The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion Deluxe GotY Edition - $17.95 @ Direct2Drive

DietPoopSoda

CAGiversary!
Just noticed this. Pretty good deal.

http://www.direct2drive.com/3/8203/...vion-Deluxe-Game-of-the-Year-Edition-Download

Also included in the Game of the Year edition are Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansion, adding new and unique quests and content to the already massive world of Oblivion. See why critics called Oblivion the Best Game of 2006.

This deluxe version of the Game of the Year edition includes the following downloadable content packs:
  • Horse Armor Pack (DLC1)
  • Orrey (DLC2)
  • Wizard's Tower (DLC3)
  • Spell Tomes (DLC4)
  • The Vile Lair (DLC5)
  • The Thieves Den (DLC7)
  • Mehrunes Razor (DLC9)
Sorry if this is a repost.

That's a much better price (Steam's $34.99 price tag is highway robbery), but many mods are unlikely to work with its proprietarily encoded .exe

Just an FYI, the retail no-cd cracked exe did actually work for replacing the Steam version for me.

I have a bunch of steam games, but not familiar with d2d. Does it work like Steam where you have to launch an app to play the game, or can I install this on both my home PC and laptop without having to go to the internet.

[quote name='jalu6']I have a bunch of steam games, but not familiar with d2d. Does it work like Steam where you have to launch an app to play the game, or can I install this on both my home PC and laptop without having to go to the internet.[/QUOTE]

From what I have heard, you do not have to launch an app, but I could be very wrong.

I personally have never downloaded anything from this site, because I don't typically play PC games. My friends, however, say this is one of the better PC game sites out there. Of course, they say that Steam is much better.

Here's the DLC equivalents for XboxLive.

Horse Armor Pack (DLC1) 200
Orrey (DLC2) 150
Wizard's Tower (DLC3) 150
Spell Tomes (DLC4) 80
The Vile Lair (DLC5) 150
The Thieves Den (DLC7) 150
Mehrunes Razor (DLC9) 250
Total XboxLive points: 1130

That's $7.50-15 depending on how much you pay for points.
I'm tempted to get this even before I have a computer that can run it well, even though I have GotY for 360.

bread's done
Back