Crazy game deal Idea wondering if it works.

SpartonCaboose

CAG Veteran
Okay well I just heard about the recent amazon deal about how if you trade in 50 dollars worth of games you get 50% off a game. So I heard this might work with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 prestiege edition or Batman Arkane Asylum Collectors Edition. Now this deal seemed really sweet but the problem was that I did not want to trade in any games.

Until I recently heard about a Hollywood Video deal in which you would buy any game that cost less than 30 dollars for 5 bucks. So would it be possible to get 50 dollars worth of trade in credit and only end up spending like 25 dollars? Plus if this deal is going on what games should I pick up. Because I want a good ratio between money spent and trade in credit.
So my quistion is does this seem possible. And what games should I get at the deal.

look on amazon yourself and check TIV (trade in values) in comparison to what your hollywood video has in stock

What you're proposing is what's known as flipping...buying games an place X and giving them to place Y for more value than you spent, a not entirely uncommon practice around here. Problem is, all flippers are in direct competition with each other. If they post their plans out in the open, more people can snag the good-for-flipping games, decreasing their pool. So, if you intend to flip games, get ready to do the legwork.

Also, that 50 dollars for 50% off deal died on Saturday, if i'm correct. I believe the current deal is trade in 60, get 30 bonus.

bread's done
Back