GAMECRAZY RIPOFF

puzzlefite

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
After the Maximo fiasco (charged $50 for Army of Zin then lowered it back down to $40 within the same week) this happens! Note: Maximo is forgiveable since Target made the same mistake.

Wario Ware Megagames for Gamecube is $50 there! $50!!!!!

I think it retails for $30 everywhere else!

I bought a copy (just to play now) but have full intention of returning another copy from somewhere else in 7 days!

If i didn't have so much store credit there I probably wouldn't support them at all.

You say it's a ripoff but yet you still bought it for $20 more than retail AND you knew that it could be found cheaper elsewhere! So, to get the $20 back from YOUR mistake, you're going to try to scam them into taking back a copy from another store.

I think the only people being ripped off here is GameCrazy.

Nice contradiction. If I knew I could get it for $20 cheaper everywhere else before buying it then why is that considered a mistake? No point in traveling 10 miles to a cheaper store when I can get it at Game Crazy 1 mile away and play it today. Afterwards I just go buy it from the cheaper store on the weekends when it is more convenient for me.

Side Note: I had the game preordered with my $5 down expecting it to be $30. i am not giving them $50 when Best buy will have it for $25 after GC probably.

This is really no fault but your own. I don't particularly care if you rip them off by returning another stores games, but just because you are too stupid to ask how much they are charging for a game before you promise to buy it, that is your fault. And a 9 mile difference is hardly one worth couting at all. Even if you didn't have a car I'm sure your mommy would have drove you.

I'm pretty sure I got this right...

...Your complaining that Game Crazy rips people off by charging 20.00 more than retail for a game....that you KNOWING THIS, bought anyways. Your excuse for this was that you didn't want to travel 10 miles to another store and that you already put 5.00 down on it.

Ok, now lets say that at most the extra 9 miles you had to travel would have taken 20 mins. You basically, could have put in at MOST an extra hour of time and got the game 15-20.00 cheaper. Wow...10 miles....that is what I call fucking lazy, plain and simple, God FORBID one day you get a job out of town and have to travel 30-45 mins each day to work like I do. :?

Worst. Complaint topic. Ever.

Game Crazy Owned you! LOL

hey puzzlefite, i don't understand what you're trying to say? you're mad at gamecrazy for charging high prices? but then you got them anyway b/c you had credit at their store?

if that's the case, you should not have bought it from them. whether you have credit or not, why knowingly get ripped off? it doesn't make sense. also, 9 miles isn't that far of a drive. if you don't have a car, if you tell your parents that you save 15 to 20 bucks if you buy it from someplace else, i'm sure they won't mind. also, if you got the credit using the max payne 2 trick, why would you use it to pay for expensive/rip-off items? it kind of negates the deal you got from trading in the mp2 games....

Puzzle, go back tomorrow and get the price changed. Most likley it was a screw-up and will be corrected tonight. I just got my copy from Game Crazy and it was $29.99.

I declare puzzlefite a moron. Congratulations.

What you want to do is illegal. Just because you're too damn lazy and/or dumb to go to another store doesn't mean you have the right to screw over the GameCrazy.

It's scumbags like you that make me hate humanity...

I have a question for you...

Did you even bother to question them on this or mention the retail price is 29.99 or we're you too damn lazy to do that too?

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']I declare puzzlefite a moron. Congratulations.

What you want to do is illegal. Just because you're too damn lazy and/or dumb to go to another store doesn't mean you have the right to screw over the GameCrazy.

It's scumbags like you that make me hate humanity...[/quote]

What he did was dumb, but not illegal. It's not like he's defrauding GameCrazy.

Geez I just wanted to point out that Game Crazy was selling the game for $50 instead of the retail of $30. That's it!

The rest is not relevant.

But since so many people feel like attacking me for how I deal with buying games, I will respond.

No point in asking what the retail price is. It had a $50 price tag on it. Also some kid bought an xbox the day before the price drop and person working there said nothing. I'm not going to go into why I didn't say anything to the kid. That's another story.

If it was easier for me to go the extra 10 miles, I would. However that usually is not the case. I only had 30 minutes to buy a game on weekdays so I pick Game Crazy cuz it's closest. Other stores would have been closed by the time I had a chance to go. I bought the game knowing that you can cancel preorders and get your $5 back. I like all the well thought out responses here. They're very amusing.

I'm not here to debate whether you think returning a copy of a game I bought somewhere else is right or wrong or illegal. Still I can't believe so many of you think I got owned, am dumb or wuteva becuz I always do this.

There are a lot of people who buy a game the day it is released with full intention of returning a copy later because of a cheaper price just to play it right away.

Calm down. The purpose of a buisness is to make money. To make money you have to sell something for more than you are buying it for (also called a profit). If you don't like how much they are selling it for, don't buy it from them.

[quote name='puzzlefite'] Also some kid bought an xbox the day before the price drop and person working there said nothing. I'm not going to go into why I didn't say anything to the kid. That's another story.
[/quote]

Your a member of CAG and he's an employee working for a store that wants to make a profit. It is more your duty than his to tell the kid of a price-drop.

[quote name='puzzlefite']
No point in asking what the retail price is. It had a $50 price tag on it. Also some kid bought an xbox the day before the price drop and person working there said nothing. I'm not going to go into why I didn't say anything to the kid. That's another story.

If it was easier for me to go the extra 10 miles, I would. However that usually is not the case. I only had 30 minutes to buy a game on weekdays so I pick Game Crazy cuz it's closest. Other stores would have been closed by the time I had a chance to go. I bought the game knowing that you can cancel preorders and get your $5 back. I like all the well thought out responses here. They're very amusing.
[/quote]

First of all, theres a difference between an upcoming price drop and a PRICING ERROR....If you weren't so lazy you'd have questioned them on this. Also theres a little thing that a lot of places seem to be doing now, called "price matching", this may be new to you, but I dunno, maybe it wasn't worth 5 seconds of breath to ask. :?

As for only 30 mins to buy a game, traveling 10 miles one way, 10 the other way....at normal speed, plus adding in time to buy the game, is about 30 mins. your excuse isn't plausable, it doesn't make you paying 20.00 extra for a game any less of an idiot. Seriously, if you were so hard up for this game you could have bought it on GBA 6 months ago....it's the same game!

All in all, I chalk this up to common laziness, your excuses don't make up for it. Next thing you know you're going to be complaining that some guy at a flea market was selling overpriced bootleg CD's and Games and how wrong it is...you know...after you bought about 10 of em.

A true cheapass wouldn't care about the extra mileage or time to procure a game. It's all about the cheapest price possible. Did you want justification for paying the higher price? You are definitely asking the wrong people. You have much to learn, grasshopper.

I went to GC yesterday to pick up my reserved copy and can indeed confirm that they are charging $49.99 for this game! I was dumbfounded. I pointed out to the clerk that it was MSRP $29.99, they replied with it wasn't any cheaper anywhere else. What could I do? Take my business elsewhere with regards to WW, that's what. Very disappointing because I already have the credit there. Maybe I'll call them back before picking it up somewhere else and see if they've corrected their error. Still, it pisses me off to have gone there and then find out they're trying to rip people off. It also pisses me off that they're trying to rip people who don't know any better (usually parents) off as well. :roll:

monkeylol.jpg

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']I declare puzzlefite a moron. Congratulations.

It's scumbags like you that make me hate humanity...[/quote]

Wow way to completely overdramatize the issue. I'm kind of mad at myself just for adding another reply to this thread but when I read your post I just couldn't resist. If you hate humanity you might want to remember that you, as a human, ARE A MEMBER OF IT! Scumbag... wow, you make it sound like he's single-handedly bankrupting the company.

I don't even see why people are arguing over this.
So I'm going to just sum it up and let's just drop it.

Did I spend $50 on a $30 game?
No, I will get $20 back in the future.

Am I lazy because I could have driven the extra miles and didn't ask the clerk?
I was in a hurry as I said before. How would you know how long it takes for me to go an extra 10 miles for me? Do you walk in my shoes? No so let's just leave it at that.

To those people who think it's unethical to return another copy to a store.
It runs on the same line as the EB Reservation Rewards and that Blockbuster YMMV buy 2 get 1 free thread going on. Not all of us agree with each other on these issues and that's fine. So we should all just leave it at that.

To the person who thinks this site is all about getting the game for cheapest price:
There are other costs involved when buying a game like transportation and time. You should always factor that in.

Ok so no more responses this is getting dumb. Let this thread die.

We each have our own opinions so let's just move on.

bread's done
Back