Guitar Hero Metallica + Smash Hits (360/PS3/Wii/PS2) $70/$60/$50 - RedOctane - 1 Day

Tempted for a minute but I've heard bad things about Smash hits and Metallica should be dropping in price soon.

I looked in my e-mail this morning and saw this subject line from Red Octane: "1 Day Only! $50 Guitar Hero Smash Hits & Metallica with Free 2-Day Shipping." I thought for sure they meant that each game was $50. I said to myself that if it turns out both games can be had on the 360 for $50, I'll get them without thinking. Turns out they were referring to the PS2 versions and the 360 versions of the games are $70 for both. Still a good deal but I might have to sit on this one for a few hours and think about it.

Metallica is awesome if you are a fan. I saw some review of Smash Hits that said it was offloaded to some other dev team and they didn't add anything new as well as used weird note charts.

I really liked Smash hits when I rented it the other day. It totally should have been DLC or had the option to download the songs into WT but it's still a really fun Guitar Hero game if you want to play the old songs with a full band. I'm very tempted and will be thinking about this deal all day!

Metallica is awesome too

[quote name='me_schnitzel']I really liked Smash hits when I rented it the other day. It totally should have been DLC or had the option to download the songs into WT but it's still a really fun Guitar Hero game if you want to play the old songs with a full band. I'm very tempted and will be thinking about this deal all day!

Metallica is awesome too[/QUOTE]

I enjoy GH:SH. I'd like to get Metallica and this gives me a reason to return the already puchased GH:SH and save some cash.

The complaints are silly since the game's entire point is to have older songs with a full band.

I heard that both of these games were basically poop...
A nice find though for those that do want the game though.
Good job OP.

GH:M is great if you're a fan. GH:SH was really, really fun IMO. My friend and I loved going back through and playing the old GH1 songs we haven't been able to play since we sold our PS2's, and the GH80's tracks were awesome.

Great deal if you don't have either.

Just thought I'd insert my usual caveat about ordering from Red Octane...it took me almost a year to get a refund/credit from them after disputing with my credit card during the GHII 360 release debacle...they may be better now, but they've got ZERO customer service.

thanks for post, and thanks for heads up about red octane. =)
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Tempting....
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Its so tempting I am afraid I am going to bite the bullet on this one.

[quote name='Jauron']Tempted for a minute but I've heard bad things about Smash hits and Metallica should be dropping in price soon.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Same here heard some bad reviews about it, so passing on this one.

bread's done
Back