Possible Amazon Trade-In Flip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainPiracy

CAGiversary!
Ok.. follow me on this..
Dead Space PS3 is 22.50 TIV today. Top right corner of the link below
( http://www.amazon.com/Video-Games-Trade-In/b/ref=sv_vg_8?ie=UTF8&node=979418011 )
It's 27.99 New w/ FreeShip
To get the 50% one Game or accessory coupon you just need to trade in $50 bucks worth of stuff.

So..
Buy 2 copies at $27.99
Get TIV for 2 copies.
Leaves you with 10.98 Extra spent
- Throw in some old PS2 game (God Of War II $5.00)
to bring to $50.00.

Now.. you'll get your 50% off coupon for 10.98 and the cost of wahtever brings you to the 50 bucks.. So lets say 3 copies of Dead Space...
you spent $16.47 overall and you have your trade in credit for 67.50 and a 50% off coupon.

Rock band Beatles -> 249.99
50% off coupon
124.98 + 16.47 overhead
$140
So.. $100 Off so far and your 67.50 trade in credit.
$75

overall Spent
$142.50

Saved -
$107.00

If you don't do the 3x Dead Space you save another 6.50, by using a game you already have / cheapy.

Anyway.. something to think about.. But if you can nab copies of Deadspace for under $20 somewhere, i'd be doing this in a heart beat.. I have yet to play mine though and I got it almost 5 months ago for $30.

Just gotta hope that the TIV doesn't take a dive before the games actually arrive. I haven't traded on Amazon yet, but I hear that the TIV's are pretty unstable.

I thought you locked in your TIV when you submitted. Then you had X amount of days to get them Postmarked..
So this would work by Submitting 3x Copies of Dead Space today, and ordering today. When they arrive, slap you Amazon Trade-In Mailing Label on the package and send it out.
IF that's not right someone can correct me I'm sure.. but I don't think amazon would have trouble Fulfilling orders for Dead Space.. ;)

~Capn

[quote name='Dendaman']Just gotta hope that the TIV doesn't take a dive before the games actually arrive. I haven't traded on Amazon yet, but I hear that the TIV's are pretty unstable.[/QUOTE]
I think you are locked in on the trade in price, but you have a limited amount of time to ship them the games. A week I think?

just go to gamecrazy if you really want this flip.

also sonic unleased is worth 14.50 and 18.99 used at gamestop - edge and 20%.
A lot of used 360 games that are 18-19 at gamestop are worth 12-14 on amazon.

if you get

mirror's edge
sonic unleased
MLB 2k9
Prince of Persia

it comes out to $57 --> $52 trade at amazon + 50% off

ehh not bad if it works for rock band beatles

personally not worth it to me, but if you want that bundle this might be a good way to save some on it.

Yeah, that's cool, just thought Free-Shipping and all would allow everyone to grab a 50% coupon, not just those near a GameCrazy or Gamestop. Anyway you do it is good :) As long as you're saving something.

~Capn

[quote name='Techsticles']I think you are locked in on the trade in price, but you have a limited amount of time to ship them the games. A week I think?[/QUOTE]

Ah okay, well then...very nice find op:bouncy:

[quote name='Xfactor19990']secondly they just give you amazon credit right?[/QUOTE]

I guess that is right, if so not that bad... my case that I tend to use amazon alot

you can lock in your price in amazon today while they are giving you 22.50 for dead space go out later today or tommorow and pick up dead space for $20 at gamecrazy offer ends on sunday night. $20 plus 1.50tax you pay 21.50 and get 22.50 for amazon trade in you make a dollar and don't have to lose anything.

i have a question i locked in 2 copies of uncharted for ps3 when amazon was having a $29.50 trade in 3 days ago, thing is i only have one copy was gonna buy one used for $40 a loss of 10 bucks, but now with dead space i can make up the $50 in tiv and get the %50 off. without loosing the $10.

i said i was gonna send in 2 copies of uncharted to get my %50, but now i'll only be sending in only one copy and making up the other $21 from dead space.
so how do i do that, do i send in my original trade in sheet and cross out one of the copies and include dead space in the shipping box and a new trade in sheet for dead space. essentially i'll be sending in two trade in sheets from two different dates in one box. they shouldn't have a problem with this right both trades will be under my account and mail adress.

[quote name='youenvy']you can lock in your price in amazon today while they are giving you 22.50 for dead space go out later today or tommorow and pick up dead space for $20 at gamecrazy offer ends on sunday night. $20 plus 1.50tax you pay 21.50 and get 22.50 for amazon trade in you make a dollar and don't have to lose anything.

i have a question i locked in 2 copies of uncharted for ps3 when amazon was having a $29.50 trade in 3 days ago, thing is i only have one copy was gonna buy one used for $40 a loss of 10 bucks, but now with dead space i can make up the $50 in tiv and get the %50 off. without loosing the $10.

i said i was gonna send in 2 copies of uncharted to get my %50, but now i'll only be sending in only one copy and making up the other $21 from dead space.
so how do i do that, do i send in my original trade in sheet and cross out one of the copies and include dead space in the shipping box and a new trade in sheet for dead space. essentially i'll be sending in two trade in sheets from two different dates in one box. they shouldn't have a problem with this right both trades will be under my account and mail adress.[/QUOTE]

Follow the directions on the Site.. Cancel you Trade in for Uncharted and Re-Create one for Deadspace instead... It's all in teh FAQs on the Trade-In Store.

~Capn

Not a bad idea there. I've been trying to move GS credit to Amazon, and this should do nicely. Since they give you a week to mail it and the B2G1 is rumored for next week, I placed an order for 3 copies of Dead Space. Figure I'll buy 3 copies for the B2G1 (comes out to roughly $45 w/ Edge, or $48 for me with tax) so $48 GS to $67.50 Amazon is a pretty nice flip.

Yep and if you can't get the Dead space copies, no harm no foul!! YOu're just locking in your price as long as you get them next week and ship in time .. ;)

~Capn

[quote name='ddrlenz']Not a bad idea. It'd be a good method for someone who is itching to get that 50% off bonus.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
This would be a good chance to get rid of all the old games and get better ones.

[quote name='Josef']Haven't strategies such as this and others already been discussed in the dedicated Amazon trade in thread?[/QUOTE]

Indeed - please continue discussion there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back