Deodorant: Stick, Gel, or Spray?

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Which one and why?

I tend to like deodorant spray simply because I never like the white marks that are left on my shirt with sticks, and I get wet spots under my arm pits when I use the gel, :lol:

Did u create this thread cause the 300 ms points when u buy axe at Target? I used spray way back, but it doesnt really last. Now I jus use regular gel or stick.

..what else is there?

EDIT: Actually, no. I was talking to some friends today and found out like.. I am rare because I use the spray? I use the Arrid spray, and not Axe.

Spray is for people that think Maxim magazine is a poontang handbook. Gel is for people that think Flex magazine is a poontang handbook. Stick is for people that don't read magazines.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I let my body create its own deodorant.[/QUOTE]

Diarreah...by Calvin Klein. Eau de toilet.

200.jpg

^ this is spray. Not axe. Axe is just.. eh.. nevermind.

[quote name='lilboo']
200.jpg

^ this is spray. Not axe. Axe is just.. eh.. nevermind.[/QUOTE]

I only thought middle aged women who were fans of Bold&Beautiful and/or Guiding Light used Arrid

I use plain old Right Guard unscented spray. Besides keeping your pits dry, you can combine it with an open flame to burn someones face off or set them ablaze. Stick and gel just don't make as good of impromptu weapons.

Gel stick. I used Axe deodorant (not spray, a stick) for a while, since I bought it in a 3-pack and it came out pretty cheap that way. I liked it since it was gel, but it was a stick deodorant, not like Right Guard gel where it's just gel in a stick like container. Adidas stick deodorant was the same way. Then I ran out, and picked up some regular old Right Guard deodorant, and it's what I'm assuming is a normal stick deodorant- very dry. And it sucks.

Stick. Dove. I used to use Secret gel stick but it left way too many streaks on my clothing. Dove still does that but it's not nearly as bad. The formula also seems gentler on my skin.

Gucci deodorant, it's like both a stick and a gel. Kind of what like Rocko was talking about; I can't use a regular stick anymore, it just is uncomfortable (not to mention the white marks on shirts).

1889264406.Jpeg

Spray is for people that think Maxim magazine is a poontang handbook. Gel is for people that think Flex magazine is a poontang handbook. Stick is for people that don't read magazines.

While I'm sure that (sadly) might be true for some, I wear both because I like to smell decently, and despite what some of you might think about Axe and their (shallow) PR campaign, it actually smells a lot less strongly than the majority of men's deodorants, and is really only noticeable to those who get really close to you (girlfriends).

Seriously though, I absolutely refuse to wear cologne, and have a hard enough time understanding why someone would want to smell like that shit. The point of any makeup or scent is to make it seem like it's your natural complexion / scent, and not to make you stand out in a crowd like a clown / shithouse.

~HotShotX

All of the above.

I use Axe spray because I get Axe for free from their website and they also send me free $15 Amazon.com gift cards which comes in handy. The new spray cans however break too easily and I think the spray particles get in my eyes and makes my eyes water.

I use Right Guard, Adidas, Old Spice, or whatever else I can find for cheap. I prefer gel to stick, but I use both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stick; I change kinds almost everytime though, so no one brand for that. I don't like the gel feeling myself and I haven't tried the spray, but it doesn't seem like something I would give a chance either.

[quote name='ananag112']All of the above.

I use Axe spray because I get Axe for free from their website and they also send me free $15 Amazon.com gift cards which comes in handy. The new spray cans however break too easily and I think the spray particles get in my eyes and makes my eyes water.

I use Right Guard, Adidas, Old Spic, or whatever else I can find for cheap. I prefer gel to stick, but I use both.[/QUOTE]
I'm curious what "old spic" smells like.:lol:

Gel, only because spray isn't enough coverage, and stick is too white.

Gel is absorbed and stays dry... the trick is not to coat your pit like you would jelly your bread.

[quote name='HotShotX']While I'm sure that (sadly) might be true for some, I wear both because I like to smell decently, and despite what some of you might think about Axe and their (shallow) PR campaign, it actually smells a lot less strongly than the majority of men's deodorants, and is really only noticeable to those who get really close to you (girlfriends).

Seriously though, I absolutely refuse to wear cologne, and have a hard enough time understanding why someone would want to smell like that shit. The point of any makeup or scent is to make it seem like it's your natural complexion / scent, and not to make you stand out in a crowd like a clown / shithouse.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]
And Axe doesn't make you smell like a clown / shithouse? It is basically a cheap cologne. :lol: With any scent you put on, it needs to be in moderation for it to be effective. Less is more in this case. You should try using something like the Old Spice body deodorant, it's not particularly strong and it has that deodorant smell rather than the "wannabe cologne smell" like Axe does.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slickkill77']Gel's suck. They are always far to wet and they get on your shirt. Stick ftw! Generally right guard[/QUOTE]

And I bet you go through a gel in about a week? right?

one is only suppose to use about one click on the bar, not 10. This isn't like sunscreen for your pit.

I've never ever had shirt gel... but I don't immediately throw on a shirt after I gel.

I have used a gel in years, but no its not a matter of going through them to fast. Gel just sucks. Why wouldn't you use stick? If you want wet armpits then just sweat

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I'm amazed...three pages and not one Chuck Norris joke.
[/QUOTE]
I'm amazed at all the grocery store deodorant in this thread.

bread's done
Back