Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Get a $10 Video Games Credit at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]8135[/IMG-R]Get a $10 video game credit when you pre-order any version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The game also qualifies for release date delivery, which is free with Amazon Prime. Combine this with the ECA 10% discount and/or Amazon's 50% off trading promotion and suddenly that Prestige Edition doesn't seem so scary anymore.

iconamazon.gif
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...I pre-ordered this weeks ago, I wonder if I still get the $10

EDIT:

This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Excellent!

I generally buy from Amazon and this is an awesome deal but my bros will want this day one and release day delivery would basically kill this deal. Oh well.

Odd, Amazon has it listed as $60 for the PC version. Wal-mart has a similar deal going on ($10 GC) with $50 for the PC version, so I assume it's a typo.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']I generally buy from Amazon and this is an awesome deal but my bros will want this day one and release day delivery would basically kill this deal. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
How does release day delivery kill this? Do you mean your bros want to get it at midnight?

Lol, so let me get this straight on the prestige edition:

($150 * .4) (assuming you got the 50% off trade-in coupon + 10% off from ECA) - $50 (from said trade-in) - $10 (assuming you will use the PO credit in the future) = $0.00 SHIPPED

Sick.

[quote name='skubish']How does release day delivery kill this? Do you mean your bros want to get it at midnight?[/QUOTE]

My guess is the cost of Release day delivery will offset the $10 credit

Yeah so after the 50% and ECA like you said it goes down to 60 O_O. Z0mg and they give you a 10 dollar off future purchase SUPER GOOD DEAL

[quote name='hodnes']yeah so after the 50% and eca like you said it goes down to 60 o_o. Z0mg and they give you a 10 dollar off future purchase super good deal[/quote]
+1

Wow, didn't realize this many CAGs would be up for spending so much on goggles (credit or not, it's still spending something.)

Great deal tho, wish Amazon would do this on a game I'm interested in. ;)

Went ahead and ordered the hardened edition w/ ECA. Already used my 50% off code on the Batman CE.
Batarang >>> Toy goggles

I got the prestige edition on preorder but I may bump down to the standard edition because I may end up buying 2 copies (1 Xbox 360 and 1 PS3).

Ichigo: Just order now. You can always cancel later and they won't charge you until the item ships.

Agh, might as well pick it up then. Was gonna wait for it to drop, but the price of even COD4 is staying pretty high, so I doubt MW2 will drop for awhile

Good to see that they're including it with the special edition. Probably just going for Hardened, I can't imagine those NVGs being very good for $70.

i'm in for one... just with the ECA discount, no 50% off coupon. oh well. can't wait...
oh and release date delivery is free for Prime members. nice.

[quote name='skubish']I got the prestige edition on preorder but I may bump down to the standard edition because I may end up buying 2 copies (1 Xbox 360 and 1 PS3).

Ichigo: Just order now. You can always cancel later and they won't charge you until the item ships.[/QUOTE]

That idea just completely went over my head. Will be pre-ordering my copy of the Hardened Edition. Thanks!

thanks. preordered my pc version. i figured the 10 credit would make up for the 10 dollar markup from the average game.

sorry if this has been answered in other forums, but is it CONFIRMED that you can do the 50% off game for a pre-order for this game? thanks guys

I was going to order the Prestige Edition, but for now, I just figured I'd order the Standard one. I might order the Hardened version, just for the better case, but I can always change my order later.

Went ahead and ordered the Prestige Edition.

$150.00
-$75.00 (50% promo)
-$15.00 (ECA promo)
-$53.75 (credit from trade-ins)
---
$6.24 with Release Date Shipping. Nice.

[quote name='Poor2More']My guess is the cost of Release day delivery will offset the $10 credit[/QUOTE]

It depends because i pre-ordered a game with their free shipping (the slowest of the slow) and i got it the day after release. So if Amazon gets the games early enough they may ship it for release day.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Went ahead and ordered the Prestige Edition.

$150.00
-$75.00 (50% promo)
-$15.00 (ECA promo)
-$53.75 (credit from trade-ins)
---
$6.24 with Release Date Shipping. Nice.[/QUOTE]

damn that's messed up

[quote name='Sarrasis']Went ahead and ordered the hardened edition w/ ECA. Already used my 50% off code on the Batman CE.
Batarang >>> Toy goggles[/QUOTE]
Cool can't wait to get this with my 50% code and ECA.

BTW,

Fully functional NVG(low end as they may be)>>>>>Plastic batarang that is attached(super glued) to plastic stand

Wish I could bite on it but I rarely ever use Amazon for anything due to having to deal with taxes. Newegg and Buy.com usually get my business. No taxes.

I think it's well worth picking up the Prestige Edition if you have ECA and 50% off coupon, as it only works out to be $28 more than the Hardened Edition! $60 vs $32. I figure for $28, why not?

I preodered the standard edition earlier this week. But now that the prestige edition is up also I ordered a copy of that. Will just sell the standard to a buddy. ECA + Prime :)

[quote name='Sarrasis']Went ahead and ordered the hardened edition w/ ECA. Already used my 50% off code on the Batman CE.
Batarang >>> Toy goggles[/QUOTE]

100% with you.

[quote name='skeletore']Can someone please explain where all these discounts are coming from?[/QUOTE]

Amazon trade in deal, send in 50$ worth of stuff, get a 50% off coupon for video games/accessories. Also, the ECA coupon you have to sign up for at Amazon.

Nevermind, I found it. Thanks for the help on the first one though. I think I'll be in for a prestige edition myself. Too bad gamestop won't do something like this so that I can get a midnight release on top of it all.

bread's done
Back