 360 Arcade and 12-Month Gold Messenger Pack offers at Amazon

worrybomb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
Amazon is running a couple of Xbox 360 promotions.

First off, when you purchase a Xbox 360 Arcade console priced at $199.99, you are qualified to get Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts game for free. Both items must appear in the same cart before checkout. Promotion ends on July 11, 2009 at 11:59PST. Click here for more details.

Finally, you can purchase the Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Messenger Gold Pack which includes a 12-Month Gold subscription code for Xbox Live, Project Gotham Racing 4 game, messenger chatpad, and a Xbox 360 headset for $55.96. Purchase it before July 11, 2009 and you'll receive a $10 promotional credit towards the Xbox Live store over at Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bit on the gold pack. I figure I can trade the game in for something I would enjoy more, or keep it since I have no dedicated racing games in my library. Thanks for the heads up, my friend!

[quote name='worrybomb']

Finally, you can purchase the Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Messenger Gold Pack which includes a 12-Month Gold subscription code for Xbox Live, Project Gotham Racing 4 game, and a Xbox 360 headset for $55.96. Purchase it before July 11, 2009 and you'll receive a $10 promotional credit towards the Xbox Live store over at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to add that the text pad/messenger controller add-on also comes with this pack.

[quote name='confoosious']anyone trade in the headset at GS lately? I don't need another one.[/QUOTE]

Neither do I but I figure it won't hurt having a backup in case mine breaks. Or also handy for when a friend is over and we're playing online multiplayer. Think I'm gonna bite on this one. Thanks for the heads up!!

[quote name='confoosious']anyone trade in the headset at GS lately? I don't need another one.[/QUOTE]

You'll likely get a dollar or two...so don't make your decision based on getting a great return on that.

[quote name='dragonjud']You'll likely get a dollar or two...so don't make your decision based on getting a great return on that.[/QUOTE]
Last time I traded one in (a few weeks ago) the tiv was at $5. Not great but better than the buck I was expecting.

$5 isn't too bad.

This item is $56... let's break it down

$5 headset
$5 PGR4 (approx value)
$40 12 month membership (usually $45 on amazon but have seen as low as $40 from a reputable source)
$10 coupon
$20 chatpad

so about $80 worth of stuff for $56. hmmmm....

[quote name='confoosious']$5 isn't too bad.

$5 headset
$5 PGR4 (approx value)
$40 12 month membership (usually $45 on amazon but have seen as low as $40 from a reputable source)
$10 coupon
$20 chatpad

so about $80 worth of stuff for $56. hmmmm....[/QUOTE]

Good breakdown. I almost pulled the trigger, then noticed that NY gets charged tax...deal breaker for me.

another good find, arcade plus 12 month gold messenger pack. so cheap and worth it.
151l1259.jpg

$5 headset
$5 PGR4 (approx value)
$10 coupon
$20 chatpad

so about $80 worth of stuff for $56. hmmmm....
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Nice work. Pretty decent savings in my eyes.

I was never a fan of PGR4(or the series in general), but the year of Live and the Chat pad make this offer pretty tempting

$5 headset
$5 PGR4 (approx value)
$10 coupon
$20 chatpad

so about $80 worth of stuff for $56. hmmmm....[/QUOTE]

Idd, was thninkin whether or not got into it... now im IN! ^^

[quote name='supremebeanjw1']Crap, I JUST bought an Xbox 360 Arcade from them a few days ago. Time to call them and see if I can get my free game.[/QUOTE]

same here. keep us updated

I bought an arcade the other day with the console coupon and tried to stack the free game with it, but it would not work. So I am interested if anyone can get it to work or calls after the console has shipped and is able to get the game.

^ I got rhythm heaven and blue dsi deal to stack with the coupon :) I think this would work similarly

Wonder if this is the best chance to use the $75 amazon coupon...or wait for something better.

I ordered an XBox 360 arcade on July 3rd. I just saw yesterday, that the promotion had started. I e-mailed Amazon support, and told them I didn't know about the promotion, I ordered it before July 11th, and I just didn't add it to the cart at the time of purchase (which are the requirements of the promotion). They e-mailed me back and told me that since my console had already shipped, for me to make a separate purchase of banjo kazooie, and send another help request with the order number and re-explaining the situation. The purchase price of banjo was waived. Amazon e-mail support is awesome and fast.

Got the gold pack. My gold is up sometime soon, not sure exactly when, and I don't have a chat pad, plus the $10 is always useful. This will be somewhere between my 3rd and 5th headset, however... PGR4 is decent, not as good as 3, but I've already played through it anyway...

I had to stop myself on the gold pack. I already have over three years worth of Live subs, tons of points, a chat pad, many headsets, and PGR4.
It's such a good deal though and player 2 could have chat pad and LAN-up PGR4. ;-)

[quote name='Joe Sparxxx']How often do people use their chatpad? Is it a worthy accessory?[/QUOTE]

I bought a chatpad from MS's version of EPP. I used it a ton when I first got it. I took it off when a friend used the controller and forgot to put it back on. Maybe this will get me to put it back on now. (probably not though)

Also the Messenger pack is back up to $59.99 (only 14% off now)

~blonde moment edit. The $59.99 is from J&R. You have to change to Amazon if you're buying.

i just purchased this deal for $56 (nice) but on the amazon page it said nothing about the $10 coupon to their coming xbox live store. is it still available? i thought it was good through July 11th. did it say it on the page when you guys purchased it, or was it a treat that you found when you opened the package?

I bought this today, and also saw a discount on a year's subscription to a magazine. I decided upon a year's worth of the Official Xbox Magazine-saved $12.48 on that as well. All that together seems like a fine deal to me, though the $10 credit for the Xbox Live store would sweeten the pot just a bit more. I didn't see anything about it on the page-does anyone know if that part of the offer has expired?

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']I bought this today, and also saw a discount on a year's subscription to a magazine. I decided upon a year's worth of the Official Xbox Magazine-saved $12.48 on that as well. All that together seems like a fine deal to me, though the $10 credit for the Xbox Live store would sweeten the pot just a bit more. I didn't see anything about it on the page-does anyone know if that part of the offer has expired?[/QUOTE]

yeah, I wonder the same. Is the $10 credit for Xbox Live store still active? I don't have a use for a magazine sub personally. The price of the kit is now $60 though.

damn... i really need to come to CAG every day, I would have totally jumped on it when it was $56 and came with $10 bonus credit. oh well.

Question to anyone who bought the Arcade bundle. Are the units they are shipping the new Jasper models? I want to get rid of my 2006 xbox while it stills works and has RROD warranty and upgrade to a Jasper with HDMI, but i'm leary of buying online for fear of getting an older model.

I just discovered that, even though it was not advertised on the product page, that I did indeed get the $10 credit for their XBL store. I should have visited it before I asked my question. Snagged a code for Castle Crashers for $5 on top of everything else :D

I got the pack today, along with an email giving me the details on the $10 XBLA credit. I must say, the chatpad does not look great on a black controller.

bread's done
Back