ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Per Gamestop's website:

The Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Collector's Edition GameStop Exclusive comes with:
  • 80 page book containing three sections
  • Art section of exclusive and vibrant Ninja Gaiden art
  • Color comic section that links to NGS2 in game cut scenes and corresponding storyline
  • Strategy guide section to assist you in advancing through the game
  • 10 track soundtrack CD
As a pre-order bonus you get an in game Ryu Costume as well that is Exclusive to Gamestop.

Link: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75331

Just like what Atlus is doing to Demons Souls. Including the guide is just awesome. I am in for one :)

EDIT: The box looks pretty sick too. Also added the soundtrack.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='United_Korea']good thing they added tons of content to make up for the loss of gore.[/QUOTE]

...and the chicks too

As a NG fanatic, I'll be getting it. Glad the CE is posted, don't know if NGS2 is going to be that great, so far we're all a bit skeptical but I hope it turns out to be good.

I'll get it if I hear that they fixed the camera in this one. Or that they use screen-reliant AI (i.e. God of War, where enemies only attacked if they were onscreen).

Damn... GS has been sucking up my money more than Amazon lately which really sucks because Amazon is so much cheaper (especially after ECA).

At least the extras sound good this time... the last Sigma's CE was pretty crappy.

[quote name='TwinTurboJosh']For comparison, here's the Japanese "Premium Box" version, but it's $109 on Play-Asia.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/07/03/ninja_gaiden_sigma_box/[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's sweet. I'm sure the one we get won't be as nice though...

I just realized it's an 80 page book for all 3 sections (guide, comic, and artwork). That really doesn't leave much room for anything... if the artwork and comic take up 20 pages each, that only leaves 40 pages for the guide.:whistle2:/

Is it just me or has the quality of "limited edition" bundles been getting better lately? Between this, BlazBlue, and Atlus' upcoming Demon's Souls, I couldn't be happier... these are good incentives to preorder. I look back at Halo 3, RE5, even Fallout 3 and I recall watching their LEs take a nosedive in a matter of months from release (and I would argue Fallout 3 was the only good LE of the bunch).

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, that's sweet. I'm sure the one we get won't be as nice though...

I just realized it's an 80 page book for all 3 sections (guide, comic, and artwork). That really doesn't leave much room for anything... if the artwork and comic take up 20 pages each, that only leaves 40 pages for the guide.:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it's Ninja Gaiden. I have it on 360, and I know its a bit different on ps3, but you dont really need a guide, its pretty straightforward.

the main reason i bought the xbox 360 is for ninja gaiden 2. i will get this game for my ps3 cause they seem to do alot of cool improvements that makes this almost a completely new game again. thanks for the LE heads up.

I'm going to have to run to GS to pre-order this! Do GS B&M usually get the game on release day?

It seems:

a) this is a GameStop EXCLUSIVE collector's edition

b) the only extra on this GameStop collector's edition is the extra book

I'm wondering if I should spring extra for the japanese version instead. This CE seems lame.

[quote name='PsychoMantis']Yeah, but it's Ninja Gaiden. I have it on 360, and I know its a bit different on ps3, but you dont really need a guide, its pretty straightforward.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Most of the guide would probably be dedicated to the secret item locations and boss strategies.

I may spring for the collector's edition depending on the look of the package, i.e. better case.

Plus a guide won't help you come Master Ninja time. There are those who can greatly assist you over at IW, but a simple guide cannot prepare you for what that beast has in store.

Don't even have a PS3 yet but I'll bite.

Waiting on that white PS3 slim myself personally, and with each passing day that's started to sound like a unicorn.

I'd jumped if it has all the Japanese version's LE stuff but since it doesn't, I'm going to hold out. Hopefully Toys R Us would run a buy 2 get 1 free. I want 3 games around that time, NGS2, Uncharted 2, and Forza 3. It's only fair that I get NGS2 for free since I've already purchased NG2 on Xbox 360 at launch. ;)

Extremely tempting...online co-op is definitely pushing this title into the "Must Buy" category. I'll keep an eye-out and see how the previews continue to shape up. Thanks, OP!

Does anyone know if Ayane and the other chick are going to be selectable characters for the entire game, or is it going to be like the first Sigma, where Rachel was only playable in her own stages and missions?

I am torn over my love of NG, and the fact that I just got off the medication I had to take to get through NG2 on 360.

Yeah, I'm thinking about getting this. Hmmm... now I'm wondering what's the chance of finding a copy of the first Sigma CE...

Can you preorder games for instore pickup? I won't be back to the GS I'm getting it from for a week or so (my college town) and I wanna just go ahead and reserve it.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Can you preorder games for instore pickup? I won't be back to the GS I'm getting it from for a week or so (my college town) and I wanna just go ahead and reserve it.[/QUOTE]Yes you can.

There's no mention of it on GameStop.com yet, but the official Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 site says the GameStop collector's edition will also come with a soundtrack, and it has a picture of it as well. Looks like it will probably be in one of those cardboard sleeves, but still. This CE sounds a lot better now, imo

EDIT: Also it says over 30 tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd even the normal game isn't on Amazon.. I haven't given GS my money in three years... today is a sad sad day for me :( Ow $77.50 damn taxes and no free shipping.

just edited the OP with the new additions. that box looks pretty sweet. glad they included the soundtrack for it as well and included a pre-order bonus.

[quote name='kgbdarkday']Odd even the normal game isn't on Amazon.. I haven't given GS my money in three years... today is a sad sad day for me :( Ow $77.50 damn taxes and no free shipping.[/QUOTE]

At least the first one held its value pretty well. The first one was a Gamestop exclusive too and routinely goes for $50-60 used on ebay.

Soooo tempting ... there's so many things coming out in the next few months I don't know how to budget myself! Unfortunately I think I'll have to pass on this one. :(

I dont like this game. Granted, NG2 on 360 was glitchy as hell and this has more features, but the lack of blood is really off-putting. Not to mention that Itagaki has nothing to do w/ the Sigma games.

I'll probably give it a go when its hella cheap, but I can't say I'm excited for it at all.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']I dont like this game. Granted, NG2 on 360 was glitchy as hell and this has more features, but the lack of blood is really off-putting. Not to mention that Itagaki has nothing to do w/ the Sigma games.

I'll probably give it a go when its hella cheap, but I can't say I'm excited for it at all.[/QUOTE]

I honestly wonder why they cut back on the blood... but oh well, I just hope that they fixed the glitches and annoying mid game load times.

Hayashi has proved himself with sigma 1, itagaki was just an arrogant prick who thought everything he touched was greatness. I loved NG2 but it was buggy as hell and some parts were ridiculously hard, took me a little bit but i beat it. NGS2 is a must buy for me.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']I dont like this game. Granted, NG2 on 360 was glitchy as hell and this has more features, but the lack of blood is really off-putting. Not to mention that Itagaki has nothing to do w/ the Sigma games.

This exactly, how can you replace the blood w/ purple stuff? Retarded.

Another fail for NG fans.

bread's done
Back