CAG Foreplay #64: Mega-Wontrons

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
[preview][img-l=1]2[/img-l]CAG's shipwreck & mrs. shipwreck preview the new releases for the week of July 22nd, 2009. It's a short, but rather royal release list with the likes of "The King of Fighters XII", "Little King's Story", and the follow-up to "My Life as a King". Don't worry "Shatter" and "'Splosion Man", we consider you to be noble releases as well.

Special thanks to GoDaddy.com for providing CAG Foreplay listeners with a code for domain names for only $7.49 a year. Just enter code "GAMER1" when you check out to get your savings.

[podcast]75[/podcast]
Download - 41 minutes, 38MB
[/preview]

You can now subscribe to Foreplay on iTunes by clicking this link: CAG Foreplay on iTunes

You can also contact us with any questions or comments at [email protected] or [email protected].

Multi-Platform

[IMG-L=5137]8178[/IMG-L]G-Force Dev. Eurocom Pub. Disney Interactive Systems: Everything MSRP: $19.99-$49.99
The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of this third-person action game are actually presented in 3D. Because if you are playing a game about secret agent guinea pigs fighting against evil household appliances, you might as well firmly establish that you’re not beyond wearing cardboard-framed glasses as well.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $39.97 (Free Shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Amazon $24.97 (Free Shipping on Orders over $25)

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $24.97 (Free Shipping on Orders over $25)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $39.97 (Free Shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Amazon $24.97 (Free Shipping on Orders over $25)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $39.97 (Free Shipping)

[IMG-L=5137]8179[/IMG-L]Rock Band: Country Track Pack Dev. Harmonix Pub. MTV Games Systems: PS2, Wii, 360, PS3 MSRP: $29.99
After “The Gambler” and “On The Road Again” I don’t really know any of these songs. And I most definitely do not know “Any Man of Mine”, “Sin Wagon”, or “This One’s for the Girls”. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go walk this line and show someone a teasin' squeezin' pleasin' kinda time.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free Shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free Shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free Shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $27.99 (Free Shipping)

[IMG-L=5137]8174[/IMG-L]The King of Fighters XII Dev. SNK Playmore Pub. Ignition Systems: 360, PS3 MSRP: $59.99
The year of the fighting game continues with a completely revamped take on the classic King of Fighters franchise. Enjoy all new hi-def sprites for each of the twenty characters and see if the three-on-three clashes are enough to pry Street Fighter IV or BlazBlue out of your console.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $56.99 (Free Shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $56.99 (Free Shipping)

[IMG-L=5137]8180[/IMG-L]Watchmen: The End is Nigh - The Complete Experience Dev. Warner Bros. Interactive Pub. Warner Bros. Interactive Systems: 360, PS3 MSRP: $29.99, $49.99
The twin halves of the Watchmen downloadable game activate to take the shape of a videogame disc… and a case to hold that videogame disc. The PlayStation 3 version also includes the movie on Blu-Ray.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free Shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $46.99 (Free Shipping)

Wii

[IMG-L=5137]8175[/IMG-L]Little King's Story Dev. Cing Pub. Xseed Systems: Wii MSRP: $49.99
Describing this new release as an adventure/RPG/RTS/simulation title may seem rather vague, but how else do you describe a game in which the gamer inherits a kingdom and all the ensuing responsibilities? From building to gathering resources to governing subjects and felling enemies, there’s a little of everything in this game. The art style is cute, but don’t let that fool you – this title is rumored to be chock full of solid game play and will entertain even the most hardcore gamer. Everyone should certainly check this one out. – mrs. ship

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $46.99 (Free Shipping)

On The DL

[IMG-L=5137]8279[/IMG-L]5 Spots Party Dev. Cosmonaut Games Pub. Cosmonaut Games Systems: WiiWare MSRP: $5
Find the differences between the two photos in this WiiWare version of the popular Megatouch game.

[IMG-L=5137]8281[/IMG-L]Battle Poker Dev. Left Field Productions Pub. Left Field Productions Systems: WiiWare MSRP: $8
Much to my chagrin, this is not poker played with humorously animated medieval armies. Instead, it's a fast-paced scramble to make the best poker hands possible.

[IMG-L=5137]8282[/IMG-L]Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord Dev. Square Enix Pub. Square Enix Systems: WiiWare MSRP: $10
This tower-defense game takes place in the Final Fantasy universe along with taking place within an actual tower. As you are playing on the dark side, you are tasked with building and defending the tower from invading heroes... seems to be a popular theme these days.

[IMG-L=5137]8280[/IMG-L]Art Style: ZENGAGE Dev. SKIP Pub. Nintendo Systems: DSiWare MSRP: $5
Match up like-colored spheres and squares in this latest Art Style puzzler.

[IMG-L=5137]8285[/IMG-L]Shatter Dev. Sidhe Interactive Pub. Sidhe Interactive Systems: PS3 MSRP: $7.99
Remember when Space Invaders Extreme and Arkanoid Live came out awhile back? Well, imagine if they were mixed together into one game and you've got a pretty good idea of what Shatter is all about.

[IMG-L=5137]8283[/IMG-L]’Splosion Man Dev. Twisted Pixel Games Pub. Twisted Pixel Games Systems: XBLA MSRP: $10
The makers behind The Maw return with an explosive platformer.

Did we miss a good sale on a game? Did we miss previewing a game completely? Well, the only way that everyone can know a better deal is out there is to let us know about it. Post deals you've found or games that we missed in the thread so that CAGs can make sure they are getting the absolute best prices on new releases.

Intro/Outro Music:
The intro & outro music are both from Pterodactyl Squad's "Weezer - The 8-bit Album" Compilation. It's free and available for download here.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was that dungeon game you were talking about(not the WiiWare one)? I think it was for the PSP ..

Anyway, nice cast and good luck with that Transformers-based restaurant idea :p

I'm thinking a Milktron-Shake would sell well.

[quote name='Ch33pSh33p']What was that dungeon game you were talking about(not the WiiWare one)? I think it was for the PSP ..[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman.

Anyway, wow.... 2 Foreplays in a row? Does this mean we won't have any again until next year?

Intro song Weezer "Buddy Holly" 8 bit Version
Outro Weezer "The world has turned and left me here"

Omega "Taco" Supreme

Blitzwing "dings"

There really isn't much to buy, Im going backwards and buying games I haven't played but have wanted to like folklore and ultimate alliance...slow summers.
for the contest you can have:
bruticus + brisket = brusket
nosecone + ice cream = ice on a nose ... or something
Blitzwing + wings = Blitzwing ... bleh
Windcharger + baked beans = Nasty windcharged beans
There are too many transformers o.0.

If delaying Mercenaries 2 a year is rushing, then The Saboteur has no hope. Also, the date isn't really indicative of quality. Persona 4 came out on the same date last year.

thank you for your view on my life as a darklord dlc. Developers need to somehow put in check with this model, I personally will not play this game to ensure this dlc rape isn't further supported.

Thanks again for the GoDaddy code Shipwreck.

Last Saturday marks the 1 year anniversary since I registered the "www.Super-Pretendo.com" domain name.

How about this surf and turf entree:
Arcee-same seed encrusted tuna
and Preceptor-nados of beef
Served with Jetfire-roasted vegetables
and a Heavy Load-ed Baked Potato

Almost forgot dessert:
A Lugnut-ty Buddy

and a more Southern meal would be:
Ratchet-lins (although that sounds even grosser than regular chitlins)

This is a slow period for games, but my backlog is giant due to the Hollywood Video sale, so I'm fine with it.

BBQ Darkwings
Omega Supreme Pizza
Seaspray Fish Fillet

About Little King's Story....

I just got it last night and it is a BLAST! Very funny and charming. Also, to Mrs. Shipwreck, it does not use IR. You do not point the Wii remote at the TV at all to play the game. It is all nunchuck and button controls so don't worry about the whole point and click issue. It definitely has a Pikmin vibe with how you use citizens to fight enemies for you. The King would never fight in battle. Of course not! He commands his citizens to fight for him! He does so by throwing them at the enemies/obstacles in his path. It is very cute :)

Do not be deterred by it being a Wii game. Also, reviews say game length is at least 40 hours, usually 50 hours. For $50 this is still a good deal for such a charming game.

Might swing by DQ after work for a Blurr-zard or McDonald's for a McBlurry.

One could say you have shipwrecked my productivity today.

Monkey Islanndddd. I beat the game a few days ago and I also had the problem with reading the text in the beginning of the game while the text was over Guybrush's white shirt. This was ONLY a problem in the very beginning so you won't have to worry about sitting 3 feet away from you TV.

I think the Lord of the Rings Conquest and Saboteur teams were different teams, so I'm not sure that the sins of one team would plague the other team.

I didn't have much of an issue with Secret of Monkey Island's text, though I played the demo on a large SDTV, so I can't say how it looks on an HD set yet.

I agree on Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman, as it seemed hard enough that it was hard to really learn much from each attempt at playing through the game so I could get noticeably better.

Good show.

Great shows. I've recently begun to listen to the foreplay while driving, it just makes everything seem, better.

I've been racking my brains out trying to figure out a dish, but all I have right now is...
Sound-wavey fries
Grapple pie
Fried Octopus Prime

Hey Ship, I have a question, and since Ignition seems to like you, you seem to be the right person to ask. Did you ever play Tornado on the DS? if so, comments?

[quote name='Chronis']Hey Ship, I have a question, and since Ignition seems to like you, you seem to be the right person to ask. Did you ever play Tornado on the DS? if so, comments?[/QUOTE]

I did play Tornado. I enjoyed it until it became impossibly hard. I'm sure you know it's kind of like Katamari, but there are levels where the space cats you are looking for are a couple of pixels big. And they only appear after you've collected 7-8 minutes worth of stuff. And their location is randomly generated each time you start the level. And you can't cover the entire level in the given amount of time. Thus leading to the possibility that you could conceivably never be looking in the right location at the right time. Or if you get lucky, you find them the first time.

It's a shame really, because the game mechanic was solid. The level design and progression was not.

Hey Ship and Mrs Ship - I really enjoy your show! Haven't listened to any podcasts till about 3 weeks ago...you guys do a great job. It's funny when Mrs Ship bashes Ship because of his obsession with games. Sounds like my GF...

Anyhow Ship - you seem to know more about videogames than most people, and I believe you have a pretty large collection of new and old stuff. Have you ever thought about adding in a small section in your show to talk about maybe ONE old game or something to recommend to the listeners? As a collector, you know it's not always about playing NEW release games - a game can be "new" to us, and still be an old title.

For example, sitting here right now in front of my collection of 600 games or so, I would recommend Metal Arms - Glitch in the System for XBOX/GC/PS2 or maybe Blackthorne for SNES/32X. Something gamers can pick up that they may not have played...

Thoughts? ... I liked hearing about the X'eye you picked up from a user here (from an old Cag foreplay).

Not at all a fan of the contest, I have NO idea what the Transformers names are. ;)

Loved having another show, even with so few releases. Looking forward to next week and if you guys have anything to say about Wii Sports Resort (considering Wii Sports bowling is the most-played game on my Wii, followed by Boom Blox..).

I have to wonder how many people play the Wii as their primary console. For me, my main system is probably my DS (because I've been traveling a lot, not near my TV or my 360), though I have all 3 main consoles and the PSP and DS.

/tk

I finally had the time to listen to this week's show. Wait...there was a show last week, too? I must be dreaming. Hopefully, you will have the time to keep putting out more shows. If not...well, the world won't end...but it'll probably get here quicker.

Am I the only one that thinks Wii Sports Resort should've been mentioned in this week's show and not an upcoming (?) one? But I guess those Nintendo releases are a bit crazy. Speaking of crazy releases, I can't find that $50 Watchmen edition anywhere. Not that I want to buy it, but I find it odd that it's not out there in more abundance.

If you're going to complain about Monkey Island's text, Driftweed, make sure you mention all the other games with small text that came out before it.

Wheeljack- cheese sandwich
Mega"tron" Muffins (in honor of the Mega Muffins Cagcast)
"The Fallen"-Off the Bone rack of ribs
"Gr-apple" Pie
Hot-"rod" dog
"Inferno" charbroiled steak
"Kup" of Beer
Omega "Nacho" Supreme
"Outback" steak
Rodimus Prime Rib (smaller, weaker, more annoying version of Optimus Prime Rib)
Seaspray Crab
Liver and "Sky"-fire grilled onions
"Mud-flap"-jacks

Here are some more:
"Swoop" Soup and "Thundercrackers"
Hot "Sludge" Sunday
Grimlocks lamb chops
French vanilla "Kup"-accino
"Snarl's" Jr six dollar burger

Vet question for Mrs. Ship that I'd love to hear addressed on the next Foreplay:

Every time I take my dog (see below) to the Vet, they want to do something to her in the "back room". It's not an Exam room, it's some secret sanctum that pet owners aren't allowed to enter.

Most recently, my dog had some post-spaying stitches to remove. They wanted to take her to the "back". I said fine if I can come along. Nope. So we get an exam room, the vet tech comes to remove the stitches. She tells me I need to get my dog on her back some how to remove the stitches. No problem, I put her on her back on my lap (been doing that since she was a pup). While this is happening, I'm thinking "how were they going to accomplish this in the 'back'?"

I remember this growing up with my dog and cats then as well (different vet). It freaks me out because I don't know what they're doing that they wouldn't want me to witness...

In short, what is the "back" and why are vets in love with it?

Love the Foreplay!

[quote name='oxidative']Vet question for Mrs. Ship that I'd love to hear addressed on the next Foreplay:

Every time I take my dog (see below) to the Vet, they want to do something to her in the "back room". It's not an Exam room, it's some secret sanctum that pet owners aren't allowed to enter.

Most recently, my dog had some post-spaying stitches to remove. They wanted to take her to the "back". I said fine if I can come along. Nope. So we get an exam room, the vet tech comes to remove the stitches. She tells me I need to get my dog on her back some how to remove the stitches. No problem, I put her on her back on my lap (been doing that since she was a pup). While this is happening, I'm thinking "how were they going to accomplish this in the 'back'?"

I remember this growing up with my dog and cats then as well (different vet). It freaks me out because I don't know what they're doing that they wouldn't want me to witness...

In short, what is the "back" and why are vets in love with it?

Love the Foreplay![/QUOTE]

nice non sequitur

This is getting fucking stupid, either say your not going to the show anymore or the a fucking show. I know your busy with your red hair and everything, come on!

Guys, where the fuck is the fucking show. Either admit that your not going to the fucking show anymore or do it, I feel that your show is just a waste of my computer space.

[quote name='Wazzaplinola']Wow 2 foreplays before a cast ![/QUOTE]
thats what she said , boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back