Saint's Row Coming to the PSP in March 2010?

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/the-short-news-saints-row-psp-bayonetta-wipeout-hd-fury/1568/
Is Saints Row coming to PSP? It most certainly is, if you believe the official site for Swedish metal band Opeth. Here's the update from the band's official site:
We may not like playing video games all that much but we do like it when our music is featured on them! Makes us a bit proud even when it's a game as big as Saints Row for the PSP and even prouder when the nice developer people show excellent taste by picking "The Lotus Eater" for it. So if you love playing video games: the game is expected to hit the streets around March 2010.
Hardly an officially official confirmation, obviously, but it's close enough for me. Actually, it's way more specific than the typical "band or voice actor says something about an announced game" scenario plays out. Normally you'd just get something like "we're in Saints Row" with no platform or anything. And hey, nothing says "keeping it gangsta in the streets of Stilwater" like Swedish metal?
Not officially confirmed yet, but these guys seem to know enough from their involvement with the game that it seems very likely to happen.

For anyone who loved GTA: San Andreas or any of the Saint's Rows, this announcement is huge. I hope they'll keep the chaotic nature of the game and make all side missions fun (quite a few in SR1 and a few in SR2 were a pain to play, I'm looking at you Destruction Derby).

That's great news and helps me feel all the better about my PSP purchase last month. SR2 completely revived my faith in sandbox games after the last big budget game that year fell flat with it's crap-tacular driving and pain in the ass friends. I guess the next question is if any interaction between the PS3 and PSP save files will unlock things.. probably unlikely for THQ to tap that, but you never know.

bread's done
Back