Logitech Harmony Xbox 360 remote

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Does anyone have this? Is it a good pickup? Someone has one on craigslist for $40 and I'm considering getting it. In a month I'll be moving in with my girlfriend and between the receiver and all the tv inputs it seems like a good idea to make life easier for her.

Is $40 a good price for it or should I just hold out for when one of the other harmony remotes go on sale?

Harmony remotes are fantastic. You can get a better deal from time to time, but I'd say it's definitely worth $40.

They're cool in a sense that they're programable and can be used with anything that has an IR input. The only beef I have with it (yes I have one) is that there is a delay between when you press the button and when the action happens. Even when you set the delay to 0ms, it still has a delay. Minor annoyance. I have mine programmed to do 360, regular Xbox (dvd), ps2, and two of my tvs. Handy.

I have a harmony 550, which is very similar to the XBOX one. Unless you're using your xbox for DVD playback specifically, I would suggest going with the 520 or 550. Both can be had for $50 shipped from Amazon or PCRichard or Buy.com on a pretty regular basis, and they are more suited for controlling other Home Theater devices, rather than having specific xbox buttons (which you can map to the top screen anyways, if you want). Plus, it will still control the xbox just fine.

Harmony remotes are great. I have that one (for a year and a half or so) and love it.

Harmony remotes are great as they just basically idiot proof working a home theater set up as one button will turn on all the devices that need to be on and put them on the right inputs.

The 360 one is great if you do the Netflix streaming as then you don't need to grab a controller. I didn't use it for the 360 much before the Netflix streaming was added, just occasionally go navigate to download a demo or something.

bread's done
Back