Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition (360) $134.99 at Amazon

[quote name='vivarey']Every time I make a big purchase at Amazon, the price drops a couple days later. Never fails.[/QUOTE]

Looks like someone misses the old price protection policy. :)

[quote name='opportunity777']Looks like someone misses the old price protection policy. :)[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah. You'd think a store would honor it's own price within a reasonable time period. It's ridiculous.

Well that's pretty shitty, considering I placed my order on July 8th and they should be shipping tomorrow.

Think a call to Amazon CS would do me any good? I'd only be out an extra $7.49, but that extra could go to something like the Searchers on Blu-Ray :cool:

What is going on with the ECA discount?! I am not able to use it more than once a day or what?

I just placed an order without any problems, and now it says that I cannot use it!

[quote name='lolwut?']Well that's pretty shitty, considering I placed my order on July 8th and they should be shipping tomorrow.

Think a call to Amazon CS would do me any good? I'd only be out an extra $7.49, but that extra could go to something like the Searchers on Blu-Ray :cool:[/QUOTE]

I would try it... I emailed them and got a reply that they were going to make an exception this once for me and go against their policy and gave me a $10.00 credit. Definately YMMV but give it a go.

Of course I also have a ton of stuff preordered for the next year so that may have gone into the decision as well.

Actually with your order not being shipped yet I'd say it's a good chance for ya... I received mine like 3 days ago.

[quote name='mhnajjar']What is going on with the ECA discount?! I am not able to use it more than once a day or what?

I just placed an order without any problems, and now it says that I cannot use it![/QUOTE]

more like once per account it seems, see the ECA thread

[quote name='mhnajjar']What is going on with the ECA discount?! I am not able to use it more than once a day or what?

I just placed an order without any problems, and now it says that I cannot use it![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Link127']more like once per account it seems, see the ECA thread[/QUOTE]

Mods seem to be deleting and editing people's ECA posts outside of the main ECA thread. :roll:

So, direct all ECA comments to here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230169

Yeahhhhhrrrrggghhhhhh!!!! Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! *pulls hair out*

I bet this will gone by the time I get my 50% off trade in code. *sigh*

I ordered this yesterday, just called to try and get them to give me a credit or something for the difference. The woman wouldn't do that, but she did let me cancel the order even though it was already in the "in the process of shipping" stage.

I reordered it using the 50% code and my credit and ended up paying just over $11 out of pocket.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Yeahhhhhrrrrggghhhhhh!!!! Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! *pulls hair out*

I bet this will gone by the time I get my 50% off trade in code. *sigh*
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Argh I know, mine better hurry up!

[quote name='letstrythisout']I saw this fight stick for like 75 bucks at Fry's, no promo.[/QUOTE]

Probably the SFIV Fightstick SE?

[quote name='letstrythisout']I saw this fight stick for like 75 bucks at Fry's, no promo.[/QUOTE]

I don't think frys even sells the TE, do they? Probably was just the SE.

[quote name='Afflicted']I would try it... I emailed them and got a reply that they were going to make an exception this once for me and go against their policy and gave me a $10.00 credit. Definately YMMV but give it a go.

Of course I also have a ton of stuff preordered for the next year so that may have gone into the decision as well.

Actually with your order not being shipped yet I'd say it's a good chance for ya... I received mine like 3 days ago.[/QUOTE]

Well I sent an e-mail, so we will see. Thanks for the response.

Damn... now it's cheaper? Well, at least not the PS3 version...

My bad, Buy.com has the PS3 stick at the same price as the Xbox.

Wow, Amazon CS is awesome. I sent them an e-mail expressing my disappointment of the drop while I was still waiting for mine to ship, but I also got the "one time exception" treatment, and there is now a pending $15.00 refund on my order.

Thank you Amazon!

[quote name='lolwut?']Wow, Amazon CS is awesome. I sent them an e-mail expressing my disappointment of the drop while I was still waiting for mine to ship, but I also got the "one time exception" treatment, and there is now a pending $15.00 refund on my order.

Thank you Amazon![/QUOTE]

grats :D never hurts to ask

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Anyone mind copying and pasting exactly what they wrote to customer service?[/QUOTE]

I just wrote and asked if it were possible to get some credit for the price change since my order had shipped about a week ago. Didn't complain or threaten or anything.

[quote name='lolwut?']Wow, Amazon CS is awesome. I sent them an e-mail expressing my disappointment of the drop while I was still waiting for mine to ship, but I also got the "one time exception" treatment, and there is now a pending $15.00 refund on my order.

Thank you Amazon![/QUOTE]

One time exception? That's a load of BS. I think that if your order hasn't shipped yet then you could still cancel the order and re-order with the new/lower price. They know it and thats the only reason they'll do the adjustment because its basically the same sh*t. But if it's shipped already your chances of getting that adjustment are slim to none because they know most people are either too lazy to ship it back & re-purchase at the lower price or because the cost of shipping it back to them makes it not worth it to the consumer.

If they had at least a 30 day price protection, then I would have no problems with Amazon.

[quote name='Serpentor']Damn... now it's cheaper? Well, at least not the PS3 version...

My bad, Buy.com has the PS3 stick at the same price as the Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Great for everyone that doesn't live in California, Tennessee, Massachusetts, and New York because unlike Amazon, Buy.com charges sales tax to those states. :cry:

[quote name='garymheng']Great for everyone that doesn't live in California, Tennessee, Massachusetts, and New York because unlike Amazon, Buy.com charges sales tax to those states. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Amazon charges tax in NY and thats why I am not buying this.

[quote name='garymheng']Great for everyone that doesn't live in California, Tennessee, Massachusetts, and New York because unlike Amazon, Buy.com charges sales tax to those states. :cry:[/QUOTE]

...misinformation FTL.

"Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax."

[quote name='wampa8jedi']...misinformation FTL.

"Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax."[/QUOTE]

I think he was refering to the stick at www.buy.com

My bad.....I checked buy.com's info on sales tax but not Amazon's because I thought Amazon only charged sales tax in Washington since all the stuff I get from them comes from there.

[quote name='dizzlle01']I think he was refering to the stick at www.buy.com[/QUOTE]

I was but also referring to the fact that even though buy.com has the same sale for the ps3 version of the stick, it doesn't make it as good of a deal as amazon for me because amazon doesn't charge sales tax while buy.com does for CA residents. Just happened to add the extra info on those states because I was looking to see at what percent since local sales tax is 9.25% (buy.com is listing that they charge 7.25%)

Sucks for NY residents as they cant catch a break from either website with regards to not paying any sales tax. :whistle2:(

[quote name='garymheng']One time exception? That's a load of BS. I think that if your order hasn't shipped yet then you could still cancel the order and re-order with the new/lower price. They know it and thats the only reason they'll do the adjustment because its basically the same sh*t. But if it's shipped already your chances of getting that adjustment are slim to none because they know most people are either too lazy to ship it back & re-purchase at the lower price or because the cost of shipping it back to them makes it not worth it to the consumer.

If they had at least a 30 day price protection, then I would have no problems with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

lol, why are you ranting about Amazon. They are fucking awesome in general, and the only reason I included the one time exception part in quotes was because someone else already mentioned it ITT. I don't really know or care if it will be the only time I'm allowed to, but just the fact that they gave me a refund was great, and I can always cancel in the future.

Yes. Thank You.

I ordered one after waiting all these months for it to come back in stock, I'm saving $15 and no tax. Thanks and goodnight. :)

Never thought I'd see Amazon or Buy.com or anyone for that matter, dropping the price on the TE. Their loss?

I'm going to pass and wait to see how Hori's wireless stick turns out. I don't play fighting games that hardcore so I'm not worried about breaking it if it isn't the highest, sanwa/sanwa-like quality.

Wow never thought I would actually see these go on sale considering the craze for them earlier this year. I guess everyone on the shoryuken forums got one as well as the others. Either that or everyones holding out for the hori real pro's that are due out eventually.

[quote name='garymheng']One time exception? That's a load of BS. I think that if your order hasn't shipped yet then you could still cancel the order and re-order with the new/lower price. They know it and thats the only reason they'll do the adjustment because its basically the same sh*t. But if it's shipped already your chances of getting that adjustment are slim to none because they know most people are either too lazy to ship it back & re-purchase at the lower price or because the cost of shipping it back to them makes it not worth it to the consumer.

If they had at least a 30 day price protection, then I would have no problems with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

you're correct, if the item is not yet shipped, Amazon suppose to price adjust, because you can simply cancel and reorder, duh. I do miss the 30 price guarantee policy (that's a long long time ago). Also, i miss the NY tax free most... It's not a deal anymore to order from Amazon :(

Yes, buy.com also charges NY tax, i don't order from them anymore too (the tax basically cancel the 10% discount, not too shabby, but i already have a TE stick).

[quote name='poet17eric']Could it have anything to do with MadCatz's "very limited" something or other that they will announce at EVO 2009? It is only a few days away, July 17-19. Link to article below.

http://shoryuken.com/?p=1439[/QUOTE]
Eh. What else can they realistically add since everything is already upgradable?

Nice deal, especially with ECA (luckily, hadn't used my code yet).

bread's done
Back