Buy Xbox 360 Elite $399.99, get Halo Wars Limited Edition free (ends Jul 18 2009)

yeah it'd be nice to spend $400 to get $64 free :)

This is a good deal if you don't have a 360 and wanted an Elite. That said, I probably wouldn't have jumped on it in favor of the RE5 bundle which is a guaranteed Jasper :)

When you posted this it made me think of the Halo 3, Fable 2 bundle. Now that would have been a deal. Still it is a good deal for anyone without a 360 and is looking for one.

I still would prefer the Fable 2 and Halo 3 bundle over this.
Still good I guess if you like RTS on consoles and didn't have a 360...

Yeah, the Fable 2/Halo 3 bundle seems like a better deal, plus doesn't this virtually guarantee it's not a Jasper? I'd think it's very iffy if you get a Jasper with the NEW bundle. (And AFAIK the RE5 bundle was NOT a guaranteed Jasper, was it?)

Lord_Zath, to 'know' it was a 'guaranteed jasper,' you would need more than one, you would need EVERY one produced. I'm not saying it wasn't guaranteed, but the reason you gave was weak sauce.

From what I gathered the only Elite's that are Jaspers are the RE5 Bundles because the Halo3/Fable2 Bundles are rumored to be flushing the stocks of Falcon Elites so they can make way for mass production/distribution of Elites with Jaspers...makes sense to me, and I've heard that like a half dozen times on this site alone from different people. Only one that's consistently found to be Jasper (but as was said, not guaranteed I suppose) was the RE5 bundle.

The Elites, if Jasper powered, would be amazing to get with a solid game or 2, but sadly, it seems from all I'm personally hearing, my own opinion is that that's unlikely.

[quote name='freightliner']if only i had $400
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Same here :cry:

How about the current Pro bundles - are those guaranteed to be Jasper? Then again, what is the point in the Pro bundle when you can buy an Arcade and add a 60 GB hard drive, wired headset and 3 months of live for a total that is less money? Does the Pro have something that the Arcade+60GB LIVE Starter Pack does not? The arcade+starter plan is even better if you have a 50% off accessory/game coupon for amazon. Then the combo is $199+($89.99/2) = $244 shipped. I am tempted. Is there any reason to pay $56 more for a Pro? What sucks is that regardless of what route you take, you still have to cough up another $76.99 for a wireless adapter, unless ethernet works for you (doesn't for me). Add that in and the total is: $320.99. Not such a bargain any more. :(

[quote name='crunchewy']How about the current Pro bundles - are those guaranteed to be Jasper? :([/QUOTE]

They're not guaranteed to be Jasper but you have a pretty good chance at getting a Jasper....especially from stores that are selling a lot. I would think that you'd be safe getting one from amazon but who knows. If they happen to find some old stock hidden away somewhere you could be the lucky one to get it. I bought one recently for a friend from my local Walmart and all they had were Jaspers in the Pro bundles. At least if you buy it from a local store you can see it and know it's a Jasper before you buy, but you can usually get a better deal online.

[quote name='Desiboi1992']Decent deal. How good is Halo Wars though? I haven't heard much
00.gif
[/QUOTE]

I've heard that it's actually pretty good, and that combined with this deal in general... pretty smokin'. If you don't already have the system, it's well worth it.

Its a good deal if you are a new xbox user. Plus you are getting 2 other games with it. This is last year's holiday bundle everyone is trying to get rid of it before the new one comes out, i expect better deals than this as it gets closer to christmas (if any are left)

bread's done
Back