New EGM scores March

scdoanintendo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Godfather on cover will be on PS2, Xbox, and Xbox2! (w/ pics of Xbox 2 only)
Reviews
Nba street 3 9.0,8.5,9.0
Punisher 6.5,8.0,6.0
Winning Eleven 8 9.5,8.5,8.5
Shadow of Rome 6.5,7.0,8.0
Sega Classics Collection 4.5,6.0,4.5
Nanobreaker 7.5,6.5,4.0
Death by Degrees 5.0,5.0,6.0
Xenosaga Epis. II 7.5,6.5,7.0
Champions: Return to Arms 7.5,7.0,6.0
Shining Tears 6.5,6.5,5.5
Tenchu: Fatal Shadows 4.5,6.0,4.5
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim 7.5,6.5,8.0
Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection 8.0,8.5,9.0
Tork 7.0,6.0,5.5
Gungriffon 3.5,2.0,5.0
Phantom Dust 8.5,7.5,8.0
Resident Evil 4 (GOTM) 10,9.5,10
Star Fox 8.0,8.0,6.0
Wario Ware: Touched 9.0,8.5,9.0

Wow, those scores for Return to Arms are lower than I would have expected; unless it got dinged a few points for 'too much like the original.'
Shining Tears, is that the no-longer-turn-based next entry in the Shining Force series?

Is this issue out yet, or how do you get these scores?

I can guarantee yout that Champions will get worse scores than the original, because it will be "more of the same" That won't stop them from giving Madden 2006 nines, claming that it's god's gift to gaming, and a revolution in football games.

Thank goodness for the great scores for Street 3. What sucks is there's no Jordan in this one. I sold my Street 2 too....D'oh

There sure are a lot of mediocre scores this month. When is the next highly-anticipated blockbuster title for any of the platforms coming out?

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']There sure are a lot of mediocre scores this month. When is the next highly-anticipated blockbuster title for any of the platforms coming out?[/quote]

Soon. Star Wars: Republic Commando, Brothers in Arms, Wrestlemania, Timesplitters, GT4, Tekken 5, RE: Outbreak 2, Rainbow Six: Lockdown, NARC, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Doom 3, Close Combat: First to Fight, and Iron Phoenix all ship in March.

My Zinio reader thingy doesn't even have a digital copy of March's issue yet, but when it does, i'll get some pictures.

i'm pretty happy with these scores, the purchases of star fox, and NBA street 3 were on the line.... they are now going to be bought!

I'll be sure to get Wario Ware: Touched on the DS. It was so close to being gold. :(

Thanks for posting the scores. :)

[quote name='scdoanintendo']I just got it in the mail today. Starfox also received lower scores than I expected.[/quote]

I think one guy gave it a 6.0 because the on foot missions sucked so much (which I can imagine they did)...

[quote name='beerguy961'][quote name='scdoanintendo']I just got it in the mail today. Starfox also received lower scores than I expected.[/quote]

I think one guy gave it a 6.0 because the on foot missions sucked so much (which I can imagine they did)...[/quote]

You see, I'm sort of torn on that issue. I can understand that it got a low score for the on-foot missions not being great. But then again, they were never really the focus of SF anyway and they are a new addition so it at least adds something fresh. So the score is kinda iffy for me.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Aw man, .5 score higher, and RE4 would have been Platinum.[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking. Thats an awfully good score, though. EGM doesn't hand out many Gold awards.

[quote name='StealthySeal']i'm pretty happy with these scores, the purchases of star fox, and NBA street 3 were on the line.... they are now going to be bought![/quote]

From who? :p

[quote name='clockworkvictim']They rate so harsh, and overate lame games. I still love the mag though :).[/quote]

Yeah, EGM is no where near the greatness that they used to be. I remember when they gave huge magazines each month filled with good info. Now they are so thin and filled with ads. The review system is faulty too cause it's uneven, but I still love em. They are the most well-written and at least reviews are informative. I hate gamepro's cratoony vibe. At least EGM tries to be mature.

I got EGM today, but didn't know until a little bit ago. Wario seems very good after reading the review, and this seems like a pretty good issue.

What games did they decide to wuss out on and not review? I'd like to know so I don't get disappointed if a game I'm looking forward isn't rated because they're lazy.

Metal slug advanc, KOF:2003/3004, and Mc Grooz Dance Craze. Also next issue will include reviews of SC:Chaos Theory, Gran Turismo 4, God of War, Doom 3, and Pariah.

[quote name='ZForce']I can guarantee yout that Champions will get worse scores than the original, because it will be "more of the same" That won't stop them from giving Madden 2006 nines, claming that it's god's gift to gaming, and a revolution in football games.[/quote]

yeah ea pays alot for those ads :lol:

I was kinda hoping for a better review of Xenosaga II...I respect any RPG that isn't a FF or DQ clone. Especially one that assumes the gamer has a bit of intellect. It's not Monolith's fault the average gamer is a meathead.(I'm basing this off of the first one obviously, the second could be different that the first in this respect.)

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='ZForce']I can guarantee yout that Champions will get worse scores than the original, because it will be "more of the same" That won't stop them from giving Madden 2006 nines, claming that it's god's gift to gaming, and a revolution in football games.[/quote]

yeah ea pays alot for those ads :lol:[/quote]

I was under the impression that EGM didn't take money for good reviews...in fact, I recall one of the editorials being a rant about how other gaming mags do it.

Besides, Madden IS excellent consistently. I don't even like sports games that much, but I see my brother playing it 9 months post release. The depth of that game is amazing, plus the gameplay is the best in the genre and the visuals are excellent.

Try using a better example next time...like Goldeneye: Rogue Agent or some crappy title EA pushes.

[quote name='bapti2529'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='ZForce']I can guarantee yout that Champions will get worse scores than the original, because it will be "more of the same" That won't stop them from giving Madden 2006 nines, claming that it's god's gift to gaming, and a revolution in football games.[/quote]

yeah ea pays alot for those ads :lol:[/quote]

I was under the impression that EGM didn't take money for good reviews...in fact, I recall one of the editorials being a rant about how other gaming mags do it.

Besides, Madden IS excellent consistently. I don't even like sports games that much, but I see my brother playing it 9 months post release. The depth of that game is amazing, plus the gameplay is the best in the genre and the visuals are excellent.

Try using a better example next time...like Goldeneye: Rogue Agent or some crappy title EA pushes.[/quote]

I think he is saying that even though Madden is a good game, it is pretty much the same thing every year with a few changes, yet it still manages to get high scores. But when Champions of norrath gets a sequel that does the same, it gets in the 6's and 7's range. I havne't played it yet but to me it seems like it plays exactly like the original with 2 new races, more levels, longer gameplay, better online, and more multi-player modes, which is exactly what I was expecting. I don't see how that would score less than the original if they basically kept it the same, while Madden is the same every year and gets high scores nonetheless.

Phantom Dust did well. Maybe I'll buy that when its available.

I finally got this issue, and actually got two copies of it. One had Jan. '06 as my subscription end date and the other had Feb. '07, not sure why both have different dates, but I'm glad I finally got this issue.

bread's done
Back